Why is videogame much powerful than book or movie?

why is videogame much powerful than book or movie?

Ludonarrative cognition

Because you're a teenager.

Is that image supposed to show that video games are just edgy ramblings?

This copypasta cracks me up everytime. I love how the Spec Ops picture has an 18 on the corner to make the Cred Forumsirgins feel like they're more grown up for playing it.

I hate this image so much.

Plebian effect

Superior HoD vidya coming through

Could've done with learning what the plural of "medium" is.

+1
Would be Kino.

>implying
The only kino vydia is Dwarf Fortress.

The guy who does those comics is a fucking Tom Preston-tier dipshit.

Winston Rowntree is a myopic idiot , Spec Ops: the Line sucked dick, and vidya hasn't really had many serious attempts by interesting or intelligent people to have comparable narrative heft to established great works in mediums. I partially blame the entertainment atmosphere that the medium was born into, and no inherent shortcoming of the medium itself

It's really obvious the artist never read Heart of Darkness. I enjoyed Spec Ops but this is just embarressing

>the only way to progress in this video game is to kill civilians
>WHAT THE FUCK YOU KIULLED THESE FICTIONAL CIVILIANS YTOU PIECE OFSHIT MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deep stuff

Im honestly surprised majority of people didn't see that twist coming.

Seriously the game got so fucking pushy out of nowhere to BURN THEM ALL and when you see them on the heat vision or whatever they even move and look like civilians.

You mean ludonarrative dissonance, right?

Because the game is full of it.
The narrative acts like you're a monster who has done all those terrible choices, but the game itself is so heavily scripted that you're forced to do these terrible things.
If you look for alternatives as a player, you quickly find that there are none.

Then there also the dumb twist, where you imagined shit like having to execute one of the hanging guys or snipers will kill you. Which does not fit the gameplay at all - since those snipers will really kill you and will give you a game over.

The artist hasn't read jack shit, he's some moron kike liberal with a teen mentality and intelligence level.

The kind of moronic dipshit who would quote The Raven to sound smart without actually having read it ever.

DUDE YOU WERE CRAZY THE WHOLE TIME LMAO

spec ops is a bad example.

Although The Last of Us is the Citizen Kane of videogames

Who made that comic?

You should blame the japanese industry who held back the medium for decades and influed entire generations to become toys makers instead of actual videogames artists.

>people seriously discussing video games
I hate this fucking board.

>never read
It's no surprise that he ends up being a contributor on cracked.com, since that's how that site often functions. "myopic" certain describes their admin well too.

Not really. From a game design point of view it's even worse. It's a usual AAA made by a female scriptwriter who failed at Hollywood and an army of developers obeying her and making the gameplay as bland as possible.

Not many at all, but thats because they have to balance gameplay with narrative.

Braid
Hard Rain (shit gamepay but hey, they pushed the envelope)
Planescape Torment
Bioshock 1
Shadow of the colossus
Portal
Escape from monkey island
All of the Call of Duty games
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

The list goes on

That's the point. The only winning move was not to do what you are told. It's a metaphor for serving the ZOG in modern society: if you do what you are supposed to do you will inevitably committ evil.

Think different.

That's the best list to convince someone videogames is a fucking awful medium.

>The only winning move was not to do what you are told.
Which the game does not let you do.

is it now?

How so?

For example how was narrative poorly balanced with gameplay in Bioshock 1?

Completely agree. I SHOULD like the twist, but it fell flat and I saw it coming a mile away. It's not like you're given a choice not to do it, either

Planescape: Torment is a brilliant game, my friend. Everything Chris Avellone touches becomes gold.

And that would work wonderfully if the player had even the illusion of choice. You HAVE to do those things because there is no alternative other than not playing the game. "So don't play the game" is not a valid point given that the message requires you to play it.
"We made you do bad things, you thought you were the hero lol" may seem like a real clever twist to anybody that is fucking mindless, but given the delivery, it's definitely just tacked on.

Yeah, after all your teammates bitching I spend like a half hour looking for another way.
But it's all invisible walls and infinitely respawning enemies.