Eyes Wide Shut

Do we like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoZJdil0_HI
youtube.com/watch?v=Os-cHI9G2KU
youtube.com/watch?v=bq6PYA7ceKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes I love how eerie the final scene is, the daughter obviously gets kidnapped and the wife was in on it all to protect her husband.

Oops.

>movie called Eyes Wide Shut
>contridictory title

Holy shit give this user a medal.

it takes a genius director to make a dull movie about kinky sex clubs

we're on to you jews

I hope your mother dies of ovarian cancer you disgusting "we" faggot.

>Kubrick worked on the film’s script for almost 30 years and considered it to be his best work to date. His unforeseen death a few months prior to the release of the film stoked conspiracy theories that the Illuminati took him out because he simply revealed too much this time. Warner Bros went on record as having digitally altered several scenes post-production and claim that it was in order to get an R-rating, even though we’ve never seen the uncut version.

wew lad

I like parts of it. I love the score, and I like the acting from most involved.

Overall though, it's one of my least favorite Kubrick films.

Who is she looking at?

one of my favorite movies

best atmosphere ever

>Frederic Raphael, who authored the Eyes Wide Shut script for Kubrick recalled that Kubrick once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything," and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the "Eyes Wide Shut" script.

He knew too much

>look this up
>its real

Best christmas movie

>because he simply revealed too much this time

like what? rich people have parties where they wear masks and fuck prostitutes?

if that's really the worst thing they do then quite frankly i'm relieved.

The film was shot in the Rothschild mansion, it was exposing the family.

>Warner Bros went on record as having digitally altered several scenes post-production and claim that it was in order to get an R-rating
The digital alterations were silhouettes imposed over people fucking during the orgies. No changes were made to the European versions, and it seems like the US blu-ray is uncut too.

>we
Kill yourself

>The digital alterations were silhouettes imposed over people fucking during the orgies.

That's what they want you to believe.

Child rape and ritual sacrifice.

They probably removed the kids from the orgy

Great shots.

youtube.com/watch?v=CoZJdil0_HI
>OHHHHHHH, ELONGED NOODLE
What did he mean by this?

>Child rape

yeah but that wasn't in the film

It was heavily implied

not after they got through with it

it's been years since i've seen it so i must have forgotten. maybe i'll rewatch it again soon.

Retarded mod would probably delete this thread.

He was Zack Snyder of his time.

Watch the end, the daughter is given off to the 2 men waiting for her while the wife distracts Cruise. She does this so he won't die.

Hohohhohahahahaha

They fucking built that street in the studio. All those little trick are there to underline the surreal aspect of those shots.

>its an user tries to spell a long word episode

i love this one

I find it funny to believe that people actually think the movie is about secret parties when it's certainly more about Cruise chasing his own sexual fantasies outside his marriage (and what he finds is disgusting rape).

>some guy said some shit
>it must be true
>disregard the dozens of Jewish friends Kubrick at including a guy called Spielberg

>we
neck yourself

Cred Forums will bash it in case one person from Reddit does like with everything

Yeah, but has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Dr.Strangelove > Full Metal Jacket > A Clockwork Orange > 2001 > The Shining > Spartacus > Lolita > Barry Lyndon > Eyes Wide Shut

>Kubrick's bizarre relationship to his own ethnicity deeply troubled Raphael, a fellow Jew. Raphael was further puzzled over Kubrick's cryptic praise for Hitler, unable to decide if Kubrick was jesting. Raphael was equally puzzled by Kubrick's trashing of Schindler's List. After Raphael mentioned “Schindler’s List,” Kubrick replied: “Think that's about the Holocaust? That was about success, wasn't it? The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. 'Schindler's List’ is about 600 who don’t."[4] Kubrick's friend Steven Spielberg, the director of Schindler's List, disbelievingly responded that he "didn't recognize the voice of Stanley" in Raphael's interviews.[5]

He was a funny guy

>tough luck pal

>The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. 'Schindler's List’ is about 600 who don’t.

Y'know he's right.

This quote strongly implies that he considered the holocaust to be a catastrophe. It's also fucking stale to quote the same wiki passages in every thread but I guess the autism is too strong here for people to stop doing that.

>holocaust
>catastrophe

If saving Jews is a "success" than killing them would be what exactly? Can you read?

Made the mistake of watching it with my Mom because all I knew about it was that it was a Kubrick film and most of his stuff was good.

Why couldn't it be both?

this...

youtube.com/watch?v=Os-cHI9G2KU

i watched it without reading anything about it previously and i thought it'd be some family drama...when this song first started and i saw all those people waiting for poor tom i freaked out, it was really tense

It's a film about perception versus reality. The illuminati sex party is just a means to explore this theme.

Nah, he was a lazy old man

No. Kubrick only filmed in the UK after Spartacus(?). Recreating a New York street in a studio is the antithesis of laziness.

it starts with a woman getting naked in front of a pyramid

>pyramid
Stop taking geometry lessons from Rob Ager

are you a newfag? this is pure kino

One of is the story, the other is the message or theme or whatever. People arguing about the sex party stuff is a waste of time tho,

Cruise's best role
And Kidman at her hottest

So depressed we'll probably never get a director's cut.

They're both successes or both failures depending on the perspective

Should have cast Tom Selleck instead.

I've watched this scene to look out for it and have never seen it.

Does anyone have a YouTube link and a specific time point?

Just watched in the ending again

When does she get kidnapped?

k e k

>put deodorant on both pits
>only smell check one

wtf I though Kubrick was a detail freak?

It's indisputable upper level kino

Now return to reddit

what

Kubrick was a Judenrat

That shit fucked me up

how does his friend have access to those parties?

Everyone praises Cruise for him doing his stunts, but the dude also committed to shooting EWS for well over a year and said he didn't care how long it took - he's always been incredibly dedicated. And considering how hard Kubrick was fucking with him and Kidman to bring out their own insecurities, that had to be grueling to deal with for 15 months.

And yes.

I used to think this was bullshit but those two guys at the end the daughter walks toward really do look exactly like the two guys from Zeigler's party.

God I hope not. Kubrick made some great films but this one is monumentally boring.

Its either very important or essentially meaningless.
I wonder if Kubrick knew.

Kubrick spent years making an essentially pointless film to fuck with people as a swan song and then died happy soon after.

When I am feeling lazy the VERY first thing I do is go to london to build a perfect looking scale NY street

You have to go back

Its good for the mansion scene alone.
Ive listened to Masked Ball so many times after the movie.

Some super rich person probably saw Nick play and offered him the job.

What's the password?

In my top 5 desu

maybe it's both retard

>eyes wide shut
>her eyes are opened wide
>his eyes are shut

Cruise is based. There's nothing that indicates otherwise, not even his Scientology ties.

KINO
I
N
O

BRAVO KUBRICK

It was a brilliant choice of casting, imo. What better way to create a scathing critique of Western opulence than using the two biggest figureheads of modern cinema?

It's striking to me that Cruise, who worked for Sydney Pollack (in the film "The Firm," which Pollack directed) works for him within the film as a doctor. Someone whom, within the first 15 minutes of "Eyes Wide Shut" tries to bring the dead (Amanda) back to life in the same way perhaps Kubrick would use Cruise to bring life to his work.

It also interests me that Cruise recedes to his earlier works and at the final , infamous Billiard (Bill being the root word) scene with Ziegler, Kubrick seems to be alluding to Cruises role as the pool shark in Scorsese's "The Color of Money" (look at the rainbow myriad of billiard balls). But instead of having Kubrick recreate a potential climax (the sexual allegories are everywhere - note: the framing of Ziegler amongst the pool cue and two balls), we don't get the payoff. In a kind of torturous refusal for pleasure, Kubrick offers the Western audience something they're not accustomed to having: An inherent lack of pleasure.

This seems to strike home when right before we get that tantalizing sex scene, Kubrick cuts to black with only the self-censored work of Shostakovich, a man who was forced to limit his own pleasure in making music at the height of a Communist dictatorship.

By housing both Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman at the top floor of a children's store on one of the most prestigious centers of capitalism in the world ( note: Kubrick chose to shoot the final scene on Regent Street, a notoriously elite strip of shops in London), he ventures to create one of the most brilliant metaphors in relationships on film. Here are two objects of the populations desire, expressing THEIR desire, amongst the objects our children's desire which we cover to vie for our children's approval. Perhaps they are the least real props in the whole scene?

Eyes Wide shut is a Red Pill masterpiece.

When I was younger, I didn't really care for the ending. It felt kind of phony. In the past few years, it makes complete sense to me. "Dread game" is a powerful thing. Alice (Kidman) realized she was losing Bill(her ticket to an easy and comfortable life) and started acting like a loving partner again after he revealed his attempted affair and putting their family in danger.

The ending is left a little ambiguous though. On the surface, it appears that Bill's marriage with Alice may be improving but I don't think it's that simple.
I believe one of the major themes of the film is that there are often ugly truths hidden under pretty fantasies. Most people have an idealistic fantasy about love and marriage. I think Kubrick was trying to show how most relationships are born out of convenience instead of love. Alice doesn't love Bill but she stays with him because of what he can provide for her. Bill doesn't really love Alice because he doesn't even know her. He has a very idealistic idea of who she is, but that doesn't really match the reality of who she is.

Even the last few lines of dialogue hint at a darker reality. Bill says something similar to "we'll be awake(together) forever". But Alice says not to use the word "forever" because it frightens her.

I never noticed that nipple before

He tried to warn us.

youtube.com/watch?v=bq6PYA7ceKk

Listen, Cred Forums ... What you saw in this movie is just some low-brow story about sexuality and someones relationship with his wife.

It has nothing to do with any deeper meaning... that theatrical scene of masked people sexually engaging with eachother was nothing more than an allegory of their relationship.

And that stupid conspiracy about rainbows and secret societies was just a fun little gag in order to entertain you!

Is Kubrick controlled opposition?

There are child rapists and ritual sacrifices happening in your neighbour prolly right now, i don't see how it is that big of a deal. The illuminati demon worshippers magicians are just a meme.

>the way he taps the cue ball
>he was the guy in red, right?

Didn't mean to quote my question.

>There are child rapists and ritual sacrifices happening in your neighbour prolly right now
Doubt it, speak for yourself

>i don't see how it is that big of a deal
@-@

The one thing I didn't get was the Asian men fucking the costume guy's daughter.

What was the point of those scenes?

Maybe to show that pretty much everyone is a sexual degenerate .

Something about sex and power or something.

I worked as a researcher for a book about death on film which included a lot of material on satanic cults, etc and NOT ONE case of ritual sacrifice has ever been proved to be anything other than false repressed memory of plain old fiction.

anything that happens after his wife revelation is basically a cocktease for him, the ending is the climax. It's about the awakening of sexual energy.

That sounds pretty interesting.

What's the title?

After the party, his eyes are opened to corruption in society.

Initially he sees a pissed off dad trying to beat the shit out of the guys his daughter was screwing. The next day, he tries to pimp her out to Cruise for money.

Killing for Culture - Kerekes & Slater
ISBN 1-871592-20-8

Stop spaceposting.
Cred Forums post formatting is typing your post right under the post number with no space.
You, like all the other newfags who can't be bothered to assimilate by lurking are a menace to the site and I will not rest until you either assimilate or everyone knows you're a cunt.
This is the part where you think to yourself 'Gee everyone already knows i'm a cunt and user here already knows i'm a cunt for sure so maybe he'll stop'
Well you're wrong.
Gonna keep going until you hang yourself because I fucking hate people like you
You're honestly a tasteless pleb btw

Thanks user

Life goes on

Until it doesn't

No.

If I was a pro baseball player this will be my walk up song to bat

What the song meant?
It really creeped me out because I know for sure that I heard that song before when I was a kid

It's just backwards Gregorian chanting

Wink wink

What

her undisputed peak

It's a Tamil song

I thought that was just a Cred Forums meme spilling over, I guess (((they))) did kill him