>Z Nation
>Intentionally campy, silly B movie shlock zombie action series

>The Walking Dead
>Unintentionally campy, stupid B movie shlock survivor drama series

Agree or disagree? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11312883
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Znation actually gets you to like and care for the characters. Not to mention they actually get creative and shit with the zombies.

I'll choose Z Nation any day of the week over TWD

Z Nation's Season 3's first episode (actually a film) was fucking amazing.

This show has a crew that loves films and zombies, you can tell..

>Znation actually gets you to like and care for the characters
That's exactly why people watch TWD. Could you be anymore of a cookie cut faggot?

Everyone is a sociopath in TWD, why would anyone care about them?

Also how many films did they ape in E01.

>Apocalypse Now references.
>Making the entire set like Hell from Pale Rider.
>Mad Max films

I figured it was a High Plains Drifter reference
You also had, "Looks like the good and the bad are about to get ugly." and a reference to 300.
It's done well in Z Nation, while in the Walking Dead finding characters who aren't written like shit is actually surprising.

Oh I mixed up HPD and PR

It's alright, I almost typed Outlaw Josey Wales while correcting you

Silly animeposter!

Agreed.

So Zona guys are immortal humans or somethign?

so question regarding the ending of s3ep1
1. does 5k(child) is dead?
2. what happen to the girl who supposed to travel with 5k? the final scene shows her storming into the group of z's?

No reason to believe they are not dead.

Agree 100%.

I just hate that they turned 10K into a blendy

so who's the bald guy?
seems pretty van damme

just watch in the middle for s3ep1

>tfw Amazon encryption was patched so they can't parse WEB-DLs from Amazon anymore

Fuck this gay earth. The difference between iTunes and Amazon was night and day.

My parents unironically enjoy Z-Nation more than the Walking Dead and every time it's brought up, my mum will tell me about GRRM's cameo

A member of 'Zona'. Probably some sort of alien in human disguise.

The episode I still like the most are when Doc's trapped in with zombie at air duct and they're both getting stoned

and the season 1 finale that reminds me of Resident Evil

Yeah Amazon rips were really nice. I should pay for subscription to be honest if it allows me to access everything? Does it work in Europe.

I think only things marked Prime. There's some good stuff though, they seemed to have 'free' access to Mr. Robot and Halt and Catch Fire as they aired, and they keep adding to it.

I suspect the encryption will probably be broken or a workaround made at some point, as the developers of the original decryptor are continuously developing it - plus it seems different regions enforce different encryptions, as well as the more obscure/dated the content is.

>Z Nation
>S3 already
First time I see a thread about this show.

It's overshadowed by TWD.

I was literally just thinking this

Walking dead's characters aren't even consistant and its campy but takes itself really seirously

Z Nation isn't afraid to embrace the cheesiness, it has better gore and less shitty Carl stuff and shitty melodrama

I wish Warren would get dem big ol' titties out more. I remember why I masturbated to her so much on Bernie Mac when I was in middle school. One of the hottest black women.

> ITS SUPPOSE TO BE UTTER FUCKING SHIT YOU GET IT ? AHAHHA ITS """SCHLOCK"""

Really sad. Every time I poke my head into a Z Nation thread, half of it is talking about The Walking Dead. If you fucks want to convert anyone then stop the inferiority complex.

how is twd campy

so a show that isnt trying is better than a show that's trying?

the genre is inherently campy. you either embrace it or cry on reddit.

zombies themselves havent been campy for a long time user

>intentionally campy
That's why it's shit, it winks at the viewers too much. It's the Sharknado of zombies.

Only in 28 Days Later. Everything with actual zombies is chalk full of silliness and homages. It's never stopped.

user, your opinions on whats silly or not doesn't define camp. no one would describe twd as campy.

Z Nation is fucking amazing. When I watched it, I wasn't sure if it was a drama or a comedy. Then I realised it was comedy, with drama, rather than drama with comedy.

They got such a perfect balance. I've only watched a few episodes of 2 + 3, I'm waiting for Bongistan UK to get it on Netflix (only have S1).

I was a bit "ehhh" over the whole Murphy turning into a walking bruise, plus the whole zombie kid thing. Then the super zombies which resisted his powers.

It's like they went "Walking Dead is popular, lets make a new zombie film... But wait, they're doing straight. What should we do? How can we make it different?"
"Err, have it being campy, B-tier movie comedy/drama and throw in wacky shit like the protag becomes a superhero who can control zombies?"
"BRILLIANT!"
"Oh and an old man who's a druggie, an autistic kid who's a sharpshooter, a black woman who is how you should make female protags and a THICC sex pest"

Potential android

It's a show that juggles drama, comedy, thrills, horror decently. And then you have those great mid season 'film episodes', well we already had one for season opener lel

the entire episode was basically amounting to everyone that met at that place dying.
5k runs off - gets killed
Female that looked after 5k gets depressed and decides to suicide by Zees and go down swinging

Some groups they run into a hardy survivors and barely lose a person the episode they're in, some groups are barely hanging on by a string and very few if any survive the episode

Like is mentioned early on in the series, normal folks really didn't survive the zombie Apocalypse. You had to be crazy, reckless, smart, or dangerous to survive

>the entire episode was basically amounting to everyone that met at that place dying.

I was thinking of 'what a silly episode to make the main group (Warren's) look mighty and honorable' when everyone dies (in a place mimicking Hell, lel) and then Warren herself points this out after they come out of the lab. There's a Mad Max throwing the snake in the air and the crows eat it. I guess my point is that the attention to detail and 'smart' writing in this show is really good. They aren't dumb like parading the group as great heroes in the S03E01 - but they clearly state the fact that they're efforts were in vain and probably caused more suffering in the place than if they had just left.

It's a smart show that respects the viewers intelligence in fear of sounding a bit fedora tipper.

Also I love how from S2 onwards there are so many tips, nods, homages to various films and they're used creatively - and how they play around zombie tropes clearly shows love, interest towards zombies and about making a good show.

Z nation is comfy as fuck, characters are likable and even the strong womyn are great characters with charisma. It doesn't take itself too seriously and is just a lot of fun.

>Warren will never smother you with her gargantuan ass

TWD is campy as fuck

Warren steals the show. She is also sexy as fuck.

I'm surprised Z Nation doesn't get discussed more here, S2 was actually really fucking great.

Also does anyone know if that qt from the season opener will be returning?

Who is your favorite character ?

strawpoll.me/11312883

>no Red

also if you say anything other than Murphy or the old guy please kill yourself

Warren or Doc.

>Also does anyone know if that qt from the season opener will be returning?
Its doubtful but they explicitly didn't show her dying or her body so its possible

and she is tweeting shitloads about the show on her account, can't be the case if she's only in it one episode

It'll come down to Murphy, Warren, and Doc

Citizen Z and Addy both are both fun but they don't beat the top tier.

Remains to be seen about Hector and the new asian chick, the actor playing Hector is great

10k is easily the weak link though

>2009 + 7 yrs
>still watching zombieshit

I miss the eye from the opening.

rip Z.

Why the fuck hasn't she gotten naked onscreen yet

I think my dick would shatter itself

I saw one episode a few months back and it was fucking great. The one where that half zombie dude is taken hostage by that guy and has to try and escape his mansion. JD Qualls as the radio guy was also cool.

Ash vs Evil dead vs Z Nation
Choose, Cred Forums.

Yeah it was that mansion dedicated to horror film trope showcases, like Guillermo del Toro's house is.

Didn't enjoy ash vs. ed despite loving the two first films. Raimi should've shot every episode.

Znation is more fun, TWD has just dragged on and on like some kind of meta joke about zombies.

>implying intentional camp is better than unintentional camp.
You fucking sharknado megashark vs giant octopus faggot.

>Hating on Sharknado and Peter Benchleys The Beast
I present to you the next big Asylum movie, Attack of the 5 foot faggot

I'd been ignoring this show because Syfy, but after watching The Expanse and Dark Matter recently I see they're capable of making decent stuff again so maybe I'll check it out. Took those faggots long enough.

well, i just really like zombie-flics. always did. that said i think twd often is unintentional comical because of its bad writing, cast and source material, whereas zn just wants to be a campy zfest/fanservice, while getting a very commendable result despite being terribly low budget. I like znation more but i watch both. Fear TWD on the other hand broke me, can't watch that shit. I will maybe pick it up again when that faggot chris finally dies.

The funny shit to me is the purposely ment to be campy show has done the guns and such semi-realistically from day 1 while TWD is still plagued by shit like Hershel and his unlimited ammo shotgun

How does low budget make these things, beautiful and fascinating

best character

you mean the walking pleb right?
>inb4 m-muh memes
wtf, what happen during the season finale of s2, le soldier and even mexican in beach

The episode showing Doc on day 0 of the infection in his offiec was good

his out of body experience showing the hidden knife on the bookcase was a top kek.

do they even explain what happen between the season finale of s2 and s3 opening episode ?
what happen to hector, the guy that playing tacos in sons of anarchy, and when the hell murphy gotten his daughter back?

Hector is with the group.
The girl will probably be seen later. Which reminds me. Is she technically a blend or a zombie?

really, cause when the i saw s3ep1, only doc, abbie, murphy, asian zombie girl (cassandra), 10k, murphy's daughter and warren is the only character from s2 finale to be actually alive

also what is zona? safe haven for the rich?

The two parter was a flashback and a set up for one the new antagonist who is working for Zona.
No one knows yet but something like that are what most people are assuming.

>This is a Z Nation flashback movie

then will they explain the missing member team, hector, scorpion?

Who knows. In media res is a thing so they might just say he died in some episode.

>My meme reference show is better than your shitty meme bad character show
I will promptly avoid them both

Z Nation's actually a good show, but I can see how cinematically illiterate people wouldn't notice it.

Except this whole thread says it's 'campy nonsense'. Or at least it's okay when znation does it because muh purposeful camp

Yeah bro, you judge the show based on what you read about it instead of watching it like a true Cred Forumsedditor. It's not really campy, that's misuse of the word campy fwiw.

Bro you've gone and assumed that my summarization of the threads' opinion on two shitty shows determines if I've watched it or not. Bad call.

I thought the walking dead was terrible before it was cool to hate the walking dead. I hated every character on the show besides the ones played by Norman Reedus and Jon Bernthal. There's something really wrong with the character writing when you find the villain more likeable than everyone else. I stopped watching after Bernthal's character died.

>you will never be part of the gang
;_;

>see a thread talking about some Murphy
>think that maybe someone else watches znation on Cred Forums and wants to discuss it
>it's a narcos thread

>next thread
>znation thread

Z-Nation is a fun show that doesn't take itself seriously at all and definitely relishes in that fact. The production crew is somehow more experienced and capable than the TWD crew. I watch Z-Nation because a lot of the episodes are full of laughs and interesting concept, like the episode where the guy and his girlfriend are stuck in some kind of nightmare dream loop, or the episode with the overgrown zombified green house. Way better than the zombie in the water well on TWD.

It's made by the same production company that made Sharknado, thought that was common knowledge. Theres a zombie tornado super storm for fucksake

>gargantuan ass
>mammoth titties
>bad mama jama attitude
>she will never ride you into submission with hands clamped over each others mouth because theres zombies shuffling around on the other side of the wal

>mfw Marcus Alvarez shows up in my zombie apocalypse show

>Lori dies like a retard in the car wreck
>Judith dies with her
>this makes Rick and Shane wake the fuck up, Rick especially, who realizes he really does need Shane
>they fuck shit up from here on out
>scout out and assassinate the Governor before it's a problem
>Shane and Andrea hang back while the group goes in to Terminus and when SHTF they coordinate crossfire and pick off the Terminites

just imagine what could have been. I watch Z-Nation because I can't wait to see what they do next. I'm only watching TWD at this point because Negan, which is already off on a bad foot, and because I've already seen so much. Dropped FTWD like a bad habbit after the 1st episode of season 2