Why did audiences (not critics) not enjoy The World's End? It was brilliant

Why did audiences (not critics) not enjoy The World's End? It was brilliant.

hit too close to home? Though maybe the Dr Who/from Dusk til Dawn plot switch irked them

Because the end of the world is a big downer even though all of the characters get happy endings, slow people just reconcile those two facts and it makes their heads hurt.

Its quite good.

But like ALL trilogies, the 3rd one is always the weakest.

the first part was boring and the second part ending felt weak

It felt more like a traditional comedy (i.e. Paul) than Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. Not a bad thing but it didn't live up to their legacy.

Shaun of the Dead>>Hot Fuzz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The World's End

I liked it more than I do Shaun of the Dead, but it had many problems and Hot Fuzz is such a perfect movie that it looked even worse than it is as a follow-up.

It wasn't as good as Hot Fuzz.

But I enjoyed it just for the Pike.

Am i the only one who's gonna say that the final act was childish and stupid? Fuckin hell this britfucks have shit tier humour. Don'tget me wrong Shawn of the Dead was kino as fuck but this one was absolutely retarded.

I didn't even know this movie was about aliens and zombies when I went to see it. I thought it was just a regular comedy about mates drinking. The transition to the supernatural stuff was one of the strangest and most surreal experiences I've had from watching a movie. I genuinely had no idea what was happening, or if it was just a joke. But it kept intensifying, and it completely changed the film. By the end I still wasn't even sure if it was real. Fucking weird movie.

The final third took a huge shit.

I would rather have had no exposition whatsoever on why the aliens were there, and that they just went back to a normal life with the experiences they'd gained, letting what's his name finally move on from living in the past and grow up.

It's funny, the dramatic side and characters were great, and well crafted. The actual plot was fucked though.

hot fuzz isnt even a good movie

It was boring and preachy.

because british "humour" isn't fucking funny

Fuck off Hot Fuzz is comfy as fuck. I enjoy rewatching it a lot more than Shaun of the Dead.

Shaun of the Dead grinds to fucking dead halt once they reach the pub and there's fuck all else to to advance the story.

Says an Ameritard whose nation has been trying to emulate British humor for over quarter of a century.

Dumb question.

Why do women clothing have stitching up the breast ending near the nipple? Is it so the dresses are adjustable for bust size?

Because it'd be flat fabric otherwise, I believe. Wouldn't that just squish their tits and not accentuate their size and shape as much?

It's shaped that way to leave a gap there. Otherwise it'd flatten their tits and be less flattering. Also it's a way to make it look like they've got bigger ones.

the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

Nnnnnhg

Those feet are pure sex.

Thanks user, makes sense, one of those "Always wondered but was too embarrassed as a kid to ask since it dealt with boobs, and as a adult was too afraid to ask since I would sound like a idiot. (Not that I don't half the time already)"

OP I cannot understand why people don't like it. Don't try to find reason in it, my guess is they just don't vibe with it.

I fucking loved it. I like beer, I hate growing old. It's comfy while it still hits close to home. Gary King is hilarious. Gary King is pitiful.

I enjoy all 3 movies in the Cornetto Trilogy, and while it's a close race- I put World's End at #1

Neither are you.

Personally, I found the comedy fell absolutely flat and judging by the reactions of the people around me when I went to see it, they also felt the same. Dead silence. Plus I found Pegg's arc just obnoxious.

I'd probably be willing to see it again, just to see if perhaps I was a little harsh at the time, but I'm in no rush to get on that any time soon.

See that's the thing. I felt like that too, until it reached the end of the film, then it ruined everything I had enjoyed.

1st act great. Second act OK, good fights. Third act worst part, the climax kinda shit.

It was just boring. I know that's just my opinion but damn, I tried watching it several times and it's just boring. Every time I do a cornetto marathon I just end up watching Shaun of the dead and hot fuzz and end up skipping it

The first act is the best part of the entire trilogy. But the rest of it just isn't as good, especially compared to Hot Fuzz.

It's still good though, I really don't see why it has a much more negative reputation.

Actually simon pegs ending was sort of tragic. He obsesses with his past and tries to do a post apocalyptic version of the pub crawl with clones of past versions of his friends

The end was fucking brilliant. The part where they have an ideological debate aliens was a straight up homage to star trek and the final resolution of garry kings ego being too large for even aliens was fantastic.

Nice pasta faggot

DUDE NERDS LMAO

This is exactly how I felt, but I ended up loving it. Probably because I watched DUDE THIS IS THE END LMAO the night before and it was complete shit

> movie literally called the worlds end

> surprised when the world ends

Wew lad

Lol. Hot Fuzz is almost perfect.