We went too far, and we can't go back

Disney has officially confirmed that The Walt Disney Studios and director Jon Favreau are putting a new reimagining of The Lion King on the fast track to production. The project follows the technologically groundbreaking smash hit The Jungle Book, directed by Favreau, which debuted in April and has earned $965.8 million worldwide.

The Lion King builds on Disney’s success of reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and The Jungle Book. The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017. Like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King will include songs from the animated film. Disney and Favreau are also in development on a sequel to The Jungle Book. No release date has been announced for either film.

The Lion King (1994) is one of the biggest animated films of all time with a lifetime global box office gross of $968.8 million, including $422.8 million domestically. It won Academy Awards for the original song “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” (Elton John, Tim Rice) and original score (Hans Zimmer), plus two Grammy Awards, with the soundtrack selling over 14 million copies. In 1997, the stage production The Lion King made its Broadway debut, winning six Tony Awards; 19 years later, it remains one of Broadway’s biggest hits alongside several other productions running around the world, including London, Hamburg, Tokyo, Madrid, Mexico City, Shanghai, and North America. Translated into eight different languages, its 23 global productions have been seen by more than 85 million people across every continent except Antarctica. The Lion King’s worldwide gross exceeds that of any film, Broadway show or other entertainment title in box office history.

>insidethemagic.net/2016/09/a-new-re-imagined-the-lion-king-movie-coming-from-disney-and-jon-favreau/

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disney-confirm-lion-king-remake-8932781
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-lion-king-disney-confirms-live-action-movie-is-in-the-works-a7335226.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Dmt45BF5SOM
youtube.com/watch?v=_GP5_NQ_LEs
youtube.com/watch?v=5oaA5ELzsb0
youtube.com/watch?v=Uh3dO3IzWtw
hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-developing-live-action-mulan-784892
youtube.com/watch?v=JWk0O8tLtPE
youtube.com/watch?v=tO94nUP6keI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just fuck my childhood up famm

Jon is going to fly too close to the sun

having said that, will the hyenas still be african-american?

JUST in case people need better sources, news is popping up everywhere at the moment.

>mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/disney-confirm-lion-king-remake-8932781
>independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/the-lion-king-disney-confirms-live-action-movie-is-in-the-works-a7335226.html

The end of times is near.

>african american

no
pls
pls no

>CGI lions talking to each other

It'll look like shit

At least it's not Aladdin.

They will be white supremacists with redneck accents this time around.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's probably next

HYPERBOLE
BACKLASH
DISAPPOINTMENT
PROFIT

Aladdin has a musical adaptation now. It's just a matter of time.

I'm genuinely amazed that Disney are going so full retard right now.

They'll be Afrikaners.

Why is it called "live action" if the movie is gonna be 99% cgi?

that's racist

Staring

>The upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson as Belle, is already one of the most anticipated movies of 2017
what

No!

They are most likely going to drop the cartoon art style and go with the modern cgi

They are most likely going to make this filled with political bullshit

They're going to cut out the best parts out to not hurt anyone's feelings

amirite

Long live Mufasa

Hyped as FUARK desu senpai.

Jungle Book was one of my favorites of the year and honestly made it into my top 5 of all time.
If Disney wants to do this, let 'em yo. Aint nothing wrong with watching a new generation be captivated by this magic.

Go back to Cred Forums

>They're going to cut out the best parts out to not hurt anyone's feelings
Is there anything in the original that wouldn't fly in the current year?

Why, nigga

I came here to talk about cool shizz I enjoyed and you literally cant tell me what to do. Don't be a bully dude....really not cool...

Only if they get James Earl Jones and Jeremy Irons to reprise their voice roles.

WITH THE LIGHTS OUT

>desu senpai
who the fuck writes this shit
get back to rëddit faglord

>not knowing the filters imposed on to be honest family

spoken like a true tourist from reddit

>faglord

Who writes this shit?

>tfw they add human characters

What's the fucking point? Either they'll shove in out of place human characters or they'll make the exact same movie but this time it'll be CGI instead of hand-drawn animation. I don't see how Disney can justify this blatant cashgrab.

of all the disney films to remake, they went with this? why not aladdin or mulan?

so is it gonna be a musical? will they bring back the original voice actors? what about the score?

It's about a young male reclaiming his heritage by throwing out an invading group which has corrupted his land.

Trump : The Movie

What did she mean by this?

This. but give them time

Was I the only one who didn't at all care for the live action Jungle Book?

Like, I left the theater thinking I'd find people dismissing it as an unnecessary cashgrab at best, but for some reason people consider it a masterpiece?

I don't really get it.

>Toy Story 4 is still happening

I want to fuck that lioness.

>the remake ends with the lions and hyenas sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya

Screenplay by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack.

The new Jungle Book was good because the old one was kind of shitty when you look back on it. However, Lion King definitely still holds up and isn't even that old, so what's the point besides the obvious cashgrab?

Will Jeremy's Iron still voice Scar?

>the old one was kind of shitty when you look back on it.

Wrong.

GOAT Disney song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=Dmt45BF5SOM

Kill me

After having just seen the new Tarzan movie, this scenario is far from impossible.

Despite Disney using explicit Nazi imagery for the villains, there's no denying that the spirit of the movie is very völkisch. I fear that this is what will be altered in the remake.

A live action Aladdin might be cool though. Then again, I'm one of the few who enjoyed Prince of Persia

I wouldn't mind it. One of my bosses is Indian and she's fine as fuck. I want to put my dick inside her if you know what I mean.

Hakuna My Tatas

Not sure about masterpiece, but I thought it was fine. Christopher Walken's musical number was a weird choice though

will they cgi the sequels too? I never liked 2 that much except for the songs and timon & pumbaa but 3 is sequelkino

Kys you filthy nigger

one of my favorite things about animated musicals is when everything goes colorful and trippy, or there's at least some lighting change or a little choreography, I didn't like how he was just sitting there

but that was my all time favorite scene in the whole movie.
also what about pic related's movie, is his next?

too many white people on that one, that wouldn't be politically correct

dont care. saw the movie and know the story.

>Favorite Disney movies are Hunchback and Hercules
I feel safe in assuming neither will end up getting a movie

The new Jungle Book movie actually surprised me a bit by how good it was.
The kid playing Mowgli was cute as fuck, Bill Murrays lazy, phoning-it-in voice worked really well for Baloo, and Idris Elba as Khan was fucking perfect.
Though I could've done without Christopher Walkens weird rendition of "I wanna be like you".
That shit was surreal

>Lion King redone in CG
>they remake that part where Nala and Simba are tumbling in the forest and she's pinned beneath him giving him 'that look'

How is this a problem again?

If it sucks, everyone will remember how great the old one was, and it will be forgotten.

If it's mediocre, it will be forgotten.

If it's great, hey, it's a great movie.

I don't see how this ruins anything from the old one. Ghostbusters may have been one thing with a pushy shit-casted shitfest that spit on their old fans, but this won't be.

You know, I enjoyed the Jungle Book movie, even with the shitty child actor. I haven't seen the other live action Disney movies, but I'm sure they're fine in the quality department, like most stuff Disney produces.

It's just kind of sad that this is just a way to get young adults who aren't parents into the theater to see these kinds of movies. Normalfags already see 3D animation as the natural evolution of 2D animation, despite them being two different things. Now these movies are seen as the "peak" of animations development because that other stuff is for retard babies.

Don't talk shit about my boyfu

My reaction to the annoucement: youtube.com/watch?v=_GP5_NQ_LEs
I have the same thread here:

Put your dick inside her what? Her underwear? Her room? This seems like an intentionally ambiguous comment by yourself

People didn't like Prince of Persia?

Granted the second and third ones seemed like weird cash ins that were just obstacle courses for the player to try and conquer. Which I won't bitch about, just saying.

Oh shit they rebooted it in like 2012 didn't they? I hear that one isn't very good but I don't know.

I could live with this.

He may have given you a stiffy, but I just thought he was stiff.

>though image was a penis until I looked closer and realized it was lions
I've been on Cred Forums too long.

I love The Lion King and I'm looking forward for the remake

If you oppose this you are literally still stuck in childhood and think it can be "ruined"

fookin moofasa

>"Long live the king"

What did he mean by this?

The Lion King isn't that great; it's midtier Disney.

Only manchildren have even cried about their childhood being 'ruined'.

Scar was a wife's son and had a long dick

member this dope ass beat?

youtube.com/watch?v=5oaA5ELzsb0

>Beauty and Beast with Emma Watson as Belle is one of the most anticipated releases for 2017

Do people just add that shit to everything nowadays? "The most anticipated for next year!" I haven't heard anyone talking about it let alone anyone giving a shit about it.

I actually love the movie but this is going to be straight shit and I am going to laugh my ass off when the canary yellow dress scene is straight garbage

thanks for the (You), friend

>Roaring
>In subtitles "Simba, you are the Lion King"
>Simba roars
>In subtitles "Yes father"
>More roaring
>"I will make you proud"

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaact the best !!

close second coming in here
youtube.com/watch?v=Uh3dO3IzWtw

wouldnt mind a hercules remake being honest my family

go back to /r/circlejerk you tourist

A Goofy Movie remake with the climax at flavor-of-the-month-singer concert when?

this is why furries exist

I don't honestly believe Meg or Hades could be made as good again. Meg is best Disney girl.

if they add hunters the "Kimba rip-off!!!!" people will finally be right

This will be the biggest movie of whatever year it comes out. Screenshot this.

>Live action

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

STOP

I had zero expectations. I thought it was pretty bad. the kid was a pretty shit actor and it missed a lot of the feelings the animated movie had.

>muh childhood!
no
one
cares
KYS

second biggest, there will always be a Star Wars film in december

>t. virgin

i know a girl who looks so much like meg, same sort of curves and everything..

Mowgli was an unlikable character and he cares more about a bear he has known for a day than the wolves who raised him.

Lion King sucks, who cares?

Boohoo my dad is dead and here my two best friends Reddit and Cred Forums who eat shit and I literally have a monkey for a uncle. I become king. the end.

>curves
oh yes

kids prefer fun over responsability

You could still get Jason Marsden to mocap Max Goof because that nigga's like 4'9

ITS LESS DANGEROUS

>projecting this hard on an anonymous mexican photography board

They're waiting a few more years so Robin Williams is "a nostalgic memory that the new Genie will honor" instead of "that irreplaceable talent that no Genie performance could compare to who hung himself"

squint and the lion looks like a cock and balls lel

NO. Fuck Copley.

low test, buddy

le 90s kids amirite xD

>and you literally cant tell me what to do.
Except I literally can. Are you following me camera guy? Go fuck yourself!

you seem confused

I know one who has the same voice and the same sass.

Doesn't look like her one bit though.

One of the kids from stranger things is gonna voice little simba, calling it now

pics?

>reimagining its classics for a contemporary audience
This is how you know you're too old. When the disney movies you grew up with are now considered classical. Its like when music you used to listen to is now on the classic rock station.

It all downhill from here.

Pls be Millie.

>unironically being a normie
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's not that we're old, it's Hollywood that's out of ideas.

Remaking The Lion King is lazy and pointless.

Wee-ooh wim-o-weh. Wee-ooh wim-o-weh.
Wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh
o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-weh.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.
In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

Wee-ooh wim-o-weh.

Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight.
Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight.

Wee-ooh wim-o-weh. Wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh
o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-weh.

Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight.
Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling, the lion sleeps tonight.

Whuh whuh whuh wim-o-weh. Wee-ooh wim-o-weh wee-ooh
wim-o-weh wee-ooh wim-o-weh.

>tfw you're a half-breed

I'm too normie to truly fit in here, yet too autistic to flourish in the real world.

There is no place for me.

user I'm in my mid 30's, I'm just patiently waiting for death at this point.

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF IRON MAN

Mulan is confirmed

hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-developing-live-action-mulan-784892

>Indian

Aladdin is Arabian/Persian inspired you idiot. That being said, I have a female coworker from Iran who looks exactly like Jasmine. She wears a bit too much makeup though.

Urg these live action remakes suck balls! Stop going to the well again and again Disney and make something new instead of tranishing classics

Jon Favreau is good
I enjoyed Jungle Book alot
This is good news

shit! how did you know?
are you the nsa?

>make something new
>implying lion king wasn't ripped off entirely from a nip cartoon
>implying lion king isn't Hamlet with animals
>Implying any of their animated movies haven't just been sanitized adaptations of fairy tales and folk stories or classic literature
Never go full retard.

> We went too far,

They would only be going to far if they cast a Black chick to play Ariel in the new upcoming live action Little Mermaid film.

Don't think they would ? They already did it to one of the most iconically blonde characters in history Rapunzel

Rapunzel is now black and has shit locks. They've already gone to far . Theres no stopping this shipwreck.

Scarlett trying to corner the market on the asian demo?

It's true. All of it.

have you seen chef by jon favreau?

>open thumbnail first before reading post
>what the fuck is on the floor...wait...no way this shit is
>read post

WHAT THE FUCK! I'm not racist you black can do whatever but FUCK YOU man fuck this shit How the fuck do you think ANYONE wants to see black fucking hair dragging on the floor everywhere?!

Man fuck Disney for this shit

Even black girls don't like their own fucking hair.

Feels bad man, even he has that cuck pose.

Remeber kids! They do this because they think it will make them money.

DON'T WATCH THEIR CRAPPY "RE-IMAGINING".

FFS, I am so fucking done with remakes, reboots. and "re-imagining" classic movies that are perfectly fine in their original form.

>it's a Cred Forums gets angry over Disney casting black actors for the lions episode
can't wait

I can see it now.

>They will call it the Lion King, but really it will be about Nala wondering why SHE can't be King.

>Simba will be recast a commoner lion, with a black accent. Nala will be Mufasa's only daughter and have a white voice actor.

>Hyenas will have redneck accents. Will make fun of Nala for being a girl.

>Nala will be strong independent womyn who needs no man.

>Movie ends when Nala becomes King by defeating the Patriarchy and racist Rednecks. Marries were one true love Simba.

no Scar no buy desu

I read just a few weeks ago that the bun-drop meme that's been doing the rounds on instagram was racist because black women genetically cannot grow long, dropping hair without chemically assaulting their hair harder than Saddam did the Kurds.

at least there'll be no human kid that have no acting capability because everything is cgi

>The Lion King’s worldwide gross exceeds that of any film, Broadway show or other entertainment title in box office history.

More than Avatar??

Shit I didn't know that.

>yfw this scene shows up
youtube.com/watch?v=JWk0O8tLtPE

they'll add a little kid that can talk to the animals and warn them about poachers

A U T I S M

youtube.com/watch?v=tO94nUP6keI

>exclamation points instead of all caps
>desu senpai
>who the fuck writes this shit
>when reddit pretends to not be from reddit

>They are most likely going to drop the cartoon art style and go with the modern cgi
Most likely? i mean did you think they were going to just remake it with hand drawn animation? did you miss the entire point of this series of remakes?

>Maleficent
was this movie actually any good?
tell me the truth, tv board

some folks out there still believe it could make a come back

>complains about desu sempai
>writes faglord

Where do you think you are?

I was sure this movie was safe from Disneys remake rampage. Then they did Jungle Book and I was sure they would take a crack at this eventually. The fact that Jungle Book was actually good and that Favreau is helming this gives me hope this wont be a trainwreck.

It pretty much ruined the whole point of the original movie.

Also even on its own its just 'eh' at best. If you wanna watch it would only be for waifus and yuri subtext.

I thought the point of these remakes is to make more money off of old ideas simply made more feminist and updated to check all the political diversity boxes at the same time.

It's worth just for Angelina Jolie desu senpai

remove the bedroom eyes and what's left?

THIS

they already BLACKED the Lion King on Broadway so I cant see how much worse it could get