Ywn watch The Neon Demon for the first time again

>ywn watch The Neon Demon for the first time again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=acKwbqOQW0Q
nylon.com/articles/jena-malone-neon-demon-interview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Or a second time, most likely.

>ywn watch a Refn movie ever again

I'll be showing it to my k-11 English class next week.

So I guess I will be watching it again.

Will relish the awkwardness when the sex and cannibalism stuff comes up.

It's basically the best primer for having the class read Lolita afterwards.

I was watching the beginning and it fucking sucked.

I'll never watch it for the first time

>ywn unwatch the first time you saw this tripe and watch a good movie instead
Can you imagine how horrible it it? This piece of shit claimed 90 minutes of my life. I will die having seen one less good movie. Thank you Refn, you fucking faggot

Back to capeshit you go

Fortunately it's very re-watchable. I've seen it 4 times already.

stop fapping dude

I don't even think about Elle Fanning sexually. Nor anyone else in the movie. I just like looking at it.

that's worse, actually.
doesn't it get boring?

Why is this shit flick being shilled so hard here? Seriously there's like multiple threads daily.

Have you seen it?

It's like a good song you like. You can listen to it over and over again. But you shouldn't go overboard because it will get stale. I'm not going to watch this for a while to keep it fresh.

Because Refn is /our guy/

And he makes films from the heart

Go back to tumblr faggot

There are so many threads because it recently showed up for download on trackers and the like.

It's not shit however, it's damn great film. It's shame that you can't really discuss it anymore without memesters and niggers interfering.

i gotta say this is the one NWR flick I did not enjoy.

ALTHOUGH, the fashion show scene was pretty killer
youtube.com/watch?v=acKwbqOQW0Q

Upvoted Xd

jena malone and keanu carried this movie

the second half was way too dreamish and unstructured, elle really wasnt anything special, even the one actual model outdid her.

I actually really like OGF and it was treated unfairly by the majority of audiences but refn is losing it, il still watch his next film

what about Abbey?

>tfw I haven't seen it yet

why not?

thats her, i didnt know her name, but she seems like shes got a future in acting

suprised refn even allowed her to show any emotion instead of just staring at the mirror for 85 seconds while the camera slowly pans away

fpbp

its worth watching if you're a refn fan, the visuals and cinematography are amazing

Haven't marathoned this yet. Stopped watching after Keanu's first scene.

what encode did you grab lads?

I haven't watched it yet you fucking losers HAHAHAHA I've got so much potential energy ready to burst plz don't downvote me :(

This piece of kino deserves the remux of course

While taking this pic I noticed the ridiculous amount of producers. Wonder what that is all about.

Good
Its a garbage flick

>tfw i dont get it

>using ptp instead of hdb
>grabbin a remux for a refn flick
Ewwww yucky yucky

He's saying the film is bad, so you wouldn't want to watch it a second time

He's a retarded person, like yourself.

>elle really wasnt anything special, even the one actual model outdid her.

Didn't this kind of make sense though? I know you're referring to their respective performances, and I agree Abbey Lee was fucking great in this, just on an acting/emoting level. That's why I especially enjoyed the "twist" (if you can call it that) where she ended up being the main character by the end.

I thought my post was cunty and hipster enough, you went the extra mile. Bravo.

The visuals were pretty good 9/10

The acting was fucking trashbin status. I feel like they were going for a solid movie from the beginning until they realized Elle was hot but couldn't act.

Should have cut all dialogue and made it a 50min art piece. Would have been much more solid and watchable.

I will next week.

Now be jealous desu

>that reddit formatting
Here on Cred Forums we don't put a space between post numbers and our post
Gay cunt!
Not surprised a redditor can't notice a joke either

i realize elle was supposed to be playing this doe eyed inexperienced young girl but she really didnt bring much to the table this film. I hope this abbey lee girl gets more roles in the future though.

jena malone was really great in this too, i wanted more of her character

>Here on Cred Forums we don't put a space between post numbers and our post

I have never, ever seen a person make this bizarre argument before and I'm quite impressed you came up with something so retarded. Good job you autistic faggot, at least you're unique.

Too poor and I stopped torrenting when Kat went down

Are you kidding? Maybe the one scene where Elle's acting was pretty basic was her last scene. But for example her scene with the photographer, the way she moves her body and eyes is just perfect. Same with the club scenes.

I haven't seen it yet, so I can watch it or the first time whenever I want to

Look at the way you post
Then look at how everyone else does
Only redditing fags such as yourself like type like that.
Now leave and hang yourself

leave him alone
he has no taste or posting understanding

Yeah, that's my point. She's a pretty face that's nice to watch walk around and interact with the environment.

The moment she opens her mouth the scene just takes a dump on your face

>90 minutes
It's almost two hours long

Jokes on you user, I have anterograde amnesia....

who raped the girl beside elles motel room

it had to be either bean or keanu

It means Refn had to call in a lot of favors for money

What she says isn't even really important. Maybe in another film it would be but not in this one.

its ridiculous everyone acted like pic related wasnt astonishingly attractive.

In that scene she was. In the casting scene she looked like an alien. But that was clearly intentional.

Holy fuck fix your fucking formatting
If you wanna post here the least you could do is assimilate you fucking reddit refugee

still hot as fuck desu

I can't tell if this is autism or trolling. So in a way you've won. But I've been here for ~10 years and I have never once had someone harass me about my formatting. Probably because it totally depends on the person and it seems to be a 50/50 split generally. On boards like /lit/ it seems the split is more like 75/25 in favor of my style. But that's no surprise because this board is home to more retards, that's not even debatable.

I'm going to have a DUDE WEED LMAO night in a week or so. Do you guys recommend this movie for watching while stoned/drunk?

Possibly best move for 2016

yeah.
get ready for boners.

No

Swiss Army Man is much better stoner movie

You haven't been here for 10 years.
If you had been then you would know how to post properly you absolute gay cunt.
Wanna explain how 90% of the people in this thread don't post like you?
HMMMMMMM

>Wanna explain how 90% of the people in this thread don't post like you?

They're less intelligent than me and probably newer.

Incorrect!
Hope your family dies tonight

>spaceposter

>intelligent

just fucking drop it dudes

No this is how it starts
Enabling spaceposters is basically the same as Europe writing off Muslims as being wacky brown guys and look at Europe now..

>Nicolas Refn
>Elle Fanning

Nope.

Please fuck off
Fucking normies

Anyone wants to ask him something lol

elle pls marry me

watched it last night, only good thing about the movie was the sia song at the end

I bet you like the Big Bang Theory and Stranger Things.

Refn is Cred Forumscore you goddamn idiot

if the song sucks why did your supercool director commission it for his special movie

No need to hide what a pleb you are, user.

Considering the meme soundtrack and visuals wouldn't a pleb that likes Neon Demon be the same IQlet pleb that likes Stranger Things??

Best girl

jena was best girl

>picking the slore of the group

you couldn't cuck more if you wanted to

I love The Neon Demon and thought Stranger Things was completely mediocre and uninteresting.

The difference is clear: TND is people (mostly Refn) creating something they think is aesthetically pleasing based on what they feel. Stranger Things is a bunch of people picking out their favorite things from others works they have consumed and trying to recreate them. It's quite soulless.

this film was heavily advertised on typical normie channels, not really appropriate to call someone a meme name for disliking a movie that only brainless mungoids who've never taken a humanities course outside of film could like

Cred Forums movie to the year.
Fuck all newfags and redditors,eat a dick

spaceposter get out

>ywn see Jena make love to Elle.

I wasn't talking to you, you low cinematic skill set.

that pan away from Bathtub Jena was great. Total creeper that one.

why do i always fall for the crazy ones

Keep forgetting Jena is in it. I'll check it out now.

Do you have anything other than memes to offer? Anything interesting to actually say? This thread has gone on for 4 hours now so if there's anything intelligent in there that you could put forth now is your time to shine.

she just has that crazy look, i wish there was a more accurate way to describe it because that is my fetish

I like her she actually a decent actress.

Also there something funny about the way she come across as being a huge dyke even though shes not.

Dirty spaceghosting cunt
I fucking despise you and all your friends from reddit,can't believe you wont even correct your formatting now because you're so desperate not to assimilate
If you don't wanna be one of us then fuck off.
It's that easy.

>I like her she actually a decent actress.
I don't think she's had a role to really shine, but she's been perfect in everything I've seen her in.

>more memes

You could have just not responded, saved yourself some time.

>still spaceposting
Why are you here if you don't like Cred Forums?

do you have the video with that dress who walking and you see her ass?

I think she is actually a bit crazy. Maybe that's too far, more just kind of a loonie hippie. I read an interview of her regarding The Neon Demon and she only really talks in metaphors. It all sounds kind of pretentious but makes sense at the same time. This is it I think:

nylon.com/articles/jena-malone-neon-demon-interview

If this is your attempt at a meme I'm sorry but I don't think you're gonna make it, buddy.

What kind of nigger hasn't seen Neon Demon yet? I bet you're a redditor too.

Jokes on you user, I have anterograde amnesia....

>still spaceposting
Why not just stop and post like everyone else?
Why are you so desperate to cling to your ways as a redditor?

give me time frame nigga i will dump webm
im drunk

Besides I guess Caroline,Neon Demon and Saved!.

I can't think of a role that really shows of her acting chops.

She was a bit crazy in Brick as well. Loved her in that one.

not him but i'll bite

it's not as visually striking as people say it it. the majority of the first half or however long it is before she becomes her id is actually pretty bland, shots of LA are not informative or evocative.

actually this is a big problem i have with it. i live about an hour from LA, i spend plenty of time there. it's interesting, gross, filled with lots of the people lampooned in this film, but none of that is even remotely communicated effectively. this movie could take place anywhere as far as i'm concerned.

for a film lauded for its visuals, the transformation sequence is sparse and indiscernible. her bad acting before and actor makes the character shift meaningless, she was empty before and she's empty afterwards, whatever

the acting from about half the cast is atrocious and the dialogue is unbelievable but people argue that it doesn't matter because of themes. what themes are those? the fashion industry strips away all humanity from its subjects? put a character on screen i can empathize with who experiences this. that beauty is everything or isn't? the film flip flops; beauty is everything because she loses her innocence but remains the most beautiful thing ever, yet it takes the opposite position when it seems to condemn the other girls by having their jealousy culminate in hyperbolic brutality.

there are lots of interesting, subtle, meaningful things to explore surrounding beauty in our society, its mass production, its consumption, its utility, the sexualization of subjects and the costs on such subjects, but this film is not interested in any of that. don't make it out to be something it's not

>it's not as visually striking as people say it it. the majority of the first half or however long it is before she becomes her id is actually pretty bland, shots of LA are not informative or evocative.

I agree her scenes with Dean are not striking but those are a minority. The scenes at the motel establish their purpose, which is to give a tone of seediness.

>filled with lots of the people lampooned in this film, but none of that is even remotely communicated effectively.

I don't think Refn is solely interested in lampooning it, although he does that too. I think he gets off on it. He's not interested in commentary.

>and the dialogue is unbelievable but people argue that it doesn't matter because of themes

I don't get why dialogue would need to be realistic in a film like this. Depicting reality is not at all what the film is trying to do. This is not The Battle of Algiers. This film is mostly interested in evoking emotional responses from the audiovisual realm.

>there are lots of interesting, subtle, meaningful things to explore surrounding beauty in our society, its mass production, its consumption, its utility, the sexualization of subjects and the costs on such subjects, but this film is not interested in any of that. don't make it out to be something it's not

That's exactly what I don't want to do, as I said earlier Refn is not interested in political commentary and frankly neither am I. Most films that try to have a clear-cut "message" I find quite childish. The best philosophers in the world don't have the world figured out, not in a way that everyone agrees with them, so if some dipshit filmmaker is trying to jam some sophomoric philosophical messages through their films they're probably going to end up looking like pretentious cunts.

>spaceposting
>not recognising the neon demon is a shallow film with little to no substance
>having taste this bad and thinking you're better than everyone else
Everyone hates you and wants you to die
I wonder why all spaceposters are such massive cunts?

I'm jealous of anyone who didn't waste 2 hours on this shit.

you will never step on her eyeball
JDIMSA ----(_(O)_)
;_;

Now you're just making yourself look bad. The other guy actually had something interesting to say and put forth arguments. You're just holding onto your precious "spaceposting" meme, as if that's ever going to take off

It's not a meme. You, like all the other newfags who can't be bothered to assimilate by lurking are a menace to the site and I will not rest until you either assimilate or everyone knows you're a cunt.
This is the part where you think to yourself 'Gee everyone already knows i'm a cunt and user here already knows i'm a cunt for sure so maybe he'll stop'
Well you're wrong.
Gonna keep going until you hang yourself because I fucking hate people like you
You're honestly a tasteless pleb btw

There's nothing more boring to argue about than who is a newfag because not only is it kind of cringy by itself, there is no way to win such an argument.

So basically there is nothing to gain, and it is just two faggots who have absolutely nothing else better to do wasting each others time. Like what is happening now.

Stop spaceposting then

more like i will never waste my time on this trash again

it's not that the dialogue doesn't match how people talk in real life, it's that it doesn't do any work for the viewer. the movie depicts people in situations experiencing things, emotions, etc, which are intended to illicit a response (maybe similar maybe not) from the audience, awkwardly written dialogue that is then poorly acted makes me feel like i'm wasting my time. it's not that i feel like it's a bad stylistic choice, it's that there were plenty of moments were i heard people say things and all i could think of is ANYONE could have rewritten this so it communicated the same thing with better emotion. minimalism is not an excuse, if i'm supposed to feel anything during this film i'm going to need some kind of context for the characters and their interactions, this film had so little dialogue anyways it's not like they were going to go overboard with exposition.

i understand what you're saying about commentary but that's not what i mean. when i say subtle i mean these are issues that are interesting but essentially unresolvable. in fact i would say the movie's biggest disservice to itself is that it does seem to make the kinds of claims you're not fond of. the groan inducing line about beauty not being everything but the only thing is such a statement, it's boring and irritating and quite frankly the film does nothing to consider in which situations it's false, or maybe it's repercussions, anything.

the film depicts a world in which women are strictly linearly ordered, it cannot be escaped. even naive conceptions of worth (she's beautiful on the inside) are constructions; at the end of the day they are meaningless, there is an actual reality that has a hold on everyone. in the face of this you can do nothing, violence is sublimation that is effective in making some feel good about themselves while driving others to insanity.

(cont)
my thesis is that for a 2 hour arthouse film that can literally do anything with the topic of fashion and beauty in subservience to an audiovisual experience or whatever, this is boring. most of the things in this film do not do work to get the audience into this world that i've described, it is mainly accomplished at the end of the film and only awkwardly because, as i've said, the characters are poorly written. this is obvious because sometimes the movie works, the australian character in particular is well written, well, acted, and especially interesting during the final part. this indicates that other characters could have been well acted and well written, but they weren't.

furthermore, i don't believe the world is like this, it certainly isn't for me. if you want me to spend 2 hours there then a filmmaker better do some goddamn work. that's essentially my point, even if there is some genius vision behind this film, the actual product is not effective is eliciting the kind of response it seems to want. i can see what it wants to do, but i can also see it's awkward missteps.

I was thinkin' the same the whole time.

I appreciate what you're saying and I recognize that there were some awkward moments that were not as good as the rest. But I think the difference between you and I amounts mostly to how much we care about the characters/plot/dialogue. To me, for example the scene in the club, the golden photoshoot, Jesse's discussion with Ruby after the golden photoshoot, the whole runway scene, the bathtub scene. All of these scenes just make me feel good inside purely from the audiovisual experience and all the themes about beauty and the characters etc. are just extra top it off.

I don't know what it is specifically, I have seen a lot of films that are shot well so it's not like I'm new to this kind of stuff. Essentially I don't think there's not much else to discuss here because it all boils down to what we felt when watching scene X. There's no logical argument that is going to make anyone change their mind about what they felt.

>ywn watch The Neon Demon

Stop spaceposting.
Cred Forums post formatting is typing your post right under the post number with no space.
You, like all the other newfags who can't be bothered to assimilate by lurking are a menace to the site and I will not rest until you either assimilate or everyone knows you're a cunt.
This is the part where you think to yourself 'Gee everyone already knows i'm a cunt and user here already knows i'm a cunt for sure so maybe he'll stop'
Well you're wrong.
Gonna keep going until you hang yourself because I fucking hate people like you
You're honestly a tasteless pleb btw

Best director
Best girl
BEST movie
He fucking knocked it out right of the park
Honestly I just want to hang out with him and Goose