It all started with her (Liv). I woke up one morning...

>It all started with her (Liv). I woke up one morning, I realized I wasn't born beautiful but she was and I decided to make a horror movie about it.

Liev Schreiber? More like "Live Without her"

Do you think Refn browses Cred Forums?

I really like this autist.

>Your name is bean?

What do you think?

>YOU'RE NAME IS BEAN?

Posting some interesting notes I took while listening to the commentary

>This was Elle's first commentary
>Elle has the ability to not blink for a long time because she wears contacts
>The lights in the opening scene burned her contacts
>Refn says Elle also doesn't breathe
>Dean's casting had guys acting like Ryan, saying things like "Wanna take you home?" and some came in wearing scorpion jackets
>Liv did Elle's hair, she wears the same braids in her restaurant scene
>Elle felt intimidated by Bella and Abbey and says Jena has an intense but spiritual personality
>Refn didn't know Abbey was a supermodel
>Refn thinks Abbey looks like an alien
>"You know it's interesting having two Australians in the film...it was like a flip of a coin who was going to speak English." - Refn on why Bella spoke with an American accent
>Budget was tiny and lighting was a problem with limited funds
>They only had 7 weeks to shoot
>They coulnd't afford a real performer so the "Demon Dancer" was a wardrobe girl who volunteered to be tied up and Japanese bondage classes
>Lens flares were added in post
>Refn and Elle consider Neon Demon a comedy
>Agency scenes shot in the American Cement Building in downtown LA, near Echo Park where Christina had her scenes in Drive, the same background is seen from Irene's apartment
>"I would never say you're fat" is an in-joke at Refn's house now
>Motel was later selected for a reality makeover show
>First time Refn shot driving scenes with bluescreen
>Refn describes the visuals as "fantastique" and synthetic with the unrealistic colors and use of mirrors
>Elle improvised walk over LA at night
>Moon was digitally added
>Karl does a good Christopher Walken impression
>Blurry shots were accomplished using grease from the DP's forehead instead of Vaseline
>Keanu improvised most of his dialogue

what commentary?

Audio commentary, dingus

>Jack's studio is Smashbox in LA
>Ruby and Jesse's dialogue in the studio goes: "It's you!" "Hey you." "Am I too early?" "No, you're just perfect."
>Desmond Harrington has some history in the fashion world
>Elle was still 16 when the gold paint scene was shot
>Ruby was inspired by Eliana Yurowski (?)
>Refn really likes Abbey's legs
>Alessandro Nivola originally auditioned for Jack, Refn expanded the fashion designer role Sarno (named after sexploitation director Joe Sarno) that was originally written as a woman
>Refn really likes the word "infinity" pronounced in his own autistic way
>Bathroom set was constructed as the actual bathroom in the studio was too small
>Stuntman couldn't break the bathroom mirror after many attempts but Abbey did on her first try
>Refn stood in for Elle in the bathroom scene because Elle's age couldn't have her work for more than 10.5 hours
>LA premiere with Ryan's Q&A was held at the Hollywood cemetery where Ruby works
>Mortician was the real guy who works at the actual morgue
>Refn keeps calling her Jenamalone, not Jena
>"The face of the Neon Demon" is the trinagle/triforce
>Hands pushing out of wallpaper are line producer Carsten's, Refn says it symbolizes a womb with something growing inside
>"Gotta be seen" was adlibbed by Keanu
>Music from Karl vs. Keanu scene to the runway scene is actually one song
>Blue triforce is a reference to Narcissus' reflection in the water
>Elle kissing the Neon Demon was improvised
>Refn played Won't Somebody Dance with Me by Lynsey de Paul, Fade to Gray by Visage, Blue MOnday by New Order, Kraftwerk, Giorgio Moroder during the runway shoot
>"Red means death...and beauty." - Nicolas Winding Refn

>keanu probably came up with real lolita shit

Is he /our guy/?

>Restaurant scene was shot at Musso and Frank Grill, most expensive location for the movie
>Taylor Hill, who sits between Sarno and Gigi, had auditioned for the role of Jesse
>"I remember you liked my foot" - Refn liked it when Elle rotated her foot in high heels in the restaurant scene
>Elle turned 17 when the cut hand scenes in the motel were shot
>Elle had her junior prom the day before the restaurant scene was shot
>"This movie is a documentary of your (Elle's) life."
>Dean represents the "hypocrite of normality", Sarno represents the "heightened reality of obsession"
>Refn thinks Elle looks like a silent movie star, Elle says her face is timeless
>Refn played Wendy Carlos on his iPhone when Jesse falls asleep in the motel room
>Elle was inspired by a cat stretching when Jesse lies on the bed
>Keanu came in one day just to shoot the 30 second shot of him smoking and looking at Jesse's room because Refn shoots in chronological order
>Keanu's hands were shaking a lot during the knife scene
>The sound of the knife hitting Jesse's teeth were made by Refn using a knife and a wine glass
>Elle thought shooting the knife scene was "kinda fun" and she "enjoyed it"
>Hearing a rape from the next room was one of the first ideas Refn had about the film
>Mansion is Canfield-Moreno Estate aka Paramour Mansion, woman who owns it also owned the diner where the coven met earlier in the film
>Jena would throw herself off the bed when Jesse pushed Ruby out of the bed
>There was a scene where Jesse drives her car that was cut
>Only scene not shot in chronological order was the necrophilia scene
>Necrophilia scene - is Ruby fantasizing about Jesse or is Jesse fantasizing about Ruby?
>Gold room was painted for the movie
>"Are we having a party or something?" was adlibbed
>Abbey Lee actually punched Elle
>Steadicam was only used for the chase through the mansion
>Fluid that comes out of Ruby's vagoo is blood i.e. "the cycle of the triangle"

>>Elle has the ability to not blink for a long time because she wears contacts

What the fuck does wearing contacts have to do with not blinking? If anything I find myself blinking more often with contacts

is this movie any good? i'm kinda intrigued by it by now.

I'm just repeating what was said, breh

>Fluid that comes out of Ruby's vagoo is blood "the cycle of the triangle"
>Girl putting makeup on Gigi is played by Rachel who sat with Liv in the restaurant scene
>Final fashion shoot was at a Malibu house
>"Nic, you could've played (Jack's) part."
>Jack uses Refn's real camera
>Refn earlier had the idea of Gigi diving into the pool
>Refn had 25 takes for Bella to throw up
>"Look at those goddamn eyes!" Refn on Abbey
>Abbey had to eat 12 eyeballs
>"It all started with her (Liv). I woke up one morning, I realized I wasn't born beautiful but she was and I decided to make a horror movie about it."
>"The movie becomes its own perfume ad."
>Refn and Elle finally say that Neon Demon is a horror, comedy, melodrama, mystery, camp, sci-fi, glitter, vulgarity, existentialism and beauty, all because when Refn asked Elle if she was beautiful she said yes.

Just watch it, you pussy.

Refn is colourblind

SUPER BUSY

>I've only really known one woman. And I was out buying her a pair of shoes and she kept on trying the same two pairs on and I was like, "What is wrong with her? Can she not see that's the same pair of shoes?" And my wife says, "Oh my God, you're color blind!" 'Cause apparently they were two different colors.

FUCK YOU LIV

>Refn implying Australians don't speak English
Denmark bringing the bants

>Elle thought shooting the knife scene was "kinda fun" and she "enjoyed it"

What a lewd little girl

>>"I remember you liked my foot"
Based Refn

These are hilarious. Thanks for typing this up.

WTF

Watched this a week ago, where does his wife appears?

In the restaurant scene as an extra

Nicholas is aging like fine wine