Been neet for past 3 years

>been neet for past 3 years
>finally get a job working within the family business
>tfw im not ready to let go of the neet life style just yet
>feel like I want to smoke weed, play tf2, and shit post on Cred Forums for just a little bit longer before my days are filled with meaning and purpose

what are some films that can help me let go of the NEET life style and embrace the adult working world?

>neet for past 3 years
>only now start working for family business
Did your family forget you exist or something?

i didnt have a very good relationship with my dad and we talked things through and are working on bonding now.

>NEET for 6 years
>tfw family doesn't own a business

>decide to take a year off after high school before going to college
>do nothing useful
>become extremely depressed
>go to college with depression and no motivation to do anything
>end up dropping out
>drift for two more years
>just now finishing my bachelor's during my second try

That year off probably wasn't such a good idea

>NEET for 5 years aside from fucking around on a couple of community college courses
>Have been working food service for the past year and a half
>Finally decide I'm either gonna go back to school or kill myself directly or through my alcoholism

life aint fun

>tfw can't call yourself a NEET anymore because technically you study now
>but it's only 3-days a week and you're still living the NEET lifestyle
at least I've made a friend who gives me lifts, but she is already basically aware of my powerlevel and always tells me i should start doing stuff

Somehow it seems only autistic people get that lucky. It's not fair.

The unemployed community college guys in their 20s always look extremely pathetic. Our teacher would always razz him about reading comic books and living with mommy.

I mean you're in school so what's the problem? She's probably right though. You have a ton of free time you're probably not taking advantage of. By the time you graduate, if you aren't going straight to the workforce that free time will just become depressing.

I haven't spoke to my dad in 7 years.

>it's a "Truman doesn't want to join the workforce again and doesn't see the point in life and will probably try to OD or suicide by cop" episode
>it's a "Truman tried to join the US Military, but got rejected because the military is full pozz" episode
>it's a "Truman tried to join the FFL, but it's even more pozzed" episode
>it's a "Truman contemplates moving to Sweden and exterminating the somalis" episode

>decide to take a year off after high school before going to college
>find out what my interests are instead of letting academics dictate where my life will end up
>end up meeting new people and making connections that gave me options
>go to college with a positive outlook
>take an extra year to graduate since I'm having such a great time
>set for work because of all the different people I met

That year off was a great idea

>finish Highschool in 2008
>did nothing since then besides an internship here and there
>all I did in these years was shitposting, getting high or drunk, playing videogames and watching movies
>no skill in anything
>too stupid to get back into education
>no will to learn anything anymore
>had a few friends but lost them over the years
>don't even want a gf anymore because its too much of a hassle and I have nothing to offer anyway

damn I really fucked up

she's completely right, my free-time is already depressing and it's why I started studying in the first place. and she's like a super-normie who is busy every day. she's nice about it though, the other day she said she feels like she needs to adopt me to teach me how to live lol

this is like me except i finished in 2010 and didn't do anything at all until this year

I thought about what I could do but really there isn't much.
I don't know shit and couldn't even get an apprenticeship as a plumber.

applied at a school to get back into education but they just said "nope we're full".
The job center wanted to send me to a very low paid job but I was only there for like a week until they told me to get out of there because I was fucking up so much.

So after I got rejected a billion times by schools, by companys, by girls I just stopped trying.
Like why even bother when you already know you're shit and what the outcome
Will be.

DELETE THIS

I really hate that I have to live this life. You should be able to tell a doctor you want to die and arrange to get put down peacefully. I'm happy to be harvested for people who want to live.

yeah that sounds pretty crushing. I haven't been looking or applying for stuff all these years. literally never applied for a job, so I haven't had to face much rejection. this is essentially my first attempt at tertiary education and it's going well so far. it has also provided me with my first income which is neat

How easy is it to be NEET in like Sweden or wherever? Does the government give you enough to afford an apartment, internet, and booze? Do you have to check in with a job center every six months or something?

>tfw escaped the NEET lifestyle a few months ago by getting a nice office job

It's actually fun and I hate myself significantly less.

I had like 2 job interviews where I bothered to show up. I was laughed out the door everytime and the guy who did the interview just asked me awkward questions until I just got up and walked away.
I send out my CV and stuff and I always get rejections in return, I show the job center that I try and even they gave up after a while, they still force me to try but they know it leads nowhere.

It kinda sucks to know that you won't ever be able to live on your own but on the other side I don't even want a job anymore, I can't deal with the stress or coworkers and I can't learn anything anymore.
Shit is fucked way beyond repair m8.

You can be glad that you made it out of the hole, you're like batman with the broken spine who climbs out this cave

that sounds awful m8. I'm not out of the hole yet tho. I still live at home, my student allowance is nowhere near enough to live off of, and im nowhere near ready for a job, no license, no friends, etc. But yeah I'm getting there, learning to catch buses and trains and even talk to people a bit

i still feel like i could crash and burn p easily tho. that's always there. good luck

>tfw NEET for over 10 years
Shack up with fat gf with good job to leech off of
pays for my car, all bills, even 420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT
bang tinder sluts while she's at work because not an ugly fag

Enjoy being a wage slave while I bang your girl while you're at work faggot

lmao wtf

Are you fucking retarded? 2016-1190 = 26, not fucking 67...ffs

I really hope this is true. Good for you user.

kill yourself newfag

Yea and I think I already crashed and burned m8.
Its too late now and all I can do is roll over and die.

One day your fat gf is gonna find out

she's gonna wanna eat those creampies

>be NEET for a while
>somehow manage to get some soulcrushing job and it's pretty far away
>hate everything about it
>leave early a lot without saying anything
>get fired

the arms of NEETdom have welcomed me back

>qualified for in-demand trade
>don't want to do it anymore
>spend days at work trying to figure out how to get back to the NEET life
>tfw know that even if i do, i'll be forced back into another job within a week

we're one in the same
i simply exist
let us wallow and suffer together
its all we're good at anyway

iktf bro. Ive been out of the adult loop for too long.
Cant be fucked dealing with responsibilities and shit.
I think the only kind of work i can cope with is being a cleaner in some giant empty office block. Listening to podcasts all day.

Mama's boy with John heder

anyone else terrified of the finality of getting a job? as in a typical 40 hour 9-5 or equivalent. the idea of that just being what i do from now on until ??? is fucking scary. i imagine turning into one of those people who have nothing to look forward to except a couple holidays sprinkled in where they just watch tv or drink or something because they're too tired or too mentally neutered from their job to do anything else.

i feel like contract work would be more appealing to me. does anyone here have any experience with that?

Up in the Air
The Weather Man

Strange how many young men don't manage to find a place in society.

I wonder what the fuck I was born for, the most meaningfull thing I did was posting here and watching movies.

What are your plans for the future?
I think I will kill myself once parents are gone or when I have to go homeless.

I don't even think I would be cappable to do this, I have no motivation and sometimes have just to zone out in order to function barely.

I did cleaning for like half a week and they constantly complained I wasn't doing it right.

I was a NEET for 4 years after high school and I started working at my local movie theatre in May. Slowly getting used to being normal.

Everyone is afraid of a life like that, but it's inevitable and time will dull the pain. We'll all soon become cogs in the grand machine.

Yes, after neet life a 9-5 job sounds like pure lunacy to me.
I cannot possibly justify the independence, higher social status, potential gf, more goods when so much of my time is going to be spent miserable.
Its a shitty trade-off.

You guys don't know real depression until you hit your mid 30's and are still posting here in the middle of the night.

>worked at call center for redbox from 2012-2013
>answering phonecalls from people that are having problems with the machine or their movies
>usually it's niggers and southern American inbred trash that call the place seeing is how they're the dumbest people on the planet and thus have the most issues with using redbox
>whenever they would talk rudely to me on the phone or talk down to me I'd tell them I'm going to put them on hold to get the manager
>I'd put them on hold for 5 minutes and id literally just browse my phone
>then I'd disconnect the call and let them call back so someone else can deal with it
>did this for 6 months
>finally one of the supervisors realized how many calls I've hung up on (all the call logs are saved and recorded for review)
>she calls me to her desk and gives me a heap of shit, says if I ever get a complaint or anything filed against me I will be fired
>mfw the next day I told her I quit and walked out

Been NEET ever since.

Are you me? Because that's my life in a nutshell.
I can't seem to enjoy myself anymore. The only thing that'll make me feel like I still have purpose is if I had any friends to hang out with. The only way to make friends around here is at college and even then they all suck.

Community college has some ripe strange

>after highschool and technician school work at a big company
>after 8years dream girl comes around at the work place
>she just used me as a dummy to revenge on his abusive bf
>working next to her for 4 years
>she tells everyone I'm a creep
>work place friendships fade
>she manages to get me fired
>new companies won't hire me bc they imply i can't do teamwork (maybe they got false info from previous company or just because I look depressed and desperate)
>feeling like the guy in Oldboy, living in room, going out only if it's a must... 2weeks
>no ducking motivation to live.

>they constantly complained I wasn't doing it right.

What a nightmare. I get terrified by my incompetence with IT. Facing the same scrutiny in cleaning would kill me.

Still think there is a dreamjob where im cleaning by myself and theres noone around to judge. Has to be one for a poor old neet.

Share with us more user.

Are you married?
Got a girlfriend?
Got a job?

No, no, yes. A couple shitty part time jobs with irregular hours and no benefits, just enough to survive and fuel my pill addiction.

I hate driving. I suck at driving, so if I can't get a job within a 4 minute drive, fuck it.

What do you do when you're not working and you're not on Cred Forums?

>i imagine turning into one of those people who have nothing to look forward to except a couple holidays sprinkled in where they just watch tv or drink or something because they're too tired or too mentally neutered from their job to do anything else.
That's all I enjoy as a NEET. Drinking once a week and watching new TV. I've kinda gotten into vidya again but eh.

It was horrible, they would talk down to me like to a retard and I didn't even get the most basic respect.
Just got treated like trash by trash people who lash out their anger on somebody who has it worse.

My friends all went to uni and now work 9 to 5 jobs, they all left the city and are now somewhere else.
I tried getting a gf in the past but it never worked out.
Funny, i'm a 26yo NEET and a touchless virgin.
Does it get more fucked up than that?

Some what what?

Falling down

My man, there are people browsing these boards that are 10 years older than you and have accomplished less. You'll be able to turn shit around. I promise

easily worst person in the thread

same here. imagine having to drive for like 45 mins on really busy roads/interstate twice a day, having huge trucks almost kill you daily because the on-ramp isnt long enough, and becoming one of those people who complains about traffic. i'm sure that's not a long commute for some people, pure torture for me though.

i'm glad i got fired

is that Henry?

Well I'm in a band. I guess keeps me distracted enough from bettering my career or meeting somebody, which is probably what most of us fear anyways.

Any Australians in this thread on disability allowance?

Yea and in 10 years I will still be here if not dead, sitting in the same postion making the same posts where I talk about my shitty life.

I wish. I'm on Youth, which is just $144 a week. Although this fortnight they threw me an extra $100 for no reason

Hey at least you got 10 years

Go get fit. That will boost confidence like none other

>being born in successful country with human rights
>not being successful himself
You are fucking pathetic.

>be NEET
>job agency gets me a job
>tells me i start tomorrow
>ask where it is
>an hour and a half drive away

Be glad it's not 2-3 hours, you fucking cunts.

How?
I have no money for a gym and no idea about eating right, right now I struggle to eat 1000+ cal a day.

I'm weak, my body is weak, my mind is weak and I have no motivation and no will.

Even if I somehow turned things around I don't feel like it would hold any meaning to me, I already gave up

some people just don't have it in them

>before my days are filled with meaning and purpose

yes. Drone work IS meaningful and has purpose! Believe that.

I left my job a few months ago. I'm barely functioning just wish I was dead all the time. I don't know what to do. Do I go to the doctor or centrelink? I have no one to ask for help.

>Cred Forums
>NEETs giving NEETs advice

If you're a NEET you deserve a shot in the neck.

>was a proto-neet
>only working because it was family business and easy
>constantly butt heads with dad and get let go
>tfw evolved into a complete neet

laying in bed playing xbox or using pc is getting really boring

Do you live in the complete sticks? No way they can't find you some shitty data entry position that's not a 3 hour commute.

What doest even "neet" mean?

surely there's some limit to the commute they can offer? idk shit about job help agencies, the infrastructure around here is so bad i'd be surprised if some service like that existed

it's a sound like beep

If possible user, the best way I try to keep myself sane is going for a walk around my neighborhood. Helps my thinking process and it's nice to get some fresh air after being cooped up inside the house. Night time is the chillest time to walk. Though I'm lucky to live in a good neighborhood.

>"a young person who is no longer in the education system and who is not working or being trained for work"

However, nowadays NEET is more of a mentality.