More

I dont like to use the work Kino unironically but I have no other words to describe this piece of work.
What are more like Beyond the Black Rainbow?
Or ITT Kino, for you autists.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H14EyZ-o3Uw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lost river, trust me

so tired of this stupid forced 80s retro style purple shit.

I loved the movie for the aesthetics, but the story was too void.

I have seen this, and a lot of the others that are in the "kino" threads. Im looking for some hidden gems that are very visual in their story telling.
Pic related i haven't seen enter the void or inherent vice, is the latter worth it?

I'm the guy you responded to and they are both some of my favorite films. Enter the void will give you more of what you're looking for in relation to beyond the black rainbow, but inherent vice is by far the greater film and is hilarious too.

I meant to quote OP

I'm interpreting your criteria to mean stuff with cool visuals and abstract themes, the range that these movies fit that kind of varies

THX1138
Suspiria
Angel's Egg
Sebastiane
American Gigolo
Deep Red
Only God Forgives
Body Double
Phantom of the Paradise
The Red Spectacles
Belladonna of Sadness (Recently re-released by the guys funding Cosmatos' next flick)
Altered States
Tokyo Decadence (try to find the uncut Japanese version if you can)
Love & Pop
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea
Miami Vice
Scorpion: Female Prisoner 701
Speed Racer

Again, your mileage will vary significantly between them but I'd imagine at least one of these should be new and exciting to you. Look them up.

The Holy Mountain

Angel's egg has been on my list for while, and Only God Forgives is up there for my favorite movie, i dont think I have heard of any of the others.
Thank you. I love you.

Awesome, appreciate the feedback.

Now for more pressing matters what the fuck was the therapist in beyond the black rainbow? Did he just become deranged sociopath off a bad trip, or was he actually some sort of demon / alien thing?

Barry had a bad trip but I don't think we see anything to indicate that he's still human, or at least relatively so. I think that his behaviour is more or less explained by isolation and years of repressed sexuality, along with mental instability triggered by the trip.

The final sequence when he's chasing down Elaine feels very sexually charged. He taps the handle of his knife against his crotch in anticipation when first looking for her and his behaviour when he meets the stoners makes it very obvious what he's got on his mind.

*he's NOT still human, I think that Barry is a man

Messed that up

Man, BtBR was disturbing af.

bump before I sleep because this movie can never get too much attention

That makes a lot of sense. I didnt notice the tapping with the knife. I guess the only thing I still dont understand is the phonecall scene. That seems to have been the final staw for him before he snaps, was it because he noticed it wasn't plugged in and he made up the conversation?

guys what is Kino

Suspiria for the visuals and the god tier soundtrack.

Slow wide shots or "im ready for my feels closeup"

Dont forget about the pretty lights and colors.

>Noah

>that part when he gets out of the pool

Made me jump more than any other jumpscare.

Kek, yeah haven't seen that one on it either, just my only picture with some examples of what I was looking for

It's above cinemä, but below kinógraphę

the visuals and music are GOAT but the actual movie really falls short

youtube.com/watch?v=H14EyZ-o3Uw

Terry Gilliam films

This scene is what made me know it was going to be one of my all time favorite movies.

Op here. Fuck Terry hackiam. His films are so unengaging. He has some beautiful shots, I will give him that but he is always ruining them with stupid fucking dialogue or shit that goes nowhere. Knight of cups was the most enfuriating experience all year.

>christina hendricks
instant kino

>Knight of cups was the most enfuriating experience all year
>mistaking Terrence Malick and Terry Gilliam
how

That's Malick

Gilliam directed Brazil and 12 Monkeys

Ah fuck.. im tired. Yeah gilliam is fucking great. I need to give Brazil a rewatch thanks for the reccomendation.