Is Zack Snyder a good filmmaker?

Is Zack Snyder a good filmmaker?

Nope, and Cred Forums only "likes" him because it's a board of hipster contrarians.

I like his movies for the most part, and he uses CGI in a tasteful way.

"no"

Like destroying entire cities.

Wow, blue and orange.

Yeah, and it was done tastefully.

or did you think that was for reals?

Watchmen is pretty good and 300 is alright but everything else he's done is bad. His style is gross most the time

>he uses CGI in a tasteful way

kek!

>he uses CGI in a tasteful way.
Only if you're used to the taste of poop

Zack "Kubrick" Snyder

What videogame is this?

Your idea of tasteful is 30 minutes of numbing action in a completely grey city?

>laser means not perfectly angled at each other but still somehow deflect each other

yeah great

tbf that's how a fight between beings of that level of power would turn out in """""""real life"""""""

it's fair if you don't like that style

a fucking genius

>Cred Forums
Cred Forums doesn't

The only movies I've seen this board praise over the years is the Dawn of the Dead remake and Sucker punchwhich was only during this boards pedo epidemic

Is this real? That pan to Batman is hilarious.

>Is this real?

barely

I respect your opinion, personally that kind of action gets really really dull really really fast to me

he is great at action escenes, he sucks at story telling and character development

No

I believe he is.

However, I think it'd be best for him to tackle smaller movies after JL.

I've said it many times before but I think he could knock out a black and white silent film.

yes. He's the Kubrick of our generation. Pushing boundaries and storytelling on a whole new level. I'm glad that I lived in the same era where Zack Snyder is on his peak form.

We are truly blessed.

You know, if Snyder was really a great director he would be his own and not be compared to anyone.

You calling him Kubrick just proves Snyder doesn't have anything to him, nothing that makes him unique. He's a hack.

Snyder is the Cred Forums equivalent to JJ's reddit

I think he nails the visuals of his films but his characters could use more work, but then isn't that the responsibility of the screenwriter? I think Goyer deserves more share of the blame than he does but everyone seems to ignore him.

he's just a visionary director kid. get over it

But if he's a visionary he should be among the ranks of visionary directors.

It would make sense to say " he is among the best" and not say zack " kubrick" snyder.

If he was so unique his work would be what comes to mind first not who he reminds you of.

Kubrick was influenced by Snyder's earlier films

nailed it in the 1st post.

True

he can't even edit a scene properly

thanks yify

same here

fpbp

>oops
>one stinky dinky
>*farts*
>two stinky dinky
>*farts*
>ooohoohoooho
>*pans to batman*
>subtle "three stinky dinky" in the distance

This is Kino.

Visually his films are impressive, it's the dialogue, editing and pacing of his films that are usually poor.

>Visually his films are impressive

when will this meme die?

Watchmen showed that if he has a competent writer he's mostly fine. He does have a good eye for aesthetics.

Yes. I can understand how he may not be to everyone's tastes, but I love his films.

a fine metric for what makes a movie good

>meme

found the pleb

Searching for posts with the filename ‘SnyderPieta’. 21 results found.

>that music when Superman and Doomdsay mean mug each other

the scene is ruined when it closes up to Superman and he does a troll face but still

That music is god-tier.

Yeah right here mate

He really needs to step away from the big budget shit for a while.

I agree but it's not like it's used heavily throughout the movie. There's like only two fights in the movie which last for only a couple of minutes.

His movies look pretty but all of them are really fucking boring aside from 300.

he can be visually interesting, but as a story-teller he is very immature

I mean look at what he did to Watchmen. It's probably his best film, but he still fucked up some of the themes. The way he cast Veidt as a brooding, obvious villain really shits on the original character. And instead of a morally grey ending, he literally has Niteowl address the audience and tell us how we should feel about it.

He's the lovely combination of pretentious, yet hamfisted.

>Baby's first religious symbolism lmao

Agreed, and I would add his personalized touches, like the slow motion shit, are the worst parts of Watchmen.

Goyer fucking sucks, but Hack Snyder is still at least partially responsible for the garbage dialogue, delivery and character development.

The Cred Forums like him thing is a meme.
MOS,BvS,SS being good movies is a meme
and those threads with the retarded essays about these films are obviously bait.

Dont be a newfag. This is common Cred Forums knowledge

I
TOOOOO

In order to answer that you have to ask yourself does he make good films?

The answer is unequivocally 'no'. Only his remake of Dawn of the Dead and Watchmen can be considered "good" films.

Great at setting up shots.
Shit as a storyteller.

>still posting shitty camrip grabs

Hahah

Step it up marvelfaggot

Know what else is a meme? The lie you wake up and tell yourself every day - that you're actually smarter than most people.

That's why finding out that people saw unexpected depth in a cape movie terrifies you so much. It implies that you're nowhere near as smart as you like to think you are.

Just as weak,predictable, and unimaginative as I've come to expect.

Is this bait or falseflag?

I cant believe you are still trying to bait newfags with this tiered and old meme about DCU or Snyder films being good.

Give it a rest you are not fooling anyone.

no, he is he KINO.

Tell me about all that on-the-nose, ham-fisted, imagery that you failed to grasp. I could use a good laugh.

I fucking cant stand capeshit. Decided to watch batman vs superman ultimate edition last night. Fuck me what an absolutely dreadful peice of trash. Literally the worst movie ive seen all year.

What did you think of the allegory? You picked up on that, of course. I don't see how a patrician such as yourself could have possibly missed it.

Still trying to force this shit? what is it today, the middle east? ISIS? what reaching interpretation will you grace us with today?

Allegorical content is shit tier masturbatory tripe for art school dropouts.
Enjoy not picking up on themes and motifs that actually creative people are doing something with instead of selling toys.

Yeah, it's all a reach. You're clearly way smarter than me. You can't refute any of it in the slightest, but it's all just coincidence.

>snyderfags unironically think having a bunch of religious symbolism makes a decent 2deep4u movie

So you admit that you're reaching and that you only think that your interpretation (a deep movie needs many, intertwined btw) is the only right one because nobody proves you wrong on your autistic reaching terms. Good to know.

you mean zack practically shoving the forced religious cheap symbolism?

Its like i could hear Zack "the Hack" snyder practically talking in my ear. "Get it? Superman is like jesus lol"

If it's so autistic and such a reach, why can't you dismantle it, big guy? You sound like the kid that drops out of calculus because *it's* stupid.

You couldn't miss any harder if you were actively trying.

Because there's nothing to dismantle, it's all absurd and that's why it's a reach
>Batman is like muh middle east
>superman is like muh non religious figure that doesn't fit in God's shoes
It's all unsubstantiated garbage that you keep spewing in hopes on baiting newfags and that's all it will ever be.
And if you're serious, apply that to something other than toy commercials.

So fucking wrong. Batman's like the Middle East. That's why he's quoting Cheney to his English ally, right?

Fucking hilarious.

Oh, and by the way, there are multiple intertwined elements at play. This one's just the most obvious and accessible to non-comics fans.

>he reads comics

Think of it this way.
Most superhero movies have shit plots, but Snyder coats his shit plots with interesting visuals, so that makes his superhero movies slightly better than the other ones

Yeah, I used to. About 15 years ago. I've also read more works of non-fiction, biographies, histories, scientific papers, sci-fi/fantasy, and classic works of literature than I could even list.

How about you?

I don't see a problem. It's in motion and not a close-up shot like pic related.

think not really so

What's supposed to be so bad here?

Why was there a close up of zod's eye? Why was there an explosion when Superman hit the glass on the side of the building?

this is pretty awful, to be honest. it looks like something you'd see from B movie.

hahaha
its like some ape that think hes knows about film from Cred Forums tried to do his own version of a snap zoom

His floating/sliding head.

So you can't count to ten either?

>listing and counting are the same thing
I can count better than you can read.

It was done through extreme angles/camera framing so the CGI isn't as obviously integrated with the live action.

Battletoads. You can see one of the toads firing his laser in the bottom left.

>quips
IT'S JUST LIKE ONE OF MY MARVEL MOVIES!

This is Snyder's signature style (the pan and zoom), especially if you've seen 300 and Watchmen. Most action movies would have cut straight to Batman with no in-between frames.

have you seen the Justice League trailer? it really is now like Marvel, only worse.

Looks like Han Solo's head in the special edition when Greedo gets a shot off first.

I have and I don't want to see any more.
>that cringe-inducing Flash
>that "look at me, I'm a total bad-ass" Aquaman
Eww.

No

why the fuck was the joker a cuck anyway

Because he's DAMAGED.

Because he's Jason Todd.

BvS is The Big Combo of superhero flicks.

Required viewing, total classic, only good half the time, transcends its parts, not brilliant but still correct.

What ps2 game is this.

I love this new internet where I can't like something unless it conforms to some Facebook Reddit consensus. Do you feel good being a sycophant all the time?