Will we ever see something like this again?

Will we ever see something like this again?

I think the live action GITS movie is coming out soon

it's on Blu-Ray you can watch it again, man

i mean like, something with the same cultural impact

Avatar is the closest thing I can thing of, but that really only shares the special effects impact.

I dunno I never saw the Matrix and I'm 27

kekeroo

I really hope the Wachowski's were somehow still sane & direct this movie. At least they would do it justice.

I didn't think North Koreans had access to Cred Forums

No, the original Matrix was a child of the 90's. Today's film industry is catering to imbecile ledditors that just want quips. Also you can't glorify people in black trenchcoats shooting anymore, after what happened 20 days after the Matrix was released.

American school shootings come pretty close.

also don't forget the heroes of the movie are terrorists who assault a federal building, murder cops and crash an aircraft into a skyscraper for their revolution lmao

Yeah there were like 2 sequals man

I don't know, OP
*teleports behind you*
*whispers* ...You tell me...

ITT: People that weren't old enough to watch The Matrix when it was released.

>Also you can't glorify people in black trenchcoats shooting anymore, after what happened 20 days after the Matrix was released.

They released Reloaded that quickly?

Avatar 2. only a few years away from release

I was 14. I thought it was pretty cool what with the slow motion panning and shit. All my friends were real into it. I don't know if a movie could be made like that now, really. There has been a great narrowing of acceptability in the last 15 odd years. At the time fight club and pi and pulp fiction were my favorite movies. I'm old. Thanks for visiting my blog.

What? No there wasn't.

It's just The Matrix and The Animatrix...fucking retard.

Avatar had no impact at all it was just paid vyral. Silly movie from Titanic director.
To have a "new Matrix" you actually should drop black trenchcoats and all the the vending machine behind the very first movie, those two sequels were quite shit. What Matrix got to be is more than a scifi but a late 90's cult or better underground cult movie. There's a lot to talk about the under/counter-culture of this movie, the authors didn't invent much.

I was 13. I don't remember anyone caring about it until my friend and I saw a VHS beside the checkout and she said she heard it was good. The effects were pretty revolutionary at the time, to the point where news stations would actually do puff pieces on "bullet time."

Inception is really the closest live action film I can think of that has come close in the last decade, and I didn't find it particularly good. More a rehashing of Kon, but done badly.

You watched The Matrix on VHS because no one got the real meaning of the movie at first, not even looping at the trailer. Back in the days internet wasn't... internet.. skynet.
There wasn't Google and Yahoo in 1999 but the movie "talks" about them.

>You watched The Matrix on VHS because no one got the real meaning of the movie at first...
Wrong. People watched The Matrix on VHS because everyone had a VCR and DVDs were still pretty new.

>Back in the days internet wasn't... internet.. skynet.
There wasn't Google and Yahoo in 1999 but the movie "talks" about them.
Are you literally retarded? Yahoo was huge by 1999. Google, which existed since 1996, got $25 million in funding in 1999.

I think there was yahoo. At the time I used some search aggregator I cannot recall the name of atm though. I was a teenaged prisoner of aol.

Where my arts & entertainment - nirvana niggas at

kill yourself retard

You must have been a stupid kid. "what is the matrix?" was everywhere in the lead up to it coming out

Inception

no, the counter culture of our time is so politically incorrect that it can't be marketed for now

a wild nolanfag appears

lol

>look up the matrix on any movie site
>directed by lana and lilly wachowski
>mfw

looks like your fedora fell off while you were doing that ninja shit bro

>the heroes of the movie are terrorists who assault a federal building, murder cops and crash an aircraft into a skyscraper for their revolution