Why is it so widely hate yet still on?

Why is it so widely hate yet still on?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sazae-san
youtube.com/watch?v=SILFHEFrHZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=oLoyU3xYwbs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_programs_by_episode_count#Over_10.2C000_episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it isn't widely hated. You live in a bubble.

Because fox is scared of cancelling it again. It was a shitshow the first time they did it and the Internet wasn't as big as it is now.

it has a legacy to fall back on
there's still 3-4 gold jokes per episode

Nobody finds this show funny.

People with good taste hate it.

Too bad 30 million Americans have shit taste.

If you liked this show when it first aired up through season 5 or 6, fine. But around the time Seth started making movies is when this shit bag caught fire.

A wide hater does not widely hated make.

Go back to your hotpockets OP.

Same reason [insert celebrity here] is the butt of every joke yet continues to make a mark on culture and fashion while cash pours into their accounts, I figure.

The good news is I have several younger family members who are as normie as normie could be, and even they've figured out that Family Guy is absolute trash.

They like American Dad better

This plus it still gets them good ratings

This. Only the edgy contrarians on Cred Forums site feel this way.

I get at least 2-3 good cheap laughs per episode. What do you provide for anyone?

It's still profitable somehow. Just like The Simpsons.

>Fox
>leaving animated shows on for far too long after their appeal has worn off

*ahem* simpsons *ahem*

You throw a bunch of pennies to some kid chinks in a sweatshop and boom you got an animated series

>vibes

Yeah American dad is far better becuase it actually has heart same with The Cleveland Show. Even the type of laughs they show deliver are diffrent, Family Guy feels like a collection of random antidotes told through a loosely related plot

I personally don't want the Simpsons to end though I know it'd end of an era when it does it's been on for a long time, same with South Park

I've been re-watching it.

Season 3 is when it starts going downhill.

I'm on season 4 and the cut away gags are really getting bad and too plentiful.

I dunno about Cleveland Show. It's not like I've never laughed at it, but there's just nothing really there to keep from changing the channel to something that is actually consistently funny.

Family Guy said it best when he was cancelled: "Who was the show even for?"

I don't know. It has been absolute shit for a couple of seasons now

>I personally don't want the Simpsons to end though

I agree with him. Do you know how cool it would be to have a show that's been on for eternity? It would be like a universal cultural phenomenon

I don't think any of them are "haha funny" or will make me laugh out loud. That being said The Cleveland Show felt like a sitcom parody at times, what I feel like family guy should have been it wasn't great but at times was clever especially with how it played with stereotypes. I think American Dad does that far better though but I personally feel like Cleveland plays the clueless dad better than Peter becuase he actually learns from is fuck ups and isn't just a braindead trope. When I watched the Cleveland show I got it wasn't the best, but I understood it and what purpose it severed. Also Cleveland was likable and admirable.

With Family Guy It just feels like I'm watching the most lifeless and predictable characters fall into wacky situations.

Of course I know the Simpson's should end but it's the world record holder for the longest running tv show, it's a cultural icon and to have it end would be sad, I don't watch the show at all but I love the idea of the show and knowing it's still one is a nice though.

But with a cast member dead it only make sense to end it, that being said I think it should go out strong on some film or other celebratory note, I'm not stupid and I 100% understand it's overstayed it's welcome

reminder that this is Seth's best show on average.

family Guy seasons 1-4 > American dad seasons 1-6 > American dad seasons 7-present > family Guy seasons 5-present

Family guy is a show that makes no point. It's a blueprint for having as many jokes as possible crammed into a single episode. Many miss and some hit. I'll take that over jokeless shitshows with boring dialogue any day.

>Family Guy gets 10+ season
>Arrested Development gets canned after three
Fox please

because other tv is relatively even shittier?

>tfw will never get old adult swim back because of this fucking show
thanks Mike Lazzo

>I don't watch it, but I like the idea of it still being one
This is one of the stupidest fucking things I have ever read.
> but it's the world record holder for the longest running tv show
That's not even true, you fucking retard.

I think the amount of "lol edgy" jokes and the like have long since cancelled out any of the minor chuckles an episode generates. Yeah okay, Peter's a pedophile now or something... funny.

I think the whole "Stewie impregnates himself with Brian's DNA" episode best exemplifies it for me. It's like they started with an idea for a cutaway joke ("If Brian and Stewie had kids they'd be "please kill me" abominations") then decided to make a whole episode around it, focusing almost purely on how edgy and disgusting they could make it. Nevermind that the original concept wouldn't be all that funny in the first place.

Not even getting picked up by G4 could have saved it.

It was niche humor at the time which is what mad it a hard sell. Funny enough if AD came on post the office it would have worked, probably would have gotten the movie too.

Only people who hate it is Cred Forums.
Normies and reddit love it and they're the demographic.

Imagine being this mad about someone liking the longest running scripted tv show. Like it or not ending the Simpsons would be the end of a icon, like or not those yellow fuckers a huge part of american culture

First it was longest running tv show in the world, now it's longest running scripted show. Way to move the goal posts.
By the way, Sazae-san say hi.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sazae-san

>Episodes: 7,500+
how the fuck

It promotes a bad ideal to the populace, same reason why its on itv2 even though bbc three was shut down.

The public need BBC references (youtube link),and other forms of condition spoonfed to them by people in control.

youtube.com/watch?v=SILFHEFrHZ4

Seth is a dick to a bunch of people including Robin Williams when he has no cause to be, we all know how jealous he can be of real talent.

That was referencing women getting wet and one gay dude in the theater though

I feel like Family Guy isn't good

But it isn't as embarrassingly terrible as The Simpsons

Like if I'm doing something else and Family Guy is on TV I can mostly ignore it and occasionally chuckle

But if it's a Simpsons episode from the last decade or so something will inevitably draw my attention and make me go "FUCK this" and change the channel

Am I just a contrarian special snowflake or have you guys picked up on that too?

>Of course I know the Simpson's should end but it's the world record holder for the longest running tv show, it's a cultural icon and to have it end would be sad.

I could eat MRE meat in sealed cans from 1990 because i couldn't stand moving on, but god damn you have to some time.

to magic mike xxl which is literally muh dick the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=oLoyU3xYwbs

Gotta be honest, the only piece of Simpsons media I've ever cared to watch was the movie. I got the sense that it had dragged on too long even before I wanted to try my hand at watching it.

Then again, I think Futurama is curiously overrated too. So maybe I'm there with you.

Futurama past it's original FOX run is pure shit.
The 4 DVD movies they did sucked and the Comedy Central revival was pure cancer.

FART ON MEGE

fuck you.
that never gets old

I like the simpsons on in the background the I feel like Family is constantly trying to remind me it's a show for adults.

>Then again, I think Futurama is curiously overrated too.
The first 4 seasons of Futurama (original run) are god tier

because it's middle school tier humor and the kids still watch it

I grew out of it in 5th grade desu

This site is 18+, kiddo

much like the simpsons the new episodes are shit but the older ones are still gold and still get views

this

even my dad watches it, and he's 58

There are soap operas that have over 10k episodes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_television_programs_by_episode_count#Over_10.2C000_episodes