I know we don't always see eye to eye Cred Forums, but at least we all agree this was fucking garbage

I know we don't always see eye to eye Cred Forums, but at least we all agree this was fucking garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg
youtube.com/watch?v=8zYh1VvSryU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For once you're right user.

Star Wars has always been garbage. Imagine someone pulling SW 4-6 out and telling you to watch it without any previous knowledge. You would laugh you ass off. Your childish nostalgia isn't going to fix the old ones and for the sake of being able to watch these fucking movies 7 was the best.

That being said fuck Star Wars and Star Trek has always been better.

I kinda liked it.

It was kinda shit, wasn't it?

It was a lazy ass cash grab, so sad that nerds eat this rehashed shit up. The death star 3.0 was lame as fuck.

>The death star 3.0 was lame as fuck.

Why not for once make a massive star destroyer type ship. It would actually make fucking sense.

yep, but sadly better than the shitquels.

Ever heard of the eclipse super star destroyer? Too bad it's non cannon

As a blockbuster movie that was a reboot/sequel that was formulaic and engineered to be successful and appeal to every demographic, it wasn't that bad.
There are worse sequel, prequel, reboot and remake offenders than this.

>tfw Rebels is more entertaining

No. It's hard to keep up with all the side stories. I will say from what I've seen the fans have improved the universe more than the people writing cannon.

The Death Star 3.0 was only half way down the list of "lame as fuck" shit.
It's almost like JJ Abrahams went out of his way to see how much lame as fuck shit he could pack into 2 hours.

>JJ Abrams: Quick, get me the niggest black who will make a racial issue out of everything... and he needs to have child bearing hips.

\thread

All truth.

TFA will not age well either. There is literally nothing innovative about it. The prequels were terrible movies, but at least they were entertaining. TFA was a long boring, uneventful reboot.

Nice reddit response.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

It's like a 5/10 childrens movie that you guys have gone full contrarian over because pleb reviewers overrated it and you guys think the prequels are good.

>le reddit

Nice argument trip fag. You explain to me how a childrens movie with numerous plot holes and shit writing is any good.

Agreed

TFA wasn't made of garbage; it was made from recycled materials (i.e.: recycled the entire story from Episode IV and re-packaged). Big difference.

>childrens movie

>numerous plot holes
>shit writing

I'm surprised you said it was "shit writing" and not "stolen writing", since it's just a copy of Flash Gordon and The Hidden Fortress.

But generally Empire Strikes back corrected all the problems the first one had by hiring an actual writer, one who worked on films such as The Big Sleep and The Long Goodbye, and hiring someone with a lot more experience in directing.

As for the first Star Wars though, when everything else is so well executed, minor problems in writing and plot can be forgiven because they become secondary to the whole of the film.

With The Force Awakens, there's SO much little shit that gets in the way, it completely halts the film, other than the singular plot hole of the Death Star having such an obvious weakness.

Also

>childrens film

Hah, go neck yourself faggot. Is Wizard of Oz shit now because it was meant for kids?

P.S. Star Wars target demographics were adolescents

I had fun watching it. Imagine that!

i loved it. it made it ok to like star wars again. lucas came close to ruining the franchise, abrams saved it. sorry you can't enjoy it because it has blacks and women in it op.

Those were the least of the films problem.

Kill yourself faggot. People can like whatever they want.

it made me unironically like the prequels. especially RotS. so yeah, it was garbage.

>Hah, go neck yourself faggot. Is Wizard of Oz shit now because it was meant for kids?

Yes. Am I supposed to be a grown man watching kid's movies? Grow up you fucking queer.

>because it has blacks in it

>Yes. Am I supposed to be a grown man watching kid's movies? Grow up you fucking queer.

Well if you're commenting in this thread, then you've clearly already seen Force Awakens, so yes, you "fucking queer", other-wise shut your retarded fucking mouth and get the fuck out, lol.

>No one has younger family members/children who wants to see star wars.

K. Great counter argument.

Don't even know where to begin with this post. It's just so ideally stupid.

It's like, I think this is a troll, because of how obvious it's being, but I feel like it could be real.

No I am indeed making fun of anyone defending this shit kids movie.

If a movie's good, it's good. Target demographic has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a film.

youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

I've said it before, it was a bad charmless fan-pandering version of ANH with absolutely nothing new or interesting.

When I watched it I was mildly entertained only because parts of it reminded of ANH.

>everyone going crazy because new Star Wars
>literally no one talks about it anymore or remembers it
>gets it's ass kicked by Deadpool
>literally no ones career took off that was introduced in the movie

Hilarious

not great != garbage

It was good but disappointing. Is that so hard?

We can argue whats "good" all night but this is getting down to purely opinion and I'm tired.

*tips fedora* Good night m'lady *pulls cape swiftly and runs around the corner*

Oh, hah, I'm sure you are. I'm sure you are.

Some of us aren't insecure and don't need to posture about enjoying watching sci-fi adventure films. I'm sure you have to go back to watching your big-baby growny-up films that Quentin Tarantino makes, right? Don't forget your katana and your anime's while you're at it.

As if Leia wasn't just as much of a strong woman as Rey and Main Character in episode iv-v-vi. And wasn't society less tolerant back in the 70s?

So, would you say it was a...Glib facsimile?

(You)

It was made from god-tier material and still managed to become garbage. That's the lamest about it

...You weren't being serious right? I mean, you see how big of a fucking moron you were, right? Baselessly calling something "for children" and trying to say how much more mature you are?

That's literally about as fedora as you can get.

Come on, this kids trolling. He has to be. No one is this unaware of themselves.

>And wasn't society less tolerant back in the 70s?

That's what everyone keeps saying.

>I'm sure you are
Nice selfie fuckboy, kill yourself tripfaggot

Why are you faggots getting this sensitive over people not liking Star Wars? Sad!

It was pretty shit

Just a lazy cash grab

Star Wars is shit anyway but it still deserved a better attempt at a sequel than a New Hope remake
Though if I could make a lot of dosh and shit on nerds at the same time I would do it so I can't blame Disney

Lol, umad fedora?

Lol tripfags, when will they learn

Absolutely this.

Actually it was objectively the best Star Wars movie ever made. Its one failing point however it that it didn't fulfill the expectation of a subgroup of the core fanbase, a group that can in laymans terms be described as dickless permavirgin aspies. These individuals got a certain expectation from the film marketing which created for them an excitement and hope to live through the Kylo Ren character as a surrogate for their fantasy world of being a badass. This expectation however was shattered in a humiliating reversal wherein a character that is best summarized as a wittle gurl, bitch slapped the shit out of this Kylo Ren character who also turned out himself to be a unflattering reminder of the personality traits of said aspie hopefuls in his childish unhinged emotional outbursts.

It's best film in the franchise you fucking contrarian faggots

It had okay moments, but it was very bland. I watched the originals for the first time before watching this one and enjoyed them so much more.

I think it's one failing point is that it crammed episode 4 and 5 into one movie which made it seem rushed.

>Admiral Yularen this is General Kenobi
>This is Admiral Yularen, send traffic, break
>Admiral Yularen, requesting immediate airstrike on my position Broken Arrow, I repeat. Broken Arrow, how copy?
>This is Admiral Yularel, Broken Arrow, we copy, may the Force be with you
>*Fortunate Son starts playing*

youtube.com/watch?v=8zYh1VvSryU

>best Star Wars

Pic related my good man.

checked