How did an Asian Chinese immigrant from Australia become the most powerful director in Hollywood today?

How did an Asian Chinese immigrant from Australia become the most powerful director in Hollywood today?

His horror movies cost nothing to make and Conjuring 2 made over $400M worldwide. Fast and Furious 7 took in over $1.5B at the box office.

It is amazing to see his success

is he 5'2?

Height fags btfo

Horror movies are a sweet scam. You just need a good idea.

He's making Aquaman too

It kinda helps when you are a multi-millionare cause you can stuff your shoes with money to make you look taller.

Anglo bogans BTFO

do Aussies consider James Wan as one of their 'own' like they do to others like Chris Hemsworth?

Because America is great.

RICED

He has a 15 inch dick.

His yellow submarine.

I'd say we would if he was more prone to publicity and making himself famous instead of just making a shitload of money and staying moderately anonymous.
Unless I'm missing something I've never really heard much about him outside of his work.

He's like our pet helper monkey

I could see the media talking about him like that, couldn't see the everyday man being so pretentious.

Wan is a solid, though uninspired, director

Literally JJ Abrams without the Jewish Connections
I don't know if he has the creativity to do a really "great" film though. I still can't wait for AquaWan though if he gets to go with the lovecraft theme

I never knew he was Australian til this thread desu

stay butthurt cuck

How nice of you to keep it short, manlet.

Well the conjuring was one of the best horror films in recent years and all his others have been inventive and fun, even if worse. He just has a good understanding of tension, audience focus and scares - even if he cannot design a scary creature to save his life.

she looks like Emily Ratajaski or however you spell it.

>Non-Anglos
>Australian

Pick one

Australians are a bunch of abbos and chinks. Not white.

Of course. Australia is Chinese colony now.

is james /ourguy/?

damn, he is our guy. everybody knows that Constantine is the best capeshit movie.

Talent. I mean he's not amazing but he's obviously a gifted director. A decent horror film is rare these days but he manages to pull them off (note 'decent')

daily reminder that filipinos are the MOST POWERFUL RACE IN THE WORLD

Dammit, Jeb, you cannot be this pathetic

Whoa jeb is archetype beta male, no wonder trump destroyed him