What are Lucasfilm & Fox going to do for the 40th Anniversary next year?

What are Lucasfilm & Fox going to do for the 40th Anniversary next year?

probably release Star Wars Episode 8

George will confirm that Darth Jar Jar is true and he will release his own scripts for Episodes 7, 8, and 9 that will be so good that they will blow Disney Star Wars out of the water.

>yfw he's making his own episodes and will release them when he dies.

>40 years
>to release part 8

Why does this franchise move so slow?

Problem is the old EU used a lot of his ideas for the 7 8 and 9 movies, they just were written by worse writers for the most part.

>yfw George sets up a kickstarter for his own star wars films

>4 straight hours of a romance plot between Han Solo Jr and unnamed combat oriented princess.

>The setting of their romance is a war in which a bunch of toys and action figures can be made.

I sometimes wish Lucas did make the next Star Wars so he can finally confirm to all you fools what a huge craven greedy hack he really is.

>worse writers

Alan Dean Foster, Timothy Zahn, or James Luceno probably could have written a better Star Wars prequel trilogy than George Lucas.

Veitch, Traviss, and whoever writes that Darth Krayt bullshit are even worse than George Lucas, which is quite an achievement

Guys, listen. Pls get over the trilogy presequels. What is supposed to seem interesting for characters with endings already established?

They're better than betraying the characters people grew to love.

Make a remake of it.
Oh wait

So he can sell the same movies over and over again via remasters and editions

The Old Republic would have been a great setting for new movies without fucking with the OT.

Hopefully a bluray release of the original theatrical version.

Behead all the original actors in a public square then burn their bodies as a sacrifice.

I saw the release in 1997.

This.

Not happening.

20th Century Fox own the rights to ESB and ROTJ until 2010, then they will revert back to LucasFilm.

But Fox will own A New Hope FOREVER. So if Disney want it to release it, they will have to come to some kind of deal with Fox.

Not impossible, the rights to the Batman 60s TV series was eventually sorted out. So if there's money to be made, there WILL be a deal, but probably not until 2020 at the earliest.

That should read 2020 not 2010.

Fucking fone making me look spastic.

This. Some elements of KOTOR are still considered canon - Mandalorians, that planet with the Sith temple right before the Star Forge - so I'm holding out hope that Revan might actually show up in an Old Republic spinoff or something...

Disney gonna fucking release the originals on BD.