You going to watch this Cred Forums...

You going to watch this Cred Forums? Don't think there have really been any solid sci-fi shows on lately and it looks kind of cool. Heard the 70's film it's based on is pretty good as well.

Fuck off, shill.

I need my Person of Interest 2: Android Boogaloo. So, this'll do.

I feel bad for Yul Brunner's ghost. Magnificent Seven and now this

>HBO
>Sci-fi
>Robots
>AI
>the dude from Silence of the Lambs

Hell yeah I'm watching this. I even re watched the original, which is rare for me because I usually never watch old films made before 2000.

how was the original?

It was okay. It didn't age very well, and the story was pretty bland. I'd give it a 6/10.

>brother nolan
>jj
>HBO
>remake of a great film
No thanks, Cred Forums

It's okay. Not great but it was an original idea that today's hack producers would never have come up with. It was parodied in that Itchy and Scratchy land episode on the simpsons.

hmm theres something similar about these shows, don't know what

Wow this review really made me think

>3 positive reviews
>one triggered feminist
Seems all is well.

white male patriarchy = destroyed

Dr. Pavel, I'm Westworld.

I'm really just curious to see where they go with the story, and if it even resembles the original movie.

They should have got the other Nolan brother.

>interstellar
>moty
I love this meme.

I'm not really sure if I'm up for another HBO show where the good characters get tormented and then killed off. The fact that JJ Abrams is attached to it puts me off. I'm sure they'll do a free weekend when it debuts. I'll watch the first one.

so it's good then?

I still find it hard to believe that these useful idiots can't see the implications of their actions.

if rape and violence against women becomes completely taboo then officially it ceases to exist. That means whenever it happens, everyone will do anything they can to ensure it gets covered up. I can't believe anyone could possibly be this fucking dense. They must be pretending to actually read about and research the history they go on about constantly

Westworld wasn't that great in execution (TO ME) but it was conceptually really cool, so I wouldn't mind seeing what someone else does with it.

I wish is wasn't just a reboot, but at this point I'll take what I can get. Hope it is good.

This. I'm reserving judgement for the first episode.

I wonder if she's ever been to South Africa before.

But in Westworld the only "women" who get mistreated are sexbots.

Only if they used Ultra Panavision 70mm for all the internal shots.

This. Nolan is literally the only reason I'm going to watch this shit tbqh

Person of Interest was the bees knees

This, in Nolan I trust

buzzword salad

What do you suppose the odds are of them casting Amy Acker as a sexbot at some point down the road? Cause that would make this show an instant 10/10

>yfw this show is a secret sequel to PoI and Root's mind gets downloaded into a robot body by the Machine

Yeah but it wouldnt really be Root tho, it was just the Machine really accurately faking Roots personality, not actually Roots personality. She's gone and shes never ever coming back

;_;

BRAVO NOLANS

I'm pretty interested

its just the one Nolan this time I think

so BRAVO NOLAN

stupid character anway what is wrong with you
you're thinking with your dick again

>Heard the 70's film it's based on is pretty good as well.
these are the people i post with on Cred Forums.
jesus fucking christ

Behead those who insult Root

>2016
>having taste this shitty

wew lad, kill yourself

Go jack off and then come back. Root was a shit character.

GET OUT

u mad

>The fact that JJ Abrams is attached to it puts me off

It'd be same with me, but he probably just got the name credit, he's definitely not involved in day-to-day operations.

Jewjew doesn't really create anything anymore, and he hasn't for a long time. He's just a very prolific producer now.

Thankfully he has no actual hand in Westworld.

>lately

The Expanse.

>bad things can't happen in fiction
>if you're not the sex/gender/race/ethnicity of whoever you're writing about in fiction you're a bigot
>if you're not the gender/sex/race of whoever you're acting as you're a bigot

Looking forward to the next 20 years of every work of fiction being bland as fuck lmao

>before 2000
>old
Cmon man, i know 16 years is older than you but that doesnt make the movie old.

This. Its pretty solid, if a bit slow on pacing

I am pretty sure no one is actually offended by any of this shit, it's all just virtue signaling, they want to seem PC in front of their friends for writing such a "woke" article.

I have to watch it because it's the only alternative to game of thrones they are offering now.

the night of was pretty good, but they need to get going on another crime series asap.

I wish they had done something like this for The Prisoner instead of what they came up with for that remake a few years ago.

The film is pretty much like The Terminator.

i hate cowboy shit so i am not gonna watch it.

Person of Interest was REALLY good for a network drama, but I feel like it's impossible for me to love network dramas now. Especially PoI where you'd expect at least some level of cursing or realistic violence. Not that these make a show good, but it's an obvious part of realism. I kept expecting it to go deeper in its exploration of AI but it never really did, it stayed shallow. I guess it'd be pretty neat if you didn't know anything about AI going in. It had to stay accessible to a wide audience, which means staying (largely) procedural and not getting too intricate.

Is this a rip off of that Ule Brenner movie where he was a robot cowboy?

Portraying violence against women isn't the same as advocating it. Drama requires the characters to suffer through adversity, often violence, to provide the story with tension. It only become legitimately sexist when this violence becomes gratuitous or it portrayed in a positive light.
They want women to have an equal part in storytelling but they don't want them facing any adversity at all?

it seems she believes it was gratuitous or exploitative

>jj
big dilemma
but maybe it will somehow turn out good, like Black Sails with Michael Bay's name on it

>never watch old films made before 2000

Christ on a stick aren't you late for school Sonny? Go on put your pants on and let the grown ups play.

>black female major league pitcher

forcing women to face adversity is sexist

found the cinematography fetishist