So I am a little late, but why is this so great?

So I am a little late, but why is this so great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ye5hCxUZ4Qw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dude as soon as I finished watching it, the only thing I wanted to do is watch it again

best show ever made by far

It's set in the boom of the advertising industry, which was enough to hook me in. When the art of manipulating the masses into buying a product was in its infancy. Characters are compelling too.

What a boring show, but least I got one waifu out of it

OP here. Me too. I haven't yet though. Does it have good rewatchability? Why do you think it's boring?

Zoobi Zubi Zoo!

Betty was hotter

Because Megan is Sharon Tate

Yeah if you are into fat cunts.

Does that make Betty Marylin Monroe ?

Because one genius oversaw it all, closer than any series ever. Weiner wrote the wide majority of episodes, ensuring a consistent vision and tone. it was his story throughout, not random writers. It's the greatest character piece with about 10 fully fleshed out characters, amazing acting, themes, direction. It's just a top class production.

I look forward to more work by Weiner. Do you think he will be a one hit wonder, or what?

He just announced a novel, which should be good. His movie is odd. There's some of his brilliance in it, but it doesnt gel.

Name of novel and movie?

Heather, The Totality
Are You Here

It is highly rewatchable. There are multitudes of subtleties, references, and callbacks that I only noticed on repeated viewings.

Just the absence of most traditional or formulaic exposition alone gives the viewer a fun change to play detective, regarding little details in the set, or the background activity of major & minor characters…

…if you're into that kind of thing, at least. I am.

agreed

Ohh. If you are talking about Are You Here? I watched it before Mad Men and did enjoy it very much, but I understand what you mean about it not gelling. He said in an interview that it was a bit rushed. Would love to read his novel though.

The movie gave me a Micheal Chabon feel.

I am veryuch into that, it's hard to find decent shows that are rewatchable though. I only have 5 or so that I do that with. Thanks

>liam neeson.jpg

as a drama it was ok, but I really enjoyed the little touches

like throwing an empty beer can off into the distance while at a picnic in a park, this is something my father always did without guilt, now you wouldn't really consider doing this

or those little halloween decorations at the end of the show, my mother still has those exact same decorations

I finished it last night and I don't know what to do now. I almost want to start watching it again. What a beautiful piece of work, so many feels.

Obviously see The Sopranos if you haven't

Why the fuck was throwing beer cans around in parks acceptable?

>having a shit dad

lmao @ ur life

Finished it the other day

Just watch it fàm.

difficult question to answer, but I think that trash output is a product of total population, which has definitely gone up

the entire idea of being conscious of the effects of trash buildup definitely wasn't in the public consciousness

if you were through with a beer, you just threw it out the window hard enough that it didn't hit the back of your car

pre conservation movement/earth day

I'm also almost finished with that, just haven't gotten around to it. Gotta let the feelings settle from Mad Men though.

I think you had feral family and are projecting to wider society.

then why did the writers make don draper do it

I think you're very likely too young to understand that more changes in the world than just technology, it was a more relaxed time because morals were stronger in all races and classes

all the 'progress' that this nation has endured was fought bitterly at every juncture, just exactly as it is now with (whatever today's moral crisis is)

I've tried three times over the past 5 years to get into this show but it's just so boring.

I loved The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, all that shit, but nothing happens in this and everyone is irredeemably hateable.

When did he do this? I remember a picnic scene with pre-divorce Don and Betty but it looked like the middle of nowhere. I seriously doubt high class people in the 60's were throwing trash around like nothing in populated areas.

cool story bro

It was a park.

I was sad that it was going to end, and this was when I was watching season 4. Is there any more I can get out of it or is that it? If you know what I mean

Weiner spoke about this on a podcast, can't remember which one now. He didn't explain why they did it, just that people used to leave their rubbish behind thoughtlessly after a picnic back then.

Yeah, people have to understand. Around the 60s you had maybe 3.5 billion people in the world. Recycling wasn't really a thing back then. The outputs of trash weren't as big back then. Sure on metropolitan and heavy populated areas. But lets say a park, the laws of it probably weren't that severe and they most likely had people cleaning up whatever little trash people left.

He's my guy. T-toodle-oo

Same here.

Got through the first 4 seasons of The Shield which were essentially buildup for the craziness of the rest of that show but I can't get through the second season of Mad Men (barely got through the first)

Don fucked up marrying Megan over Faye

youtube.com/watch?v=ye5hCxUZ4Qw
one of the best scenes in the series.

>tfw Don will never go to prison for murdering the greatest character on Mad Men

i think i like the characters in mad men more than those in any other show
it took a while for them to grow on me though

This

>nothing happens
That's The Sopranos.
Mad Men is kinda like The Sopranos, but with better character development.

After watching the first episode I realized it was a caricature of what pc lefties think the sixties were like.
After watching the second episode I realized this was a soap for women and lost the last bit of interest I had.

>the carousel
i cry evry tiem

Hang yourself please

Lane was my favourite

closely followed by Ken

I don't know why I liked Ken so much

The 60s were objectively the GOAT decade

>but nothing happens in this and everyone is irredeemably hateable.
>I loved The Sopranos

I don't think you got the show

Oh, Jesus!

>you will never have a mean left hook like Lane

Why live?

Almost done with season 2. Is this autist one of us?

Most emotionally satisfying show I've seen.

HELL'S BELLS, user!

Short answer, yes.
He's the hero they need

>this whole scene
my heart melted