mfw when I don't know any movie/serie that doesn't let the protagonists win in the end

> mfw when I don't know any movie/serie that doesn't let the protagonists win in the end

Name some for me

three kingdoms 2010

Death Note

Carriers (2009)

Utopia

The Mist

Maximum Overdrive

I'm still mad about that one.

It was the only way it could have ended, and Ryuk straight up says it in the first fucking episode.

watch more films

Buried
The Cube

I know but it would have been more fun if he killed them all.

mean streets
carlitos way
reservoir dogs
scarface

wtf have you been watching

>my face when watching Time Bandits ending

First time I ever realized you can have an unhappy ending. Probably why I have loved it for so long.

meant to reply to

Never write anything ever please

I could name some like scarface but I don't like these ones. It's the "karma" plot, where it shows that crime doesn't pay. That's why I don't take these into account. Moralist plots, fuck that

> Dexter
> Breaking Bad
> Narcos
> Any other criminal protagonist /spoiler]

Watchmen

>not wanting it to be a surprise whether they win or not
Spoilers: the thread, but suit yourself. Watch Brazil and Das Boot

It's not about spoiling the plot. I actually see very few movies where they structure a whole story about the hero and then proceed to make him lose. The only movies who do that is when the hero is also a criminal, an immoral fuck, etc.

>Dexter

>he dodges the crazy blonde psycho
> he dodges his responsibilities as father
> he never gets caught
>works with axes
>never has to cover up his tracks again

I don't see how he lost

When you see that way, right. But going from scientific forensic to living in the woods is not my definition of a win
He probably wanted some family or a good city life

But if he really really wanted that, then why did he get on the boat?

That's called fleeing, leaving a place because you feel threatened. Tell me he worked all his life, in his day work and night work to end up in some wood ?

the great silence

Does Jeepers Creepers count?

The entire Godfather trilogy also counts since Micheal wanted the life his father had but ended up dying alone and miserable.

Requiem for a Dream.

Blade Runner

You need to watch more movies/TV then. I'm a casual Cred Forums browser and I primarily watch shit with unhappy endings.

I mean, essentially any indie film will have the protagonist get a bad end. Most TV shows with any following these days have bad ends for their cast.

The Place Between the Pines, Neon Demon, Only God Forgives, Breaking Bad, The Wire...

I mean, bad ends are en vogue right now.

Barry Lyndon
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Chinatown
City of Life and Death
Coriolanus
Martyrs
Once Upon a Time in America
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid
The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Man Who Would Be King
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Wild Bunch

Pick any Tarantino film.

>doesn't let the protagonists win in the end
Funny Games

It literally doesn't let the protagonists win. I'm not misusing the word "literally".