Am I the only one who thought this movie was a huge disappointment?

Am I the only one who thought this movie was a huge disappointment?

Sure the animation was top tier but the plot was mediocre and didn't make sense half the time also I didn't understand what I was suppose to take away from this movie.

I feel like I was tricked into thinking this would be Kino when it was merely a movie.

>plot was mediocre
what you were expecting from a kids cartoon

it's am american rotoscoped claymation puppets reenact anime tropes episode

This.

Yeah, this and Wilderpeople were both letdowns lately. Reading people's reviews makes me wonder if we saw the same films.

Charlize was horribly miscast as well. And the George Takei "oh my" made me roll my eyes.

>what you were expecting

I'm more disappointed that banjo had 3 strings not 2.

The strings were his parents

Just because it had a simple story does not make that statement untrue.

Yeah I get that part, but even when the 2 strings were his parents at the end he still ADDED another string. It never had 2 strings.

>Kubo and the 2 strings
His parents were 2 and he was the 3rd

>I feel like I was tricked into thinking this would be Kino when it was merely a movie.

I hate this fucking board.

You need to go back.

It was a rehash of that shitty Paranorman movie but now in Japan.
I hate this overrated studio.

What was the point of the amour and the sword if he could just play a song and defeat him?

How exactly?

Norman was an outcast from the start whereas Kubo is practically loved by his village.
The Moon King had completely different motivation than that Witch.
The tone in both movies could not be further apart.
Although granted, both protagonists have an obligation to complete their quest, once the plot gets rolling.

It was pretty good. Great animation and the plot was decent. You're supposed to take away from the film a sense of forgiveness and love of family and community over anything else.

YIFY when?

Power of love. Using the real skill he always had all along.

Stop spaceposting.
Cred Forums post formatting is typing your post right under the post number with no space.
You, like all the other newfags who can't be bothered to assimilate by lurking are a menace to the site and I will not rest until you either assimilate or everyone knows you're a cunt.
This is the part where you think to yourself 'Gee everyone already knows i'm a cunt and user here already knows i'm a cunt for sure so maybe he'll stop'
Well you're wrong.
Gonna keep going until you hang yourself because I fucking hate people like you
You're honestly a tasteless pleb btw

Wow, this is the new spam isn't it? I just saw this in the Doctor Strange thread.

Stop spaceposting.
Cred Forums post formatting is typing your post right under the post number with no space.
You, like all the other newfags who can't be bothered to assimilate by lurking are a menace to the site and I will not rest until you either assimilate or everyone knows you're a cunt.
This is the part where you think to yourself 'Gee everyone already knows i'm a cunt and user here already knows i'm a cunt for sure so maybe he'll stop'
Well you're wrong.
Gonna keep going until you hang yourself because I fucking hate people like you
You're honestly a tasteless pleb btw

The movie was good. How many fucking stop motion movies do we get nowadays? And you want less of them? It was a fucking kids movie, it was better than some Pixar feel-good schlock, not that those movies are bad either though.

The last 10 minutes were kinda shit but overall I liked it.

where does that meme come from anyway? did he say it on a vine or what

Pretty sure it's from his appearances on Howard Stern.