ITT: Movies women will never understand

ITT: Movies women will never understand.

Even with the women characters in the film didn't understand them. You can't get any more meta.

But it's essentially just a chick flick starring guys

pretty decent though, enjoyed anne hathaway's tits and jake's ass

Every movie without a narrator

Every movie without love interest

we get it. yer gay.
get over yourself twink.
no1curr

were you born in the 90s?

yeah
I wish I knew how to quit this site

>But it's essentially just a chick flick starring guys
It's really not. For one, the romantic relationship is based on respect and friendship, something women are inherently incapable of feeling. And secondly, women haven't actually felt any sort of true oppression. The characters are forced to stay quiet about their feelings. Women are literally never quiet and literally cannot stop expressing how they feel in every situation. A woman would never understand the concept behind pride in individualism and stoicness. The Ennis character especially exemplifies the very nature of man to not be perceived as weak, to not show you care, to not show your true feelings and to resist it. It's why the movie ends with him crying, when it started with him as a quiet man who got physically confrontational when Jack tried to put on the moves. It's the most radical character arc in cinema. Jack's character development also mirrors this. He begins the movie as the talkative, bright flame. He ends it being snuffed out, solely because he expressed too much. Women will never understand that pressure. Ever. And if they're particularly stupid, they'll blame it on "toxic masculinity"

why are they such bad fathers?

10/10 post every positive argument henceforth will be a cheap rephrasing of this

I take back my original statement, well put user.

Anne is my footqueen

>And secondly, women haven't actually felt any sort of true oppression.
That is some bullshit. Women have been second class citizens for centuries. Today, the price for being a woman and talking about your feelings a lot and acting according to a feminine stereotype is that you won't be taken as seriously. That's why women in male-dominated fields or in high-ranking positions feel pressure to act like a man to get respect.

It's the same here, except the consequence of expressing your feelings is getting killed by "a tire".

Also, Ennis' stoicism is not celebrated. At the end of the movie he's a broken man, having spent most of his life alone, not engaging with anyone and reluctant to even go to his daughter's wedding. It's describing life as gay man in the american west in the 60s/70s as a hopeless, catch 22 sort of situation. Go back to /r9k/ pls.

Probably one of the few legitimately good oscarbait movies.

>That first paragraph
Lol

>That last paragraph
Never said it was celebrated, just that women wouldn't understand it.

Fuck off roastie. And if you're not a roastie you're a beta numale for actually taking that "women have never been oppressed" line seriously.

Why are you guys all half gay?

>Lol
nice argument

>you're a beta numale for actually taking that "women have never been oppressed" line seriously.
>I-I was only pretending to be retarded!

>implying that women should be taken seriously at all, ever

Because our other half is pure autism. If we could, we would be 100% gay. Or 100% Spocks.

It seems that every guy I know born in the 90's are different to guys that came before them. There's something "off" about them.

>the 90s were 30 years ago

"Toxic masculinity" is usually meant to describe the overwhelming pressure to live up to societal expectations of what a man should be. Men are considered disposable by society while women are considered intrinsically valuable due to their reproductive capabilities. Males are indoctrinated from birth to be complacent in society's enslavement of them. They're pushed to be stoic, hardy and assertive so that they'll be more suited to fighting in wars or doing hard manual labor. Females benefit from this system because they get to be selective in a male that's strongest and most likely to provide for and protect their offspring. (Most feminists like to ignore this part) Men are measured by a high standard and those that cannot live up to it or outright reject it are savagely put down by both males and females that are complicit in the system. This is partially why gender nonconforming males receive a disproportionate amount of violence and hatred compared to gender nonconforming females.

Societal expectations of masculinity can be toxic when strongly imposed on people. That's what created the situation and social climate that the movie is set in.

>A woman would never understand the concept behind pride in individualism and stoicness.
>stoically staying in the closet
>pride in individualism
lolwat

>And if they're particularly stupid, they'll blame it on "toxic masculinity"
They would be agreeing with you then, cause that's exactly what "toxic masculinity" refers to.