Opinions on these films?

Opinions on these films?

I've read the books and watched the three hour extended swedish version of the first one.

How is the American version? I kinda want to see Daniel Craig being something other than James Bond. He certainly can pull off Blomkvist's womanizing though.

Other urls found in this thread:

3.bp.blogspot.com/-TZepabtp4ZM/VjZCuTl-m9I/AAAAAAAABos/awHw9c0-X1k/s640/Noomi+Rapace+Nude+tits+Pics.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The American version is very good.
I need to see your pic related though.

I read the books and watched the swedish trilogy before the american one was even announced. But I like the American one much better.

good to hear, I hope they get to do the sequels because I would say they are better with Played with Fire as the best and Kicked the Hornet's Nest rides very well coming directly off the intense ending of Fire, being really good until they send the suicide assassin after Zala and then the villains sit on their hands for the rest of the book before they realize they lost, try one last desperate move and then it's over. Plus the author died unexpectedly and I suspect the third manuscript got the least editing and it was never meant to be a trilogy so the book keeps going after the climax for a while doing nothing really besides one action scene which is cool I guess but I could have lived without really and then it just ends.

The movie sequels are not good. Dragon Tattoo is the best swedish one, and Fincher's version is way superior to even that.

How did they fuck it up? Swedish film Zala did look pretty lame in the flashback at the end of tattoo I admit.

They have the better plot and action to work with, most of tattoo is researching while fire and hornets nest have active crimes and police searches and conspiracies, how did they fuck that up?

It's been a while since I saw them, but one of them (the second?) is mostly courtroom scenes which are just tedious, especially as I don't think Rapace is a very good actor. The other is just silly with this hitman who can't be killed, gets almost campy at times.

I haven't read the books though, so you might get more out of the movies than me.

the invincible hitman was in the books, the courtroom should be the third one

Did they keep in the boxing rescue scene? I imagine that would be pretty campy to actually watch but it was written well in my opinion (english translation guy did a good job anyway)

This. The sequels are fucking awful, not worth watching. Both versions of Dragon Tat are good though, Fincher is a better director though and it shows.

American version has rooney tooney. So that makes it automatically better.

Her sister Kate is pretty hot

does she do any nudes with craig?

Swedish version is garbage in my opinion. That guy playing Michael was awful and didn't fit the character at all, can't tell a good opinion about Noomi too. Loved the american version though, the only problem I have with it is that they changed the ending which I did not liked. Still, books > us movie > swedish

>tfw there will be no second movie

When reading I always pictured Blomkvist like Clive Own or an older Karl urban

I couldn't understand how anyone could prefer Fincher's version i really can't. It's so fucking shit

Think they'd have to combine the 2nd and 3rd for an American sequel or completely change and alter the 3rd for it to work in American theaters. The 3rd movie was good but, it has a real straight to DVD vibe about it and just wouldn't work well

12 posts until the meme hustlers arrived.

Pretty good for a TGWTDT thread.

The Swedish one is shot like a TV movie. All this pretty lighting and atmosphere on a film that's shot like a mediocre Law & Order episode, all of that airless, flat framing.

Also Craig and Mara are leagues better then Rapace and Nyqvist.

Look, i saw both films in the theater and Fincher somehow managed to iron out any kind of texture from every character's personality. What he did with the relationship between Blomkvist and Lisbeth was trite as fuck, having her fall in love with him like a stupid puppy was legitimately cringe inducing. Her psychiatric officer (rapist) was cartoonishly disgusting and vile in Fincher's version which lessened the impact of all the rape scenes, on top of the fact they were just undercooked, period. And Fincher axed all conclusive dialogue after the murderer crashed at the end by having his vehicle explode, entirely removing what that scene said about her character, letting him die. Besides, the gay as fuck james bond intro was so SO cheesy and impertinent it had me rolling my eyes 5 minutes in.

It's a shame because i really like Fincher, too. There wasn't any point in him adapting this specific material when it had been done so well already and it just made his version look shit by comparison

Both versions are good, but there is something about the Swedish version that is a little better and more re-watchable to me. The Swedish sequels are not very strong, but entertaining and watchable.

>tfw you will never be pegged by Noomi Rapace

>Robin Wright as Berger

perfect casting, the Swedish version was decently performed but much uglier than she was described

The Swedish version is more comfy and original but, I can see how people would like english version if that's the 1 they saw first

2nd and 3rd are straight up bad. If we compare the firsts I prefer Fincher. Fincher makes it more interesting and movie like. You cant even compare cinematography. Scripts are on the same level. Both Noomi and Rooni are great, Craig beats Nyqvist, Haber trumps Skarsgard. Storywise I think Finchers a bit better , I just dont like the no involvement of Lisbeth in Martins death. In the book she kills him, swedish can save him but doesnt and in the us she just sees him in the distance with a gun, idk why

Nah Rooney is better because she is autistic just like Lisbeth and me

perdonally I just don't find Lisbeth that interesting a character, at least not enough to carry two movies by herself. The first one just had a plotline that happened to involve her but it wasn't all about her.
Also it's been years since I watched them, but weren't basically the swedish illuminati after her in the sequels? Why would they even give a shit?

Yeah, it may just come down to which one you see first. I saw the Swedish version 3 or 4 times before the Fincher version. I flat out like the Swedish performances better, too, to be honest. The American performances just feel largely like a caricature of what was already done in the Swedish films.

Movies must not have explained it well or you forgot but they were after her because her father was a defecting soviet GRU agent and they harbored him and let him do a lot of evil and illegal shit while they covered it up and got info on the ruskies from him and she could expose them

Books >>>> swedish extended > fincher
for me. That is because the swedish one have the full trilogy. Finchers version is superior in production and atmosphere (great soundtrack).
It sucks that Larsson died before finishing the whole tale. Anyone read The Girl in the Spider's Web? Is it any worth it?

I've fapped to this rape scene probably like 40 times since the film came out.

The film is ok though. The rape scene is god tier.

I think its good that he died/stopped. He planned 10 fucking books, that would be a telenovel tier. Spiders web is weak, men who hate women was all around good, both 2nd and 3rd books had great pace from the half of the book. Only thing I found interesting in spiders web was some AI talk

I think the american was better.

Swedish had no tits, shit tier

>Rooney

Rooney's tits aren't big or anything but they're far better than Noomi Repace

3.bp.blogspot.com/-TZepabtp4ZM/VjZCuTl-m9I/AAAAAAAABos/awHw9c0-X1k/s640/Noomi+Rapace+Nude+tits+Pics.jpg

overhyped trash

You're fucked in the head m8.

I never imagined blomkvist as the handsome action hero, nyqvist always felt more right visually. Seing the standard handsome actionhero nr. 23 Craig in the role coupled with having watched a lot of inferior american remakes of european movies really put me off from watching the remakes. Are they really that good and worth watching?

The Fincher version is terrible. It shows Fincher lacks the talent to direct actors, and direct the audience through a story. He seems more obsessed with creating DURR ATMOSPHERE MUCH SUSPENSE with Reznor's ill-fitting soundtrack and the drab visual elements, rather than naturally building suspense and tension through character and situation.

Fincher seems to not get how to tell a story, and manages to reveal all the wrong details at all the wrong moments, effectively destroying any mystery or suspense to the story. It's not just the suspense, there is barely any character development at all, a totally forgettable setting combined with a far too linear, and familiar plot that ultimately culminates in an inescapable conclusion.

It's as if Fincher managed to fuck up every creative decision he was given. Truly the sign of a talentless hack.

The thing is, the books are trashy, the original Swedish films while better than the American one, is also pretty trashy, but is saved by Noomi's performance. You have to realize you're essentially talking about an adaptation of what basically is at the level of Harry Potter in terms of literary quality.

I'm guessing all the praise this film gets on here is from fincher-apologists, kids who have not gotten passed their edgy fight club phase and are still mired in the man's tasteless and mediocre filmography.

Holy shit, they are nasty.

Noomi looked very good in the first movie, hairy pits, tiny floppy pancake titties, all muscular and sweaty, and with acne, pretty much perfect.

Too bad Holywood ruined her later on, she was a great little alternative whore.