Saruman: If the wall is breached, Helm's Deep will fall

>Saruman: If the wall is breached, Helm's Deep will fall.
>Wormtongue: Even if it is breached, it will take a number beyond reckoning, thousands, to storm the keep.
>Saruman: Tens of thousands.
>Wormtongue: But, my lord, there is no such force.
>[they go out onto the balcony, and see an army of ten thousand Uruk-hai]

10,000 is such an insignificant number.

What was Peter Jackson thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XPY__uo2eKQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10,000 is insignificant but "tens of thousands" isn't

You realise that at the time (irl) that LotR is based of, an army of 2-3 k would be considered pretty big and 10k+ would be ginormous

he says ten thousand

They needed a number they'd actually be able to make bigger in the sequel

Timur's horde was like half a million horse archers and it was exceptionally huge and only because being a raiding horse archer was literally their culture. When your people and army aren't the same thing you get much more modest numbers, armies are expensive.

10000 men was quite large for medical or antique warfare.

Are you deaf? He says "tens of thousands."

Medieval. Fuck

10K irl during the medieval era is pretty huge if I'm not mistaken. so the army size in LOTR is correct. there aren't that many people compared to modern times where a country like America can muster hundreds of thousands of soldiers.

>half a million horse archers blotting out the sky

that doesn't sound fun.

10,000 was actually quite a big army in the middle ages

its middle earth not the middle ages you retard

why didn't the Nazgul fly over to the keep?

isn't "tens of thousands" implying a number way beyond just "ten thousand" which the size of the army actually turned out to be?

i mean it's plural right so you'd expect at least 20.000 or 30.000 uruk hai to be in this army from what saruman is saying

what was he thinking?

Two Towers
>10k soldiers is fuckhuge, everybody is in shock
Return of the King
>lol 200k warriors nothin personnel kid
Peter Hackson.

Nazgul were at Minas Morgul making ready to lay siege to Minas Tirith.

also the Lothlorien Elves would've fuck their shit up.

Regardless of whether it was tens of thousands or just 10,000 --- 10k alone is a more than reasonable number to destroying Helm's Deep. When it was all said and done Helms Deep had probably fewer than 1k defending

What do you mean? Everyone was terrified.

>When it was all said and done Helms Deep had probably fewer than 1k defending
Yup. At the battle it was something like 2000 man (plus elf and dwarf) vs 10000 uruks, and then Gandalf with another 1000 riders joins the battlefied.

Don't they specifically say 300 vs 10000?

youtube.com/watch?v=XPY__uo2eKQ

Not sure if it pops up in the books, but the movie makes it clear.

The elves also show up, there were quite a few of them.

I think it was 300 men, 200 elves and some kids helping

I think Eomer's army was 1000 men

Considering battles have been won with less then 500, 10,000 is overkill

it was 10000 uruks, 300 rohan fighters, an unknown amount of elves (200 is a good guess i think) and eomer came with 2000 riders

Elves werent at hornburg u tards

Wormtongue was actually an illiterate that didn't know how to count, but as he did in the rest of his life he talked big to compensate.

they were in the movie.

It's more than 10'000 Aragon states after seeing the army "10'000 strong ATLEAST"

But Timur didn't have a standard professional army like Genghis Khan. He had a small army on pay the rest of the year but for the most part he relied on levies, ribal horsemen and mercenaries with the promise of plunder.

>that doesn't sound fun.

Not if you're the horse archer

Middle-Earth is actually before the middle ages

Isn't Lord of Rings set a long time before the medieval time, like isn't it Europe in 10,000 BC or something?

Does a single elf survive?

How did Wormtongue, who is cooped up in the tower with nothing to do except look out of the quite prominent windows at the majestic panorama outside, not notice a handy army of tens of thousands of orca standing outside?

No, it is it's own world.
Pure fantasy,no equivalents to our world, even the racist stuff.

kek

They were underground, arming themselves.

Have you ever watched the movie? You can see even in first one that almost all uruks lived underground until called to action.

You can't see any at the end

Something about this always bugged me

No, it's meant to be the mythology of Western Europe
U r rong

Main bad guy: Sauron

Secondary bad guy: Sauron-man

Bravo Jackson,
Bravo.

>Lots of them survived - movie vise - they retreated into the Glittering caves. One of them is dragging Gimli in there. So you bet at least he surviced (the elf dragging Gimli, as well as Gimli of course), - the other dragging Elf was legolas, so I guess he made it too.

It was actually in the manuscript: surviving men and elves retreat to the caves.

Apparently. I havent watched the two towers in a long time but I remeber it as the best in the lotr trilogy and a legit 8/10 movie.

Ten thousand is not a large host, it's pretty average. Caesar had 30,000 for his campaigns in France. The French had 20k at agincourt.

>Saruman
>A bad guy

He knew the only way to defeat Sauron was to first Unite Middle Earth against him through force under his own rule.

Sending the ring into Mordor was a stupid move that had a far higher chance of failure than success and only succeeded through chance.

Gandalf should've seen it coming

Maybe it takes place in a different setting?

Middle Earth at the time of the films seems to be pretty desolate and sparsely populated. An army of 10,000 men was probably at the higher end of things.

Also he might have been talking specifically in relation to Rohan. 'There is no such force at our disposal that we can use right now against Helms Deep'

Not to a huge empire like they make the bad guys out to be.

Why don't you fedoralords just read about real history instead of fake gay elf history? Hundreds of different wars, battles, cultures, fortresses to read about and you choose to learn about made-up shit instead.

Valhalla also is mythology of Europe that doesn't mean it's Europe you fucking retard

10,000 vs what must be less than 500 at first?
you'd think the 10,000 would fuck them up good

Ten thousand still is a large number to acquire in like a week out of thin air basically.

>bravo Jackson
>Jackson
>not Tolkien

mfw Saruman is the hero Middle-Earth deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

I don't care what anybody says. The Middle Earth Justice League in Five Armies was badass.

Everything about the hobbit movies was utter rubbish

how comes wormtongue didnt notice the huge ass army in front of the tower?

As a lover of stupid kung-fu and wuxia movies it had some nice battles and duels

BUILD WALL