So here's my idea. All good movies MUST have a gun. There's no good movies without any kind of guns...

So here's my idea. All good movies MUST have a gun. There's no good movies without any kind of guns. You don't need a shooting, just the presence of firearms.

I'm not saying movies with guns ARE good, I'm saying, if a movie is good, chances are it has guns. Now, there are probably bad movies with guns, that's for sure.

What do you think? Name 1 good movie without guns.

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/Trainspotting
youtube.com/watch?v=pQD-dXfHrvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2001: A Space Odyssey

12 angry men

Lord of the Rings

The guards at the courthouse have guns, also the knife is a proto-gun.

The Borderlands

The Lord of the Rings

Kubo and the Two Strings was breddy gudd

Citizen Kane

>LOTR
>good

The orks have a bomb.
Bomb is a kind of gun.

This certainly doesn't apply to every movie, but I have to admit, you may be on to something in a Bechdel-esque eye-opening way

Overrated garbage for wannabe patricians, not real movies

Literally who knows this film?

Objectively shit

I used to have a test to see if a movie was good. It needed four things:
A babe.
A gun.
An animal.
An explosion.

It worked for me when I was a teenager, but once I actually started getting a taste in films and realised all the Transformers movies passed the test, I knew the test was broken.

Anyway:
>Amelie
>The Straight Story
>The Right Stuff
>Mean Girls
>Excalibur
>Philadelphia

If a movie passes the Bechdel test then it's probably a shit movie.

>Overrated garbage for wannabe patricians, not real movies
Lol fuck off

>that gay list
lmao

also Amelie had a gun

I just want to let you know that you have terrible taste and nobody takes you seriously, here or in real life

>also Amelie had a gun
When?

Eraserhead
Enemy (2014)
Trainspotting
The Holy Mountain
Solaris
Lost In Translation
Enter The Void

Not true. Plenty of great movies pass it, plenty of shit movies pass it. There's actually not much of a correlation. And it was intended as a joke anyway.

Twilight

All shit
Nice dubs btw

Trainspotting has guns retard

imfdb.org/wiki/Trainspotting

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Yeah, that's because 90% of the movies have a gun, and you call the rest overrated garbage.

>So here's my idea. All good movies MUST have a dead guy or someone on deathbed

They could have easily fixed the movies by having a scene where Sam is like "Hey Frodo, you strapped?" and Frodo flashes his Glock. Or maybe in one scene there's an extra in the background just fiddling with an assault rifle.

This is probably one of the worst movies ever. It's extremely overrated and not funny at all, unless you are... I don't know. I really don't know why people enjoy its humor.

>Trainspotting
youtube.com/watch?v=pQD-dXfHrvk

Trainspotting has the scene where they shoot the dog but it's an air rifle. Also 90% sure there's at least one actual gun in the movie prolly when they do the deal in london or something.
Enter the Void is awful 420 garbage trash bags and the pov dude got shot really early friendo

>You don't need a shooting, just the presence of firearms.
Chekhov's gun my man

>name good movies without guns
>people name good movies without guns
>n-n-no they are n-not really good

Glengarry glen ross.

Suspiria
Winter Light
Putney Swope
The Lost Weekend

So, every good movie in your opinion has a gun.
That's a different a thing

I think movies not set in the modern age should be exempted.

American detected

this is the same argument dumb people apply against citizen kane, replacing humor with story, funny with interesting

Anything by Pixar

So youre going to say every exemple is shit? Well sure, go ahead

Apocalypto
36 Chambers of Shaolin
Five deadly venoms
Flying Daggers
Fist of Fury (at least I dont recall it)
Samurai Assassin
A serious man
etc etc etc

Thanks for proving my point, Cred Forums. After seeing the examples of "good movies" without guns, I can safely assume, at least for me, the guns test works perfectly.

I'm gonna start applying now before watching anything. You enjoy your Pixar films and chinese kung fu gay shit lol

The Social Network

See . The Bechdel test doesn't really work as a gauge of how good a movie is, it's more of a "huh, makes you think" device to make you realise just how many movies fail it despite how simple it is. This gun thing ia similar; it seems absurd, so you think of a movie to disprove it, and you realise than an overwhelming amount of films do contain a weapon, even unused, at some point.

Paris Texas

Every good movie includes at least one police and/or military vehicle.
Go ahead, mention some good film without police and/or military vehicles!

this

Hoop Dreams

Almost all of these are period pieces.

Good taste

Hannah takes the Stairs

This is somewhat valid, and if the film has automatic weapons or rifles I would say its potential for greatness increases.

>Enter the Void
>shot to death in a bathroom stall

Did you even watch the movie mate?

OP here, this is the first movie mentioned that I actually enjoy. Probably a weird exception.

The man who wasnt there
Equus
Wolf on Wall street (I think...?)
Angel's Egg
Spirited way
Wings of desire
Raging bull (possible gun, cant recall)
Birdman
The Shining

t. amerishoot

Airplane! has two, one in a picture and one almost unnoticable

Excalibur

Isn't this the joke from the Office where Michael goes to an improv show instead of Jim's party?

The Swiss Army man

>Birdman
Isn't that the movie where the character shoots his face off.

Birdman has a couple, the other don't though

gran torino

Your completely right.
Wolf on wall street includes police officers so they might be carrying guns in their belts in some scenes too.

The Shining is another good exception.

So far we have:
- The Shining
- Social Network
- Paris, Texas

Harry potter is the gun

Might? So what's the point really? Consider number of guns per capita in US. Everyone MIGHT CC.

It's just pure /k/ autism at that point.

Rocky

>think of my favorite comedies
>they all have guns

Is there a funny comedy without a gun?

>The Holy Mountain
>doesn't have guns
There's literally like a montage of Electric Guitar Guns, Crucifix Guns, and Buddha Guns

Also like user said, Enter the Void the whole fucking plot of this depends on a gun

There's no shootout in Wall Street, yet there are a couple of weapons (collectibles displayed at Gemmo's studio)

Same goes with A Fish Called Wanda, although some guns get fired

So I guess you are sort of right

I mean might as in "if I rewatch the scenes while paying attention to the police, then guns might be clearly visible" not might as in "that guy might be carrying a gun beneath his jacket"

These are the films without guns that you like, yeah. For me its literally dozens, even though most of my very favorite ones do have guns in them.

dodgeball?

I was going to aggree with you, then you called Citizen Kane an overrated movie.

Your opinion gets discarded

Well that means you have shitty taste, sorry man.

This.

Shrek
Shrek 2
Kingdom of Heaven
All three LOTR movies
Troy

Just stop posting man. First of all, medieval/fantasy shit is bad by default.

And please, do not post movies for children. You are a grown up man, aren't ya?

>Shrek
A Crosbow is a weapon. Not a firearm, but really deadly

Amadeus

Taken from a man who dislikes every movie that takes place before industrial times just because he needs to see a gun every now and then to keep his focus.

Where do you draw the line by the way? Does flint lock rifles count as guns? What about cannons?

The Dark Crystal

Hot Rod.
Wayne's World + 2

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on Cred Forums. I sincerely hope you are joking.

flintlock yes, cannons no.

if you can carry it and it has powder, it's a go

>All three LOTR movies
Why didn't they have flintlocks, matchlocks or canons in LOTR? They had bombs.

lord of the rings

Being a cynical fuck spouting the cringeworthy "patrician/plebian" meme and shitting on everyone's picks without offering any of your own doesn't make you an intelligent film buff, it makes you an ass tumor with no real taste

Poltergeist

>Bomb is a kind of gun.
Prove it.

Well its pretty easy to create a rule like this when you use yourself as the gold standard and just say you dislike everyone examples.
In other words, this is stupid and I need to study.

suddenly

if you need to study it seems you are the stupid one

Deep Red

Step Brothers

>medieval/fantasy shit is bad by default.
Maybe it's you who should stop posting.

name one good movie with gun

suddenly

Please join us tomorrow for the thread "Every good movie needs to have cigarettes or cigars in them"!

>Wall Street
>barbarians at the gates
>honey I shrunk the kids
>jungle 2 jungle
Those are the only ones that come to mind

Sunshine
Braveheart
Birth

Gun make baby explosion, bomb make big explosion.