Watch horror flick

>watch horror flick
>it's actually horror kino

how did Paul W. S. Anderson do it?

It was his District 9.

He made one good film and everything since has been shit.

Comfy shit maybe with Mortal Kombat but still shit

considering the rest of his "career" it really makes you think

This movie has mostly terrible reviews

What's so good About it? It's posted all the damn time lately

>one good film
D9 was Blomkamp's first feature. Prior to EH, Anderson directed Shopping (a pretty good indie flick) and Mortal Kombat (pretty good for its time, too).

Also good was the original Resident Evil, so my theory is he started fucking Milla Jovovich and she is a succubus who stole all his talent away with her demon vagina.

>lately

>caring about reviews

>someone posts a movie on Cred Forums
>i'm going to read a bunch of Amazon reviews before I post about it

Who do you trust, user? Amazon or Cred Forums?

You can find a negative review of anything.

>we will never get the original NC-17 cut

It hurts

nothing, pw anderson is a hack, it's a shitty ripoff of better sci-fi/horror movies, some people still get some enjoyment out of it for what it is

Unlike you plebs, I cut out my eyes before watching Event Horizon for the authentic experience.

Do they grow back?

It's a meme you dip.

No, but it was extremely painful.

The idea was great, a spaceship traveling to another dimension which is essentially evil, returning and bringing that evil back with it.

The end result however is very lackluster, I did like the first half of the movie, and Sam Neill is always a strong presence on screen, but beyond that and some cool 'gothic tech' designs, the latter half is just 'meh'.

RE movies print money and Paul "the good one" Anderson likes money.

>there will never be a good 30K movie

why even live

The film has mostly negative reviews, is this situation similar to The Thing? You know, panned by critics upon release, moving to one of the best of its kind decades later.

Is sci fi the most vulnerable genre to that kind of situations?

The Thing is actually good. Event Horizon could have been good, but it's marred by horrible early CGI and cheesy acting.

>Captain Larry Fishburne sees a video tape of the crew going through literally hell
>pauses
>"We're leaving"

What was he supposed to say, "hey this looks fun, let's wait until we all go insane and start ripping eachother apart"?

Where we are going, you won't need big eyes

Nah, in a lot of other movies there'd be some argument about whether it was real or not, or he'd tell someone freaking out to calm down, or he'd insist on finishing the mission.

He makes the totally reasonable choice and it's kinda rare in horror movies

>horrible early CGI
It was mostly practical effects, the only real clunky CGI is the zero g shot

>cheesy acting
get out

DooM 3: The Movie

I just want a space Lovecraft movie where Jeffrey combs and Sam Neil fuck

>Who do you trust, user? Amazon or Cred Forums?

Clearly Amazon

still waiting for the uncut version.

>but it's marred by horrible early CGI and cheesy acting.

Are you sure you didn't switch up Thing and Event Horizon in your post?

Because Thing is full of cheesy shitty 80s acting and doesn't hold up AT ALL today.

Fuck You.

Its a good film you twat

Struck a nerve?

>cringeworthy nigger cook rollerskating
>awful pacing
>cheesy dialogue
>cheesy Kurt Russell

>awful pacing
lel

There's a website more suited to your tastes, you may have heard of it: 'reddit'

There's already an Event Horizon thread. I am loyal to the other thread so this will be my last and only post in this thread. Goodbye forever

>le leddit boogeyman

Nice counterarguments.

The Thing is an objectively worse watch today than Event Horizon.

Fuck, Alien 3 is better than The Thing.

I like the thing and event horizon, they're both good movies

>The Thing is an objectively worse watch today than Event Horizon.
Only if you're a pleb.

By using patrician source material

the thing and event horizon are both equally good horror, everyone knows this, if one is better than the other in your eyes, it's merely your subjective opinion and not fact, unlike what i just said

stop being willfully contrarian just to piss the dumber anons off, you fucking twats

WH40k the movie

it was already covered in the other thread that 40k is one big spitball of concepts, so of course it overlaps with muh blackhole is really hell, which people were fucking around with long before either property came into existence

your bait tastes like shit faggot

Sex with your mum: the flick

I actually think it's underrated. The first half has a really great creepy build up feel to it. Plus the idea of a ship returning from another dimension (aka hell) on the outer rim of the solar system is fun.

Last I checked a VHS copy of the original NC-17 cut was found and is currently in possession of the director. I really hope he gets it transferred to DVD asap and has it used as a extra for a future release. (The actual film footage is sadly long gone, so it could not be reassembled in HD)

This.
True kino connoisseurs recognize the qualities of both films.

lol

It's a mediocre film at best.

this movie is really bad.

its quite awful actually

Why are you so mean? ;_;

obvious samefag

Doom was Doom 3 the movie you autismal nigger

most retarded fucking idiot on Cred Forums today

your opinion is worth less than the grime between the toes of an irishman sir

well, Cred Forums tricked me into some shit movies

I'm still mad/tv/ bamboozled me into synecdoche and almost the tree of life

For you

That VHS with the extended hell scenes better get released in my lifetime

ill kill myself if it doesnt

>VHS
what is this, 1997?
there are people on TV right now who are too young to remember VHSes

>tfw DVDs came out and everybody made jokes about make sure you rewind it at the end

>Also good was the original Resident Evil
haha what

>Paul W.S. Anderson is bad meme

>*sees fucked up shit*
>*pauses*
>"We're leaving"
>"Captain... don't do this."
>"It's done."
>"What about my ship? You can't just leave her!"
>"I have no intention of leaving her, Doctor. I will take the Lewis and Clark to a safe distance, and then I will launch TAC missiles at the Event Horizon until I'm satisfied she's vaporized. Fuck your ship!"

>145XXX king of Cred Forums image
LOL

I recently watched MOON since there is space theme on sky ,is this ment to be any good ? I really fancie watching it but don't wanna waste my time

Best shit in a horror movie ever.
I love when characters are smart enough to actually get the fuck out when shit starts getting wierd or horrifying.