To me, DS9 was largely about the Jewish diaspora. Cardassians are Nazis...

>To me, DS9 was largely about the Jewish diaspora. Cardassians are Nazis, Ferengis represent Jews as the world sees them (i.e., anti-Semitism), and Bajorans represent Jews as they see themselves (i.e., Israel). Perhaps I’m reading too much into this, but it always seemed that way to me

>Bajorans use terrorism as their key weapon against Cardassia
rly makes u think...

Why cant cardasians be white people, ferangi be asains, and bajorans be muslim?

The cardassians are the israelis and the bajorans are the palestinians [/spoilers]

The ma-ki use terrorism too. Makes me think who are they representing?

alaskan separatists

Maki were only in Voyager retard feggit.

Never heard of them, sara palin loves america and so do her ppl.

her husband was one

Do you even know why the ma-ki started???
And whats a fegget?

Its spelt Maques.

Nigger, haze your nigger self.

I prefer the broader analogy that the Cardassians were colonizing a land populated by the indigenous and far less advanced Bajorans. The Bajorans ended up losing a lot of their native culture - and many of their citizens - yet were ultimately left with a number social, economic, and technological advancements once the Cardassians de-colonized Bajor.

One must not forget that it was the colonization

The Maquis, you mean?

Yes it is, excuse me. And they were on TNG and DS9.

...the colonization that got rid of those silly d'jarras.

That's pretty retarded mate.

What is colonization? Take everything, take charge of everything but let some if them live for labor and stuff?

Ferengi are space jews.

> Their earrings! And their broken, wrinkled noses!

Gas Bajorans, Get Money

Most Cred Forums posters are Americans and have a skewed view of colonization due to the history of America. In most other colonized countries, sure the colonizers built infrastructure and to some extent improved the overall std of living of the natives but only for the benefit of the colonizers. Any extra benefits to the natives are incidental and might even be suppressed. For example, in my country, the Brits built modern schools but they carefully vet who could enter and also took care to only teach just enough for future clerks and low level public servants. The Brits built roads, train tracks and ports but mainly to move tin and rubber from the interior, a trade they monopolize and exploit. The Brits built an elite college for those of royal blood but there they effectively brainwash the future rulers to be subservient to the British Empire. So, yes colonization did bring modernization, but was not intended to help the natives and when the lands have been stripped barren of reources, left to rot.

What's funny is that America tried it's hand at colonizing the Philippines despite our own rhetoric but gave up when they realized how murdery they were.

Armin Shimmerman said DS9 had direct parallels to the balkans conflict.

millions of bajorans won fabulous prizes during the cardassian occupation