Is this the most patrician detective show?

Is this the most patrician detective show?

It's very comfy.

i am better zan ze police

Congratulations you've discovered the secret plot to every detective story and TV show ever made, including the ones where the detective is actually part of the police.

ehkyool pwahwoh

>tfw you realized Poirot was a serial killer who travelled around country houses murdering people then immaculately framing someone to the point where they're convinced they did it
Miss Marple too

>super comfy

Post WW1 Europe is the goat setting for everything.

Prefer Colombo desu.

Meh, they're okay at it, but they're not Jessica Fletcher-tier.

my dad always calls the kettle the "hercule" but he does it like hes choking to death. its a poirot refefrence but I don't see what it has to do with kettles. ty4listening

I'd go for the Edwardian era, its pretty much the last happy breath of a now long dead world.

>dat retarded nostalgia for a world that never existed outside contrived sentimentality
grow the fuck up

>grow the fuck up
No, and the 1920s suffer from the same nostalgia due to what comes after.

Not having the lead be noticably better would make the show a lot less compelling to watch.

Have a bath, you salty paki.

No. Pic related.

No, still the Singing Detective.

Brooklyn nine nine says otherwise

Andy Samberg sucks.

False. A lot of shows are about less competent leads who are willing to investigate shit that the real police don't give a fuck about.

In a lot of private dick shows, the police is actually good at it's job, but it can't legally do anything or is too busy with more major crimes.

I see your point but it being a comedy show makes the 'detective' aspects of it a lot less crucial.

>patrician
I would never use a word like that to describe it, but I loved Bored to Death and really miss it.

I'm not saying the police are incompetent, but the lead, even a private investigator is typically as smart or smarter than the police force for the sake of making the show interesting and compelling.

nah

A smarter lead detective means smarter criminals. That's the draw of the show, the elaborate methods the bad guy employs.

It ended on such a weird note. Don't know why HBO couldn't have given it a few more episodes at least. Couldn't have had that big a budget.

Yes.

I'm not sure who Bs villains TFO more, Columbo is a master subtle troll but Poirot really scolds them and is more of a gentleman.

comfiest show ever coming thru

out of my way fucking plebs

>hating fun this much

He's my favorite on the show but he's honestly not the best. The girl detectives and the captain are better than the rest of the cast overall. I just enjoy samberg

I've seen a lot of series about ordinary crimes that were better than the ones about muh epic crimes and criminals. Not everything needs to be Le Best, Le Never Before Seen, Le Smartest, etc.

My mum loves this show and I do too.

But it drives her nuts that they keep using the same Art Deco houses in different episodes.

I like all off these

I came here to post this, Midsomer is clearly the best:

>Feature-length
>Challenging to work out whodunnit
>Massive cast for every episode makes all the villages seem so real
>That countryside aesthetic

I was really worried when they replaced Barnaby but the new guy is great too

The only thing that bothers me about these countryside detective shows is that the idea of murder occurring on a regular basis in such a lowly-populated area stretches credulity

bugger the lot of you

How many of these old British ones are on Netflix?

Poirot's exploits are certainly fun to follow. He's a total dick to Hastings though.

I've seen a lot of shows better than police procedurals, too. What's your point? How does this change the fact that smarter good guys demand smarter villains, and that this is one of the core aspects of your traditional detective show?

Yeah, you'd think those places were cursed or something.

feels time
>my mom loved crime shows and books
>her favorite show is midsommer
>never missed it and it was the only thing she watched
>there weren't midsommer books in our country up until recently
>suddenly mom gets diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
>goes to the hospital on monday, surgery's on tuesday
>we talk on monday afternoon, ask what can I get her
>''Buy me that new Midsommer book, so I can read it in recovery''
>buy it same afternoon
>mom goes to surgery
>dies on a thursday
never gave her the book. it's still on my desk, in the plastic cover it was the day I bought it 9 months ago. Sorry I wrote this here, I needed this.
anyhow, great show

>when Hastings says "I SAY"
gets me everytime

Read the book user