Ok, so there's another huge problem with BvS that no one has talked about yet, the characterization of Clark Kent...

Ok, so there's another huge problem with BvS that no one has talked about yet, the characterization of Clark Kent. Clark Kent is supposed to be nervous, awkward, non confrontational and above all else a total dweeb.

The original Superman film got this perfectly right, Reeves acts completely different when he's behind the glasses, his mannerisms are different, he's more awkward, let's people talk over him like he isn't important, is a coward, scaredy cat, fake faints when shot and even changes his voice to sound like a complete fucking nerd.

This is essential to him maintaining a secret identity, no one should believe that an absolute dork like Clark Kent could be the most powerful being on the planet. There's even a comic where Lex builds a machine to deduce Supes' identity and it correctly figures out that he's Clark Kent. He dismisses the machine as broken because he refuses to believe that a being with such power would hide behind a weak, snivelling dork like Kent.

BvS completely fails at this, Clark is super confrontational, fights Perry multiple times on the story and even goes behind his back, he even argues with Bruce, and is basically the same character besides how he is dressed. This actually could have been a super interesting chance to give Cavill a different way to show a range of acting chops.

The character of Clark Kent should be shown as a completely believably different character from Superman, not just Superman with glasses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CGg85QbPC-U
youtube.com/watch?v=MCHXAr2wb0M
youtu.be/DLetEForuio?t=43
youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Clark Kent is supposed to be nervous, awkward, non confrontational and above all else a total dweeb.
No.

Ok, how should he be?

>Lex builds a machine to deduce Supes' identity

What story is this from?

Crusading reporter fighting for truth and justice with his pen.

I already gave you my answer.

>Clark Kent is supposed to be a beta nu-male so that beta nu-males can relate to him and it doesn't make people uncomfortable that there is a film with a traditionally handsome white male who is masculine
No

You really think Snyder understands the complexity of the question ofwho the real alter ego is?

its true isnt it, the people who hate this film are just to stupid to get it.

>Do you think [pleb] understands [plebeian] of the [Plebesaurus Rex] or would you prefer [plebfilter] to [plebtaste]

>You really think Snyder understands the complexity of the question ofwho the real alter ego is?
A lot better than you.

youtu.be/CGg85QbPC-U

Literally everyone on Cred Forums is what you mentally ill neckbeards describe as "beta nu-males." Kill yourself containment drone bootlicker.

Then why wasn't this apparent in any of the movies?

Why was Supes so concerned about Batman anyway? There was a conspiracy to destroy him and he didn't seem to care or even notice. Instead he seemed to devote his time trying to take down a vigilante fucking up thugs in a Detroit-tier city.

This bait is too good, there is absolutely no difference between the persona of Superman and Clark Kent, Snyder puts no effort into it what so ever. Tell me how they're different besides how he dresses.

>its true isnt it, the people who love this film are just to stupid

I'm not quite sure why Supes got his knickers in a twist over some crazy dude beating up thugs in Gotham City. Of all the shit he could focus on, he chose Batman? I thought Supes was a good dude; why is he such a terrible hypocrite?

?

what's even the point of batman if gotham is literally right next to metropolis?

Do you really think his personality was any different there than when he's wearing tights and without glasses?

Are reffering to Batman's fake Bruce persona? I'll admit it is there, but why leave out Clark's one?

> no difference between the persona of Superman and Clark Kent
and there isnt much of one in the comics either dumbass. Only time there really was was late golden age/early silver age stuff when he was all goofy and oh gosh lois im so shy of violence and shit.

So he's just suppose to be the same but with glasses and no more effort what so ever?

Yeah, why not?

>Ok, so there's another huge problem with BvS that no one has talked about yet, the characterization of Clark Kent. Clark Kent is supposed to be nervous, awkward, non confrontational and above all else a total dweeb.
Movies are adaptations. They can change things around if they like.

And also if it's stupid?

>Clark Kent is supposed to be
how the fuck do you feel entitled talking about something when you know absolutely fucking nothin about it?
kill you are self you bellend

He is what he is for the movie and the universe they are building, there is no right or wrong here.
If you dont like the way he is portrayed then you shouldn't like his suit because he doesn't have the red underwear on it

So everyone around him is mentally retarded and can't see through glasses? They should atleast try and come up with a reason, also if Superman (a guy with no mask) doesn't need one, why does Batman?

>watching Martha vs Martha
>Ever

>Ok, so there's another huge problem with BvS that no one has talked about yet
>NOT MUH SUPERMAN

go back.

Award-winning, too. Clark is a quiet guy. That doesn't mean he's timid.

wOAH GOSH you mean

movie charactesr

aren't

comic characters?????

???

>why don't they recognize him

I don't know user, maybe cause they've never met him, and don't spend their time obsessing over footage of him like some Sandy Hoax conspiracists.

>red underwear =/= an important part in maintaining a secret identity that could've been a more interesting part of the film than a convo with ghost dad on a mountain top about horses who can't swim and eating hero cake.

However the fuck Hack Snyder makes him out to be, these retarded DCucks will defend it anyway.

>Clark Kent is supposed to be

Stopped reading there, it's SUPPOSED to be a different interpretation of the character.

You didn't get it

>caring this much about superman

Modern film-goers are really pathetic.

>Clark Kent is supposed to
>supposed

Stopped reading. Fuck off with your head canon. Different interpretations.

Yeah you're probably right, who cares about the little changes, as long as they keep the important aspects of his character like being happy and likeable, not killing people or other heroes, not being a hypocrite, not being gloomy and unsure, talking about the greater good and not being an idiot who is super easily manipulated.

Oh, wait

I repeat
>not muh SUPES

Shut the fuck up

I do. I also think they're doing something kind of interesting with it. So far, he's basically been Clark Kent cosplaying as Superman without adopting a separate,.public persona. In BvS, you can hear in Henry's delivery and in the lines he's given that they're giving us a Clark acting how he thinks a superhero would act like, saying things he thinks a superhero would say.

The Flash does the same sort of thing in his cameo in Suicide Squad, and interestingly enough, he sounds a lot like Christopher Reeve's Superman doing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MCHXAr2wb0M

Only two of the heroes in the DCEU have any experience being "super" in public - the Batman, who's an absolute master of theatricality, and Wonder Woman, who doesn't really have a secret identity. The other two we've seen in action(Superman and the Flash) are still figuring out how *not* to be themselves.

>they'll fix it in the sequels bros, don't forget to reserve your copy of the Ultimate Edition!

Make me?

While I think that we didn't get enough Clark in the movie(Ultimate Edition does fix this a bit), I don't agree with your point.

It's a good thing to show that Clark Kent is passionate and cares about his job beyond the "Well I need money" aspect of it. Clark is himself a good person and a journalist who cares about humanity.

Just because we don't see him be the classic bumbling idiot portayed in the past, doesn't take away from the core of the character

>Ultimate Edition

But there's no difference between Clark Kent and Supes, Clark is supposed to be a cover.

Way to miss the point entirely. There wasn't anything there to be fixed.

Hell, Ant-Man does something similar in Civil War when he gets Cap's shield back. It's one of my favorite moments in the whole movie.

youtu.be/DLetEForuio?t=43

Ant-Man goes full fanboy.

You really can't hear anything, it needed way more and we shouldn't have to wait 5 films for shit likes this.

>Superman, who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice and the American way.
Clark is always meant to be a quiet and unassuming guy who doesn't stick out in a crowd. How far that goes depends on interpretation, but it's at least a contrast to the big, confident figure that Superman is. Snyder has drawn a very thin line between the two.

>5 films

Try to make a point without needless hyperbole for a change. Your arguments are weak enough without the added histrionics making you come off like an excitable little bitch.

>Snyder has drawn a very thin line between the two.

So did John Byrne. Hell, his Clark was even a high-school football star.

I was reffering to the next time we see Supes
>MoS
>BvS
>SS
>WW
>JL

Stupid idea, the reason we're not talking about it as bad is because this isn't

Understood. Apologies for misunderstanding.

clark kent is such a pussy. i would've declared myself an apostle of jesus if i were superhuman.

And this is why we're glad you're not.

Yeah, but considering Byrne's miniseries appears to be where a lot of the inspiration comes from, I think it's valid to bring it into the discussion.

>here's your shield, Captain America 3: Civil War
Really?

>Clark is supposed to be a cover

Nah, man, Superman is the alter-ego while Clark is the real him. And it's the inverse with Batman. Bruce is the cover while Batman is who he really is.

That's part of their schtick

OP's got a point.

youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

>All deez DCfags getting mad...

Thanks OP

That was pre-Superman Clark, where he didn't yet realize his abilities came from being a Kryptonian. He wasn't concerned with maintaining a secret identity then. And being a big name in Smallville is much different than being a big name in Metropolis.

How is he a big name in Metropolis? He's a largely anonymous newspaper reporter.

He's not. That's what I'm saying. Clark can be a football star in Smallville because it's a small town in Kansas and it's not going to matter. He can't make that kind of splash in Metropolis or else he wouldn't be able to keep his secret identity.

>snyder failed to establish a basic theme of a work he adapted

no way