There are still found footage films being made in 2016? When will this end?

There are still found footage films being made in 2016? When will this end?

When it stops making money, and being cheap to film

well they tried making a sequel that wasn't and nobody liked it

it's a great medium for directors with good ideas but 0 money.

Rec, Final Prayer and Webcast are notable examples

I'm so startled

So was the new one any good. I unironically liked the first one.

Constant cheap jump-scares, unnecessary effects and very boring and unbelievable acting. Just your usual Hollywood cash-grab and a shitty rehash of the original.

Sad to say this was a much better movie when it was filmed by 3 amateurs running around in the woods with less than a quater of the budget. I love the first one.

it's been going since 1980, why should it stop now?

>When it stops making money
how can something that costs $10.000 maximum to make ever stop making money

I saw the first one back in 99, Wasn't all that great even back then, I remember it was sort of a joke and people thought it was more funny than scary, I think most people actually went to see it just to make fun of it.

I remember people legit thought it was real and were horrified by it. The mocking only started once it became a huge viral thing and the apologizing scene had been parodied to death by everyone and their mom.

It just needs to evolve to be more "realistic" if it's gonna continue, and they should go back to marketing it as "real" footage. They need to stop filming it with a pro cameraman and RED Epics and shit.

I unironically thought Unfriended was a great concept with how it was made but the acting and plot were irredeemably bad.

I don't understand the choice to make a movie found-footage, if you're not going to properly attempt to actually make it seem like it was filmed by real people and a not a professional crew with a bunch of actors.

Shaking the camera around every now and then does not make it seem more authentic if the acting is stiff and clearly scripted.

Original Blair Witch had it right - literally give the cameras to the actors, make them film the movie and have them improvise most of the dialog.

>2

But that's the third one you idiot.

Post good found footage movies.

End of Watch
Troll Hunter

Fuck End of Watch, it should have just been a traditional movie, and it would have been GOAT if it was.

Half the time its unknown who the hell is filming, and they had to shoehorn in a bunch of dumb scenes with the latina slut running around with a sony DV cam during a massive fire fight.

Seriously fuck that movie.

Hopefully never, because BW is awesome.

>yfw Blair Witch 2 ended up being better than this

At least it wasn't a cardboard-copy of the original.

they fucked it up pretty hard. The witch looks like that thing from Grave Encounters 2

A waste of money. For some reason I had been led to believe it might actually be good.

There were four other people in the theater apart from me and two friends. It got nothing out of any of us but a few disbelieving laughs. Wasn't spooked or intrigued at any point.

This featured everything that's wrong with most found footage movies, AND sequels in general. It does almost exactly everything the first one does, but BIGGER, more people, more screaming, a bunch of special effects, loads of jump scares, very scripted acting, essentially removing everything people enjoyed about the original and adding little to nothing apart from just throwing more shit at the audience.

The time looping is just expanding on what's already hinted at in the first.

It even managed to fuck up the obligatory 'standing in the corner' scene. I'm kind of rustled over having paid for it, .

How do you make a found footage film actually believable in this day and age? That was a big thing about the original Blair Witch film, but urban legends were way easier to spread around at the time since there wasn't Internet everywhere 24/7. I doubt you could market anything like it as real footage nowadays.

Yeah the primitive internet times Blair Witch project was released in was essential to its success as a found footage movie. It was a lot harder to fact check this kind of shit back in 1999, when the bogus websites and articles they had put up were convincing.

The only way to make it as believable as the first, that I can think of, would be to release as just another video on Youtube or something, with 0 marketing, under some random name like VID_110101_MOV. But that defeats the whole purpose of making the movie in the first place since there wouldn't be any profit.