Why did he hate his kids so much?

Why did he hate his kids so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W18nggyOHfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One was a ponce one was an idiot and the only smart one killed his wife.

he loved his children save tirion because family and affluence was what drove him and in his hubris while attempting to carve out a path for his house - his children secretly loathed his iron hand so they ended up as sociopaths like thim as opposed to the learned, ready to take up the banner heirs

btw I only watched the show and I didn't even feel that strongly about it so I'm probably wrong

Two incestous bastards and a freak of nature.
Although to be fair if he was really all about "muh legacy" he could have remarried shortly after his wife's death and produced more heirs.
Also he should have killed baby Tyrion.

What kind of monster kills a baby?

He loved Jaime. He just hated Tyrion and knew that Cercei wasn't fit to rule.

The kind that is unlucky enough to have a baby monster.

Most the women in america who didn't plan on getting pregnant.

dog bless ameriga

His wife died giving birth to Tyrion. Tywin loved her so much, he refused to remarry or have any additional children.

Tywin probably would have hated Tyrion even if he wasn't a dwarf. If anything, Tyrion would have been dead already if not for his being a dwarf: his midget status ironically made him a subject of pity that gave him plot armor from Tywin's full rage.

Jamie probably would have made Tywin less of a shit had he done his family duty as the head of the house/Tywin's heir. But he got caught up in the glamor of being a knight, then refused to give it up once he realized it was a sham and worse, when he had to murder the king, which would have allowed him an "out" to quit had he just taken it.

And there is Cersei; a spoiled cunt who thinks she's better than she is.

I think it's a running theme in the books more so than the show that all the houses who took part in killing the mad king are "cursed" as they always seem to face ironic circumstances for what they were best known for before the events of the books/show.

The Lannisters were "the" archetypal family but they seem to hate each other and cant find happiness despite fulfilling all their goals a few times over.

I don't think Martin would think of it as cursed because he seems to hate anything fantasy about fantasy. So don't get your "acshtuallys" out, it's just an expression.

He didn't you dumb fuck

He loved Jaime until Jaime joined the Kingsguard, making him ineligible to succeed him. He doesn't give a shit about Cersei because she's a woman and a crazy bitch. He hates Tirion because Tirion is most likely not his biological son, his birth killed his wife and yet he still turns out to be the most like his father.

>Cersei
She's a woman. She has one job.

>Jaime
Loves him. Wants him to carry on

>Tyrion
he's ashamed of such a child.

>Jon Snow
Loves but it has to keep it a secret

OH FUCK user DROPPING BASED TRUTHS

Cause this show is for overdramatic ass cunts.

The Lannister thing is less that and more a universal form of being fucked up.

Tywin's dad was a soft touch guy who's nice guy way of running things bankrupted the family. This made Tywin a hard bastard, who did what he did to resurrect the family fortune and make sure his kids never went without.

Unfortunately his kids grew up spoiled brats and worse, in the eyes of a control freak like Tywin (who had to be a cold blooded control freak to restore the family coffers as quickly as he did within a single generation), had their own ideas for what they wanted to do with their lives.

Tywin wanted an heir who would do as he said and carry on his cold blooded rule over the family to keep it from ending up like it was when his dad ran things. But one son wanted to be a knight and not rule, the other son killed his one true love as a result of his birth and was a dwarf (even though mentally, he basically would have been the perfect heir), and his daughter was a cold blooded lunatic who was his polar opposite: cold blooded and ruthless but with none of Tywin's smarts.

>I think it's a running theme in the books more so than the show that all the houses who took part in killing the mad king are "cursed"

Oh fuck, I never thought of that.

Well, the Greyjoys didn't fight against him and still got fucked up.
Tyrells are kinda fucked up but not seriously. Same with Martells.

But yea, good point.

Because he hated everything.

His children are the absolute epitome of selfishness. Cersei wants power simply for power sake, and has harmed countless people in her pursuit of more. Jaime is vain as fuck, and wants to play pretend well beyond the appropriate age. Tyrion is by far the worst, as his only concern in life has been immediately fulfilling his every desire without hesitation.

Tywin wants a dynasty to stand the test of time. He's practical and peaceful unlike his children.

>Well, the Greyjoys didn't fight against him and still got fucked up.

I think in their case it's just the sheer stupidity of everything they do. I wish the iron island would sink with all of them on it.

I don't think he hated his kids.He tried to show example of what he thinks is the ideal character for his house, but he didn't force on their kids to play the role.

If he really hated his kids, he would have split up Cersi and Jaime; and sent Tyrion to the wall. Instead he let his kids do whatever the fuck they want.

Parents live through their children. He couldn't live through any one of them.

>Tyrion is a dwarf which he sees as an irredeemable weakness, also blames him for the death of his wife
>Jaime joined the Kingsguard meaning no heirs
>Cersei is a woman so her heirs dont have the Lannister name, woman are generally less valued especially as heirs

It's pretty straightforward dude

He explicitly hated the shit out of Tyrion. This is a pretty major point in their relationship. Tyrion cannot possibly perform well enough for Tywin to forgive him for vagina-murdering his wife.

His feelings towards his other two children are more arguable (although I'd wager that hatred isn't quite out of the running with them either, and that disappointment factors in heavily). I'd say a pretty defensible read is that he sees them as dynasty-builders more than actual human beings made to be loved. Tywin used up all of his love on Mama Lannister. He just wants to rule the world now, and to try to ensure that baby Tywins continue to rule it for as long as possible. If that means dealing with his shit-headed children (except the little one, because fuck that wife-murdering cunt), then so be it.

He was just trying to make Westeros great again.

Lazy writing borrowed from Braveheart.

He loved Jaime. He was everything he wanted a son to be. He was angry that he joined the Kingsguard and left his legacy in the hands of Tyrion who he hated. He also loved Cersei because she was what he wanted in a daughter, mostly. Of course he mostly loved them in the sense that he loved what they could do for his legacy.

They all sucked and the only one who had the Lannister guile was Tyrion nad he as a fucking freak dwarf.

Tywin was the only worthwhile Lannister in his immediate lineage, Tytos was a toothless shit and his kids were fuckin weirdos.

You don't join the Kingsguard dumbass, the king appoints you to it
Aerys did it as a fuck you to Tywin because people thought he was running the country more than the king (which he was)

Jaime did have a desire to join, though.

His ego.

His family was just an extension of himself. Them all being fuckups cast a poor light on Tywin's reputation.

It's not like he could say no
Tywin didnt not like Jaime because he was in the Kingsguard, he didn't like Jaime because Jaime was Jaime

He hated Jaime because he deemed him too selfish to put the honor of his house in front of his own personal glory. By joining the kingsguard he fucked up Tywin's plans and forced him to acknowledge that he either had to leave the Rock to Cersei or Tyrion, although now that I think about it Kevan may have been a choice as well. Also way too impulsive.

Cersei... She's a stupid bitch, plain and simple. What Joffrey became and his consequent stupid decisions that made a mess out of everything (beheading Eddard) was just further proof she was not fit to even be a mother let alone a ruler.

Tyrion he hated for killing Joanna and possibly being Aerys' bastard, although as his sister rightfully said he was the true heir to Tywin. Despite being a selfish and horny motherfucker, he was still cunning enough to be worthy of Twyin's name, but the guy just hated his guts no matter what.

>all the houses who took part in killing the mad king are "cursed"
All the houses are cursed.
>Baratheons are literally all dead, their only legacy being some random bastard
>Starks have 1 crippled heir left
>Arryns have 1 weak, sickly autist as their legacy
>Lannister's are 2 incestous shits with no heirs and a meme dwarf who hates his family
>Tyrells are all dead except 1 barren 80-something who's only a Tyrell by marriage
>Martells are all dead
>Greyjoys are cursed from birth with ironbaby genes + only male heir of balon has no cock and balons brother will die with no heirs
>Tullys have 1 heir who's been living in a cell for 3 years or something. I guess they've come out on top though since he still has a wife and son.

Jaime wanted to stay in the Kingsguard so he could fuck his sister.

I was going to call you retarded but then I remembered that the show actually did all of this.

Killing the Martells was such a waste of potential, and they did it in such a lazy, Golden-Globe worthy way.

Strong womyn Dany said to meme dwarf that she would break the wheel.
Unfortunately, the wheel didn't even exist by the time she got to Westeros.
D&D did the job for her.

There's really not going to be much for her to do once she arrives beyond help kill ice zombies. The politics have become retardedly simple.

The only way I see things getting interested is if Shansa teams up with Little-guy and his CHAOSH KNIGHTSH and turns on everyone.

IDK if sweetautist is gonna do whatever littlefinger says anymore. He seems to have grown up a bit.
Littlefinger's schemes are too complex for his own good. They're probably going to end with his childhood bully Edmure beating the shit out of him.

> showfag
Jaime joined the kingsguard primarily to be with Cersei who was to be betrothed to Prince Viserys and secondly to spite his father, not because the ''glamor of being a knight''

Tywin actually loved Jaime. Tywin hated Tyrion and thought Cersei was a shit. Tyrion loved Jaime but hated Tywin and Cersei. Cersei literally only loves her kids and also Jaime or more like his cock and Jaime loves Cersei, Tywin, and Tyrion.

edmure used to bully cia?

He gave him the nickname "Littlefinger" when CIA was fostered at Riverrun.
youtube.com/watch?v=W18nggyOHfc

>He's practical and peaceful unlike his children.
If that were true he would have done the smart thing of having more kids, but he was a short sighted hypocrite.

He didn't hate his kids though, save possibly Tyrion.

>Tywin
>Peaceful
What did he mean by this?

Cersei loved Jaime because it was the nearest she could get to fucking herself. When he changed and became less like her, both physically (shaving his head, growing a beard) and mentally (growing up) she got asspained.

>Re-reading ACOK
>Theon's first chapter
>Hi dad I'm back and Robb says we can be allies and fuck shit up, the Westerlands are ripe for the taking
>I HATE STARKS I'LL TAKE STARK LANDS
He even says that "Casterly Rock is too hard to take and keep" and then immediately turns around and thinks it'll be a good idea to try and conquer the North, which is a giant barren piece of shit.

What a stupid faggot, it's almost like GRRM needed him to be completely retarded because otherwise the Lannisters would've been completely fucked.

Arryns are fine though, they have whatshisface, Harry the Heir or whatever. For some reason a lot of the other houses are completely and unrealistically tiny to the point that a few people dying means their entire line is wiped out somehow.

Alliances with mainlanders are for pussies who kneel and sow.

Not to mention this sisters constant change of heart, leaves him to die twice but then suddenly realizes she shouldn't have left him to become king cuck.

It's a necessary plot hole, but it makes no sense that there are all these "ancient" houses yet the Starks are reduced down to a single family. At least the Lannisters had that other Lannister branch, but that should have been way more common (Karstarks don't count).

The one that irritates me the most is how the Baratheons are completely gone because two of them died and Stannis is probably on the way out.

How are there not dozens of Baratheon branches and cousins in the Stormlands?

Because Tyrion was the only non-Targ, and he was a dwarf.

To be fair, the Greyjoys are retarded.

Castle Pyke is a run down shithole because muh reaving muh Cthulhu viking pride while in AFFC you see their bannermen are focused on building their industries and living in fineries like actual nobles.

Because GRRM is a retard who thinks naming every member of the Targaryen dynasty makes sense while forgetting noblemen have lots and lots of cousins. I can understand it being a bitch to name or to characterize them, but you could still mention them offhand or say what the fuck happened to these ancient powerful houses that apparently go extinct after a few people die.

>pussies who kneel and sow
What exactly have the Iron Islands been doing for the last 300 years of Westeros? We know they weren't raiding and shit during the Targaryan years. You'd think that 300 years would be enough to do away with that tradition, but no. And Balon knelt anyway, after his autistic ironbaby rebellion failed.

wouldn't you?

I didn't say he isn't autistic or that his rebellion wasn't a retarded idea

They were annoying and probably smelled bad

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out that Balon himself did in fact kneel.
And trying to gauge some idea of what's been going on in the Iron Islands since they had to stop their tradition of raiding and pillaging.

meant for