This hotel probably cost 1000 dollars a night

this hotel probably cost 1000 dollars a night

Money isn't an object to Sofia Coppola so it's never an object in Sofia Coppola films.
It's always been something that was always just there to her.

So? It' supposed to be loosely based on Spike Jonze, who could easily swing that.

All her movies are about rich people ennui.

She's fucking retarded. Can't make one decent movie.

People pay a lot of money for stupid things like good photographs, news at 11.

Why does this boring ass pos (((movie))) have 8 stars on IMDB?

Is Lost in Translation the biggest pleb filter?

It was the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Checking the website, a single night on a random night the price is in the mid $700 to mid $800 range with a suite going for around $1500 per night.

You can however get a twin room for 30,000 Hyatt Gold points.

The record label or whoever Giovanni was working for was obviously paying for it

>tfw you will never be a rich actor who just lives in fancy hotels and bangs/hooks up with qt girls all the time

also Somewhere is great just as good as LiT imo.

I went to Japan a few weeks ago so I decided to go to the hotel.

Yes, it seemed very expensive.

The reception is not at the first floor, it is at the 41st if I remember correctly so I went up. Most of the movie happens in the "lobby". There are two restaurants at the top and the bar is a one floor below. I didn't make it to the bar because there was a dresscode and I was wearing a pair of nasty Nikes and a Can t-shirt.

It's not that big, but Coppola made a whole movie out of a freaking lobby.

BTW, Suntory is a real brand and yes, they do campaigns with american stars. They are currently running one with Tommy Lee Jones for their brand of coffee.

In any case AMA because I went to most of the movie locations, including the two shrines in Kyoto.

did you see any qt american tourists?

uh you do know that this movie is over 10 years old right and that changes to that hotel probably happened a lot of times?

also the costs back in 2002/3 is probably a lot cheaper than it is now.

speaking of TLJ he probably would have also been great in LiT or a movie similar in plot.

>film is over 10 years old
>still looks very recent

>Bill looks god awful now even though he still looked really old in LiT

>ScarJo cut off her tits and got "fat" she doesn't have the same body figure or cuteness as she did

I always wanted a sequel to this movie, have it just be about Bob dealing with age and his career suffering due to being older.

No, most people there were actually Japanese. Also, who the fuck goes to Japan for western qts? 70 percent of Japanese women between 20 and 30 years old are qt pies.

There weren't many changes. The only one I noticed was the thing hanging in the elevator mirror. It's different now. But there are 4 elevators and I just used one both ways, so maybe I didn't take the one Bill Murray took when he sees ScarJo for the first time. I know this because I looked a lot of caps from the movie when I was there on my phone.

I've stayed in the same room, that's a Park View Kind Room. It's quite large compared to most Tokyo hotel room and behind the camera is where the bathroom is and all in all is what you would expect of a Park Hyatt (the top tier in Hyatt hotels)

But the hotel hasn't changed since the film was made, though it doesn't feel dated.

I wonder how often this shit happens, like the people who work at that hotel must fucking hate this movie and the Americans who go there asking where Bill is.

Tommy Lee Jones has been the face of Boss coffee for like 15 years you waito piggu

speaking of hotels and sofia movies the one in Somewhere is pretty comfy, would rec this film if you guys have not seen it yet.

also features a qt pre Neon Semen Demon Elle in it.

>tfw you realize this entire film is actually a covert ad for Hyatt hotels

Just clicked, really makes you think

>Millions of people see this movie
>Millions of people wanna go to Tokyo and experience comfy hotel life and find a qt

Well, as I said I was there a few weeks ago. I assumed they just changed the face often.

also speaking of Keanu and Sofia, I just want them to make a film together like LiT or Somewhere, she can even add Elle in it since they have work history now.

>Keanu Elle Sofia film

whose with me?

shit just happens for any landmark or product featured in a popular film.

I bet you the staff at this particular hotel are so aware of this film now and the vast "white" people who love it. It's probabably required viewing for the staff when they get hired.

I've stayed in nicer desu.

>who the fuck goes to Japan for western qts?
because youd probably have more in common with ones youd find over seas than at home...

>really makes you think
I like how this has never said in conjunction with anything that requires or triggers any sort of thought for anyone other than the retarded.

kind of related but I live near the school that was used in 10 Things I Hate About You. From the outside it still looks the same and so does that football field where Heath Ledger is doing song and dance number.

can this just be a famous location landmark in a film you've been to thread?

>not going for the qt locals

dude the way white girls go for BBC in America is the way Asian girls go for white guys in Asia.

so basically in Asia white American guys are their version of the BBC.

>wanting to hook up with American girls at all in Asia

Your mom probably cost 1000 dollars a night

That's 1000 more than your mom

We are just one planet around just one star in just one galaxy. Really makes you think

This movie makes me depressed.

Right, because she wasn't a hooker or a slut.

And hey, I'm not knocking, unless it's boots. 1000$ is classy prostitute tier.