The Stand is on El Rey. Who's watching and can you dig yo man?

The Stand is on El Rey. Who's watching and can you dig yo man?

M O O N stands for he's a righteous man thread.

Here's a real question Cred Forums why can't they remake The Stand? I know people are throwing a shit fit over Elba in Dark Tower movie but Mcconaughey would kill it as Flagg in Stand remake.

M O O N spells deaf and dumb because nobody is talking to Tom Cullen.

That's a sick mullet. Why doesn't McConnegay have a sweet mullet like that?

Every fucking remake is garbage these days. Why do you want more?

> el rey
Christ I forgot that channel existed
Is it worth checking out?

Fuck yeah

Well I won't disagree but The Stand would benefit from a face lift. It is being remade why not the best King miniseries?

My second favorite King book, just barely beat out by IT.

I haven't seen the TV version since I was a kid. Is it any good?

He had a rat tail or whatever in True Detective and I didn't even like him until I watched it. I respect Mcgay now and he'd be pretty good as Flagg imo.

Flagg's actor is really charismatic and it's pretty true with some minor changes like Rae is played by Kathy Bates,Trash isn't raped, and mostly same. It's a long watch and very atmospheric.

Not enough people would care, especially King.

Forgot Nick doesn't get his dick wet with the crazy bitch in the pharmacy.

M O O N that spells moon!

LAWS, yes!

Nice. I think it's on one of streaming apps I have. Might be Prime. I'll have to watch it this weekend.

It's campy goodness. Flagg steals every scene he's in. Special effects look like shit but the characters are all too likable for that to bother you.

I've always seen pictures of that actor as Flagg and thought he looked perfect.

Like I said, I saw it as a kid, and I haven't seen it since. Might have time add it to our movie night after we watch IT.

Enjoy it's worth the watch and I really like most of Kings series made for film. Only one I didn't enjoy as much was Tommyknockers which suprised me. Langoliers is pretty atmospheric but kinda cheesy as well so if you haven't watched that enjoy.

>Might have time
You'll need like six hours.

Thanks for the recommendation, brother.

We hang out till the wee hours of the morn, so we might actually be able to get through both.

Check out Cat's Eye for Quitters Inc If you haven't seen that either. James Woods steals it and the smoking montage is awesome.

Fucking A I've seen it! I saw that before I read the short story as a kid.

That image of him kicking the bag stuck with me. I was terrified of what was going to roll out.

Also the oddly cute troll that tries to steal little Drews breath. Loved it as a kid. Still do.

HAVE A SMOKE. The ledge was pretty good and I like the Christine&Cujo cameos. Don't care much for the troll trying to steal Barrymore's soul. I still don't understand why the cat saw the girl in the store window.

I might be mistaken on Christine because I haven't rewatched in a while.

>I'm 106 years old and can make my own thread.

What did she mean by this?

Molly Ringwald is cute as fuck and Harold is a cuck and doesn't get any pussy.

Why is Flagg so cool? What was Captain Trips made for anyway? In the book he ends up on a shore after god does his thing and does he actually remember the events of The Stand? Why does Nadine's hair slowly get whiter as time passes until it happens?

Captain Tripps was basically a super distilled version of the common cold. Our scientists were working on germ warfare basically, even though we signed documents saying we weren't.

He doesn't usually remember everything, just some things. Flagg is close to being immortal, but not quite.

I always thought it was stress that turned her hair white, or something supernatural leaving a mark on her.

Not that user but worth reading the book? Is it worth buying physical? Is there an app or something to read books for free because fuck buying digital, something about a well aged book feels and smells good.

>luchadoor wrestling
>Dusk Til Dawn the Series
>kungfu movies all the time
>horror movies all the time
>Godzilla and other giant monster movies all the time
>action movies a good amount
>westerns a good amount
>80's and 90's forgotten science fiction, action, and horror tv shows all the time
>little to no infomercials

El Rey is probably my favorite channel just because theres almost always something worth watching on there

Absolutely. You know how to have those films that you can watch every year. Or put on when it's storming outside and you're all alone, curled up on the couch watching.

Well, to me, the Stand and IT are that in book formy.

Now, The Stand is a fucking monster of a book. So you need to devote some time to it if you're actually going ton give it a whirl.

I think you'll be glad you did if you do though.

And it's completely worth buying physical. I have two copies. One hardback, and my beater paperback from the 80s.

Same nigga if something I just want to listen to is on I'll listen. I'm hype for the horror they play next month.

I love a thick book and I'll stop watching tv or playing vidya just to read at least a couple of chapters for a month. I'm going to try and find a cheap copy soon because I like Kings adaptations and never read any of them in that case.

Im a sucker for monster movies and since I was little I've been a fan of Silver Bullet.

Its not the best of Kings movies but its a personal favorite and the book its based on is just different enough to make a fun read as well, not to mention its just a bit over 100 pages and his fantastic illustrations of the werewolfs attacks

>I looked for a copy of the book for ages at all the various used bookstores for miles and never found a copy
>decide to attend a local little comic book convention for shits and giggles
>original paperback edition for 50 cent

Nothing will benefit from a face lift. Appreciate it for what it is and leave it alone.

the sad thing is eventually someone will get the bright idea to start rebooting all of the King based movies and miniseries, especially if IT is a major success.

I can easily see a Maximum Overdrive or The Stand reboot turning into a grade A shit show

Maximum Overdrive is the one about electronics attacking Emilio Estevez right?

Silver Bullet is underrated.

M O O N that spells bump