Childrens End Mind Fuck

Just watched this mini series, and I completely agree

> A loss of religion translates to a loss of history making humanity easily swayed by the Devil himself who appears exactly as himself to the world. He follows the bible's evil prophecy as was promised and a majority vote of earth actually side with him, even though he in fact has horns and is a giant fucking demon.

I give you an earth ignorant enough to sacrifice itself to a demon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLr8gnYpVsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you think that's what it was about then you're a fucking idiot. The book was written by an atheist homosexual.

Kirk Cameron go home. You are drunk.

Clarke didn't intend it, but that's a completely valid view of the story

Sometimes it's just incredible how Christianity is right.
It really makes me ponder.

its called "childhoods end" my friend, not childrens end

Clarke was a pedophile, not a homosexual. .

Any other interpretations of the story are very welcome

One can be both.

arthur c clarke was a fag and an atheist? brb burning 2001 and 2010 sequel

So was this, yet it's the best depiction of the Book of Revelation ever put to film.

Care to explain?

Well yes, but that's portrayed as a good thing. The show comes across pro Luciferian / Satanist

Not gonna lie, this seems like an ingenious top shelf troll you've worked out. Kudos fellow memester.

Explain to me how I'm trolling

Literally Lucifer/Satan desends from the heavens, solves all of humanities problems and takes humanity to their next evolutionary level. Religious people are the antagonists, and all religions are proven to be false.

That's the fucking show

Also that's what luciferians/satanists actually believe

>whose arrival begins decades of apparent utopia under indirect alien rule, at the cost of human identity and culture.

So it's a literal NWO globalist utopia?

No, humans are the ones that become cultureless due to evolving into psychic beings. The aliens are midwives to the process at best.

Sounds like dumb propaganda .

Well, there's the literal, spelled out in the fucking book, interpretation that equates religion and other systems of magical thought as glorified security blankets to protect the "child" mindset of young races from the harsh realities of maturity.

Kinda like how "girls are gross" and "cooties" function to keep sex off the table till puberty.

>everything I don't like is propaganda

also a pedo

now you're a pedo too

The black guy was dumb all of a sudden at the end of the show. He could have stayed alive and taught the story of his planet, but he "needed to be on the planet for its end" or something.

What are the "harsh realities" in the book? Because it sounds to me like this is a teenage Amazing Atheist listener's fantasy, where suddenly when his religious dad dies he develops Satan powers and becomes a Luciferian superhero who can materialize psychic bananas up EBIL CHRISTFAG asses.

The overlords didn't want the responsibility of taking care of him so they gave him some meaningless task of reporting what ascension looked like to his eyes.

For it was either that or live out the rest of his life in a completely alien planet/society that was so far beyond his comprehension he'd have the status of glorified pet. Maybe he even could've been a zoo exhibit!

the ending is so....lonely

hahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa................. no you are a fool there are no daemons there are aliens.

Did the television series not have the complete dissolution of all human society into a collective of autistic, ageless children, apparently part of a hive mind, whom with no physical needs they could not meet with their mind powers, no longer had any need for identity, society, emotions, and, eventually, any sort of physical presence?

If not, read a fucking book.

The TV series fucked up so much of the book
I was fucking pissed when I watched it

>atheists

You got my number pal. That's exactly my reasoning.

>Did the television series not have the complete dissolution of all human society into a collective of autistic, ageless children, apparently part of a hive mind, whom with no physical needs they could not meet with their mind powers, no longer had any need for identity, society, emotions, and, eventually, any sort of physical presence?
Isn't that exactly what the (((demons))) are doing right now?

The best part in the book was when Carellen looked back at earth imploding on itself and saluting humanity.

Shame they replaced that scene with some google making a gay speech.

So the (((demons))) are setting about giving me (or more likely the next generation) literal omnipotence that will at some point cast off the fleshy chrysalis that is the human form and ascend to the infinite, and, as a result of the elation/trauma of such an event, cast back a distorted nightmare of the ascension to a bunch of assholes in the middle ages?

If so, sign me the fuck up.

Also, read a fucking book.

The thing that bothered me the most with the TV series is they fucking blew off the time skip the book had.

Wouldn't have had to deal with the whole bible lady bullshit since the world had grown up living with the aliens overwatching them for so long and didn't even know what demons were by that point.

>>So the (((demons))) are setting about giving me (or more likely the next generation) literal omnipotence
Yeah. If you believe (((demons))) of course.

Why would (((demons))) lie?

Actually earth gets eaten by a bigger organism, by definition it dies. The organism uses clear demon avatars to do its bidding and eats life itself of the entire earth. There is no "maturity" thats just what the demons say as they eat you

>giving up humanity to become and test monkey or a meal from some alien
>muh fuck god
Wew lad

so the entire book is a lie that's wonderful.

Well, dude, from the stowaway's direct observations, the final generation didn't age, didn't get sick, didn't die, didn't need to eat, drink, sleep, or shit, and, according to his perceptions, were pretty goddamn elated about getting "eaten" by whatever higher dimensional alien was "feeding" upon them.

The demons admit that its not their bidding, implying once eaten by the hive mind, this was it decided was the best use of their race, so even as Karrallen does his job ever so swiftly he shows that a physical body still retains a unity, he still has a slight personality, but work comes first. He actually liked earth but it had to be eaten.

Yea, that's goddamn inexcusable. Would've been so easy to have the entire story told from the stowaway's perspective, and move to slightly earlier in the story so no "forced" time skip would ever need take place.

So it's a ripoff of Silver Surfer being the herald of Galactus who finds worlds for him to eat?

... yea the overlords were never able to become a part of the hivemind, hence the reason they're running around the universe acting as glorified midwives.

Sure... if clarke is a time traveler as well as all the other shit he was.

SS rips off CE

Then it does a much better job at the same concept, since Silver Surfer is basically Space Jesus, unlike this Space Satan thing.

Not getting the responses you'd like with the OP?

They made a show about this book?

Also, I don't know what the tv version was but in the real story the demons actually are just servants of the hive-mind that ultimately allows humans to ascend to a higher level of existence.

>that ultimately allows humans to ascend to a higher level of existence*.
*by eating them

no, it's not. You can't even be bothered to google satanism before you post BS like this?

childrens end was shit

>watch it without knowing anything about it
>wow it was the devil all along? thats so scary!
>turns it theres another two episodes and it's just an alien that happens to look like the devil and has nothing to do with theology and no one really gives a shit other than one christfag woman
>o-oh...

OP, yeah exacly but on a level where humanity can only be eaten if they do so willingly. Essencially the demons could just kill everyone but then thered be no life to eat, first everyone has to complete a few rituals to allow to hive mind into everyone. Clearly theres an age limit of what kind of minds can join, adults are already "unified" singular beings but babies are open consciousness, still very accepting of being in an open consciousness with the Hive.

I think Humanity could have saved themselves had they already formed a hive mind of their own, but they failed to come together and made slim pickings for a greater god.

Well, yea. A hivemind isn't going to have multiple personalities.

Just before humanity is eaten, all the people left on earth have already formed a hivemind and are just fucking thrilled to join a larger one.

Read the book, the show butchered that reveal stuff. That lady doesn't even exist in the book.

hive mind eats consciousness, hence loss of self, thats why they're thrilled

>people on Cred Forums
>bitching about hiveminds

why don't you bitch about my dubs instead? they literally herald the new age of man

WOW SO DEEEEEEP LIKE MY BALLS INSIDE YOUR MOM FAGGOT

They never had a self, as they were hivemind for a goodly amount of time before being eaten.

And seriously, what type of self-obsessed egotist would think loss of self is a bad trade for omnipotence? Hell, omniscience on it's own implies a loss of self, as maintaining an identity with the whole of the universe, past present and future jammed into your perceptions is simply not possible.

Zdravstvuy comrade, is it go well the plan for to comrade Stalin rise current year! Harasho!

no you idiot that's not the point. What human lost was ambition and hope to survive on their own, by becoming fully dependent on the aliens. Kinda like niggers on welfare.

So it's an allegory for modern (((globalist))) society?

>Clarke ripped off Marvel

I knew the madman had a time machine. It all makes sense.

Firstly, it's Childhoods end.

Secondly, there's multiple aliens that resemble demons, not just one.

Lastly they save mankind from it's destruction of itself, that's the whole point.

it's an adaptation of a book made a long time ago so I don't think so. it's merely a critique of complacency but yeah it can be applied to the way liberals have fucked things up

>Lastly they save mankind from it's destruction of itself,
>by cultivating them to be destroyed by another entity

But then childhoods end is just a transhumanism piece by another name, so it can be argued that humanity wasnt destroyed but instead evolved.

I personally disagree, but becoming part of a giant fuckoff space god isnt my cup of tea really.

this is certainly the dumbest post I've seen today.

That's fine. You wouldn't be eligible in such a situation. You'd just have to sit and die of old age while the infant hivemind of humanity matures in the bodies of invulnerable ageless children.

Keep reading the thread. It gets dumber.

Eh, as long as I die as me I'd be fine with it. Of course a situation like this would never come up because if somehow we did find a way to become a hivemind you and I would be long dead.

>>it's an adaptation of a book made a long time ago so I don't think so.
It was made in the fifties.

Are you unaware of how nationalism vs globalism literally caused two world wars, and what the political forces behind it were? These ideas are nothing new, the whole "elite + brownish population with no culture/tradition/etc." thing has been a very mainstream political idea since at least 1920s, and even Wells did the whole Eloi/Morlocks thing in 1895.

Does the modern public school curriculum even cover the cold war at all? My kids are 8 and 11 so I wouldn't know.

>wanting to remain the most boring faggot alive who needs to pretend to be dumb on the internet in order to get any sort of attention/validation at all

... yea I don't buy it.

yes I am aware, but the therms we used today weren't the same, it was more communism vs capitalism back then that's why I say I don't think so. Modern day globalism is well defined, that's my point, also I have pointed out that it's essentially a critique of the way libs do things.

>I'm an idiot because I disagree

user I'm not the faggot who claimed, among other things, that CE is a ripoff of the silver surfer.

I honestly don't think that it covers anything anymore, especially not in the US.

>sin is glorified-anyone who refuses to celebrate homosexuality is chased out of public life
>people who tell the truth are persecuted
>one-world government and mark of the beast identification quickly approaching
>people rapidly turning away from God

Well when I went to school, which was a while ago bu probably less than you because I dont have kids, let alone kids that are 11 years old, we learnt about the cold war.

This is in Australia though so might be different in other countries.

Hey, it covers how to make change.

with the same fucking "dittos" they handed me when I was in fucking elementary school, I should add.

I touched on this earlier, but unless you just don't want knowledge (in which case you are an idiot) how do you think it would be possible to maintain your sense of self while understanding absolutely every aspect of what created your sense of self?

It's our fault for never criticizing leftists about their previous failures, desu.

No nationalist or right-wing populist leader can appear in Europe or North America without Hitler comparisons, but any sort of utopian ideology of world government is never countered by accusations of communism. Even though the same people who supported such things now would have supported communism in the 1930s and said that Stalin was the Leader of Progressive Mankind (like Beatrice and Sydney Webb, for example, check them out).

You couldnt thats my point, if you joined a hivemind you wouldnt exist anymore as an individual.

It's time to fly or die then I suppose, hopefully the former.

youtube.com/watch?v=KLr8gnYpVsg

So you agree that at a certain level of knowledge, a sense of self is impossible to maintain.

Its the right that got the lobbying cap removed, thus turning the government into nothing but a corporate cock-sock.

Not to mention "the left" doesn't actually exist in the US. But whatever.

Not to mention, this is about a syfy channel adaptation of a fucking book that predates all your idiotic political beliefs.

Yes and I'm one of the chucklefucks who doesnt want to sacrifice my own identity for what would pretty much be omnipotence. But as I said before it wont be a question for our generation, if we ever find a way to do it of course.

You are a thick bastard OP, stick to Peppa Pig or shit like that please.

DUDE FUCK RELIGION LMAO

hehe... Nuttin personell kid.

So you're admitting you'd actively reject any potential to increase your level of knowledge beyond a point that would threaten your ability to maintain your sense of self.

and you're attempting to claim to not be an idiot.

that's nice.

The correct term is, "pederast".

He's right though. There's more important things than knowledge.

Bullshit. He was definitely gay, possibly a pedophile as well. He lived with and was buried with an older Sri Lankan man

why did the ayys look like demons?

Believing that everything and anything must be sacrificed in the quest for knowledge is retarded. Like it or not we're a species individuals and sacrificing that individuality, a fundamental part of what makes us humans, shouldnt sit well with anyone.

Its a terrifying decision, one that should weigh heavily on whatever poor bastard might have to make it sometime in the future. The fact you're so willing to throw your individuality away is troubling.

In fact, it's the exact opposite of that, and you're the fool. Back then we called them witches and goblins, now we call them aliens because we are "secular" (apostates)

i read the book like 20 years ago but i dont remember there being a crippled nigger kid in it

That movie was fun but really inaccurate. A literal depiction of Revelation would be like End Of Eva meets Jodowrosky.

I liked this thread. Thank you OP.

>Lucifer shows up

>Religions are determined false

What? I don't get it

gotta have dat diversity dude

>Believing that everything and anything must be sacrificed in the quest for knowledge

That's not what was said at all. If that's how you interpreted what was said, you seriously are just pretty dumb and I have no idea where to even begin to unfuck your idiocy with blurbs of text on a japanese image board (fuck that maymay).

>lucifer
>latin for "bringer of light."

It was kinda cool the book didn't outright just say this, though. Did the show?