A Halo movie franchise could've been this generation's Star Wars if done right. Don't believe me...

A Halo movie franchise could've been this generation's Star Wars if done right. Don't believe me? watch these and then you'll see what i'm talking about.

youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY

youtube.com/watch?v=PRhg1_BWHwM

youtube.com/watch?v=yMMDlxYX6WQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9z36WDj2PcU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pure, undiluted, reddit

>A Warcraft movie franchise could've been this generation's Lord of the Rings if done right
Then I post the WoW intro cinematics, then you say
>if done right
and I say that the point is it wouldn't be done right and a short promotional video is evidence of shit

>reddit meme

The classic Cred Forums ad hominem

but LOTR is already this generations LOTR, 30 years is what separates a generation from each other

Socially maybe, but not in terms of film

this

warcraft movie was made to cash in on dying WoW

Was really looking forward to this final battle in the game, got a shit version of Halo 1's warthog ending instead.

"If they came here to see a faithful Halo adaptation,they will be disappointed."

you missed the best one youtube.com/watch?v=9z36WDj2PcU

The WoW movie flop will forever hurt my soul.

shame that no studio wanted to finance blomkamp and jackson's halo movie, they missed the halo hype train and now its gone forever

Why this shit never happened is beyond me. I guess we got District 9 though which was pretty good.

>ywn be as hype as you were when you saw this trailer for the first time
One of the worst feels

The LA Halo short movie about the military academy was shit but the ODST trailer was ultra kino

Why did he run from the explosion if he wasn't going to survive anyway in the third video?

>tfw you born too early to fight for humanity in a intergalactic war

>born too early to travel the galaxy fucking hot ayys

Could've been this generations Full Metal Jacket and Starship Troopers rolled into one. There won't be another IP that could've pulled it off.

It could have been great but no Star Wars. Another hit like Star Wars will probably never happen again.

Star Wars is so good because it speaks to people with it's heroes journey bullshit and it's fake spiritualism in ways that just don't fit in the Halo universe or worse yet the latter really ruins it with all the Master Chief was heralded by the ancients bullshit.

That said the Halo movie got canned and made into District 9 which was pretty fucking sweet.

I think we'll see a Halo movie in 10 years or so when 90s kids are even more a focus of the Nostalgia market. Afterall Nostalgia sales of Pokemon are at their height now when 90s kids were 8 or so. A few years and that same sweet spot will be Halo.

because he still wanted to live if there was any slim chance. if he just gives up then he's definitely fucked but who knows, maybe something saves him if he tries bailing out.

Matrix should've been "this generation's star wars" but they fucked it up with the sequels.

>fake spiritualism in ways that just don't fit in the Halo universe or worse yet the latter really ruins it with all the Master Chief was heralded by the ancients bullshit.

To be honest the deepest of Halo lore has been revealed as an almost Lovecraftian horror story where the gods of the universe are on a campaign to make all life suffer for their amusement.

So there could be something interesting in that.

>See Ridley Scott in the list of names making a Halo live-action series
>be hyped, figure he's perfect for something like Halo
>that series becomes Nightfall
>is the most boring mediocre wasted-potential thing I've ever attempted to force myself to sit through
>quit on episode 3

Learned a valuable lesson then, to never judge a work just because someone's high profile name was slapped on the cover.

Addendum: Look at this shitty cover. They didn't even bother with the photoshop.

Halo is the best scifi story. It blows away star wars or aliens, but the entire franchise has been fucked over by microsoft through mismanagement and greed. That goes not only for the game but the entire franchise. It's really a mess at this point.

>post yfw you will never see the Neill Blomkamp/Peter Jackson Halo movie. That gritty District 9/Elysium feel but with the money and scope of Lord of the Rings.

I mean, at least we got District 9 out of it but I'll always be a little sad that they cancelled that film and we've got nothing but straight to DVD trash since.