"Help me remember this movie" Thread

As the title says. I would talk about one movie I have forgotten, but then I realized there are about three movies that I remember the plot of, somewhat, but I just cannot remember the title, or even the characters in the movie. So here's a thread for movies anyone whose trying to remember a particular movie, but just can't get the title.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0116733/?ref_=kw_li_tt
imdb.com/title/tt0100701/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_the_Liar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_of_Life
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The first movie I remember goes something like this:

A couple have a kid. A son. The son disappears one day, and the couple is distraught.

Years later (roughly a decade or so), their son returns to them, now an adult. However, depsite their initial awkwardness, then happiness (it is confirmed that the returning adult IS their son), their son turns out to be a killer - he kills his father by having him trapped under an ice covered lake.

Later, he tries to kill his mom. Or something. I never got to see the end, but I remember there was this dream sequence where the mother embraces her son as a boy, and spins him around, only to find that the son had now become an adult, and a killer.

Well shit, I found out the name of one of the movies I was hunting for: Shadow Builder (fun fact - it was written by Bram Stoker)

Here's another movie that I'm trying to hunt for: it features some voodoo cult in a major American city that had an interest in the protagonist's son.

I'm not sure the exact details, but I remember one scene where the protagonist calls out his son's name, and a big black man (big and black) responds to him, in his son's voice, saying "Dad?"

One more, I guess.

What I remember is that its an old slasher horror movie where the killer was a woman who, iirc, had a gauntlet of some kind.

I didnt see the whole movie, but in a scene I remember was that she had an accomplice (a greaser type) who was about to dump a body when he's discovered by a passerby.

The killer then appears, and throws a football at the passerby. The football comes apart to reveal a concealed weapon. Only other thing I can remember was that, in the scene I described, she was wearing a football outfit.

Oooh, and one more. This time a foreign film.

I remember a German movie (I think it was German. Could be French, but most likely German) It was like a German (or overall) European take on Battle Royale, except that it took place in the 90s.

A bunch of delinquent students are asked to stay back for some really late detention class. They find themselves in a room, where, bizarrely, a projector plays a video that lists their names, and then tells them they are all going to die. Or they all have to kill themselves. Or something to that effect.

After which there was a serial killer (?) or some shit, I cant remember. But what I DO remember was that the name of the movie, itself, came from some in-movie late night investigative programme, that was trying to find out the ongoings in the school, which was now locked out to the public.

Prom Night 3

The Beleivers?

Prom Night 3
It's an okay movie and part of the Mary Lou Maloney duology, but not as good as Prom Night 2

Serial killer tricks the media and cops in to arresting innocent man by stealing his sperm from a sperm bank, following him in his car when he leaves town, then kills women when he knows the guy is in the area, leaving semen samples behind

Think it was a small part of an overarching plot

An old guy, a bum, buys a lottery ticket. He one day wanders into a diner filled with people. He gets a heart attack and dies.

A blizzard happens (I think? Cannot remember why they never left the diner) and the people in the diner cannot leave. (this bit may not have happened)

What is essential: the people at the diner find out that the deceased had the winning lottery ticket. The people at the diner cannot decide who should have the ticket, and with it, the winnings.

A scuffle happens and one guy, armed with a gun, shoots someone, while trying to get the ticket. And thats the most I remember.

Im looking for a movie in which the main Charakters go in an elevator,that goes beyond the lowest floor and takes them into a surrealistic landscape, where (i think) a witch has set up strange moving eyes and ears through the Land. I remember that it Bad a sepia tone

imdb.com/title/tt0116733/?ref_=kw_li_tt

"movie lotto ticket diner" in google

I don't know what this is but I'm interested.

I know this one but can't remember its name

Well, i just searched in the wrong languge.
The film is called"olle Hexe" what Mord vor less translates to unlikabel witch.
Its a old DDR movie.I would linke to give you a link, but every Website demands a account.
Also,the movie isnt nearly as artistic as i tought.

Also,fuck my german autocorrecture.

Does anyone know where I can find the english dub for Peter in Magicland?

The Stranger Within

imdb.com/title/tt0100701/

Was gonna ask for help ona movie....

...then I remembered its name. Within The Rock

Help

40 years old here.

I have dim memories of watching a movie as a kid about something like 3 alien prisoners had crashed on earth and were running amuck. iirc there was a twist ending where one of the guys chasing after the aliens was one of the escapees himself.

no, this isn't Blade Runner. it looked like 1970s low-budget fair to my dim memory.

Its a horror movie from late 70s/early 80s I saw when I was 8 or 9 when I had insomnia as a kid back in the early 90s on cable.

Involves a cast of three that can remember.

Two guys one a typical 70s/80s main character, the other typical comic fast talking friend.

The girl was a generic survival girl girlfriend.

They are being chased down by stop motion monsters.

The fast talking friend gets caught, come back as one of the monsters.

I remember a scene where the fast talking friend opens his shirt to a black void as the camera zooms in to cover his transformation.

I'm fuzzy on what happens for most thew movie since I saw it so long ago.

The ending is the main characters funeral where only his GF and like one or tow others when the MC pops out of his own casket.

That's all I remember, I could be running two or three movies since its been so long and I was sleeping about a few hours a week at most.

There was a recent movie that sounds just like this

>H-Hello

I watched this movie in school years ago, I tried to find out what movie it actually is, but I did fail.
Which is kinda funny, because I thought it's super easy to find.
I always thought it is Life is beautiful, but it wasn't, I even watched it to go sure.

The thing is, I only remember the end.
An old man telling a young boy (they are in a train) that they are driving to a better place, or a circus or something.
The movie ends with a train driving into Auschwitz or something, but the watcher of the movie didn't actually know until the end, because it was a story about how happy the war is.

Kinda like Life is beautiful but from the childs perspective.

>Pls send help

Jakob the Liar

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_the_Liar

I only saw like the last 20 minutes of this movie about 10 years ago.
It's either chinese or korean, a crime film about some gangsters in suits, and at the end they take the bad guys(?) and throw them into a meat grinder (or something) and then feed them to the dogs, then there's like 5 minutes of talking and then it ends with this bitching acoustic guitar song in the credits (which is really the main reason I want to re-watch this movie)

I really don't remember anything else.

It was on syfy or something, maybe UPN back in the day, a black guy and his son find some weird house and they go into it for whatever reason and then get killed by the weird people living there. Probably late 90s I saw it and it freaked me out, also on UPN an ice cream truck driver that killed kids and one of the gumballs on an ice cream bar was a human eye.

Sorry, no idea

But that sounds more like an episode of a crime tv series

Rumble in the Bronx?

oh shit thanks man

Actually it was probably svengoolie, also the first one might have been children of the corn but Idk.

SAD ROBOT WRITING SOMETHING WITH CHALK

I CANT REMEMBER MORE

ive been thinking of this movie for fucking years

caught the ending to this movie a long time ago.

guy was battling some sort of huge killer rat or something in his house. When the battle is finished and the creature is dead, the house is a mess. broken floorboards everywhere, i think broken pipes flooding water out too. Then his gf came home or he called her or something

ok one more question, I just searched for the ending, watched it on some streams.

Is there actually a version where they get deported to Auschwitz?

I could swear they were deported and not saved by russians, and the movie actually ends with them driving into the KZ

Poughkeepsie Tapes

bicentennial man

Probably a French Zombie Movie

start with a good looking student then it turns she is an assassin she kill some VIP then she is arrested
after that they spare her life and send her to a Facility in an island where they are investigating a life returning serum

its full of gore and its very rare since i have checked all zombie movies at wikipedia and is not there

Vampires in an American desert, there's a motel, there's a scene where there's two cars side by side and there's a vampire under a blanket with a shotgun in the back seat of one of the cars.

all i remember

Mutants?

Poughkeepsie Tapes

>Mutants
totally not recent i was 12 yo
now im 38 so its a 26 years old movie

Vampires.

I've told people about this before but haven't found it. It was on Citv only once from anywhere between 2000-2002. I don't know if it was a one-off or a single episode of an anthology series. The only dialogue was narration from an adult voice. It was about this kid who got teased by other kids with this line of action figures, but then he got this 'king' action figure that could do everything the other kids' toys could. I don't know what happens after that but somehow it goes tits-up for him and the episode ends with the boy on a field, throwing his action figure away while running away from the camera. The last shot is of the action figure falling on the grass and the credits rolled.

could it be Vampires, starring james woods?

You mean that Jackie Chan movie with the wood chipper scene?
No, this one seemed full serious, it definitely looked like a crime film about the triads or something, it was definitely full asian, not something filmed in US, and I'm pretty sure the dude was turned into ground meat and fed to german shepherds.

La Revanche des mortes vivantes?

After some additional research I found it myself, it's
The Train of Life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_of_Life

but I appriciate your help user

>>GTA V is a shitstain of a game that pales in comparison to its predecessors

This is a full retard opinion.

>>There's nothing wrong with diversity in video games (e.g. gay or minority main character) if it fits the setting, but if it's too forced or is too out of place then I agree it's unacceptable (like playing as a woman in a WWII game)

Agreed

>>Witcher 3 only won GOTY because it had no competition; it's an above average game at most

I loved it, then again Im starving for a good fantasy game.

>>Fallout New Vegas is the best 3D Fallout

Couldn't disagree more, I loved 3, and I liked 4 more from a technical point.

>>Nvidia is the Apple of the GPU market

Agreed.

Now me

>Call of Duty is the Micheal Bay of video games, there is nothing wrong with that, its just how media works.
>The Cred Forums collective is always wrong
>Indie games are like Indie movies, some times its the best way to get change to happen.

Short Circuit 2?
I'm pretty sure there's a scene where he writes out how he's dying with chalk

YES it must be this! i remember the scene being sad so it must be it

been wondering about this for 20 fucking years

thanks a lot

There was this one slasher movie, think it may have been on Netflix back a good few years ago, think 2012, it involved this nut job family that killed people, the patriarch was a clown who had an add on shitty tv station. Think they are close to getting caught so they flee town and start murdering people along the way. Stopped watching around this scene with a hotel room and two of the daughters who were hot and murdering someone. Any ideas?

There is a baby with an ugly ass face
Also an elevator scene with the baby on someone's belly I think
Also something in like this, red desert, mars maybe?

I only saw a glimpse of it like 20 years ago.

The devils rejects definitely

Been posting in these for years:

Theres this house that a kid walks up to, and opens the door.

Inside are all these people like mutilated and zombied and they are doing all this weird bloody shit, theres like severed hands walking like Thing from addams family. Some people look like they have lab coats on.

The kid looks for a good while then closes the door and just like shakes it off and walks away.

Its not a re-animator movie, and it could be a tv show

Traumatized me as fuck as a kid

halp

nice asses but no
no im sure its french since they always add sex scenes

total recall

Das it mane, Thanking you.

Very likely, seems to have a similar aesthetic

Are there teenagers in this?

why are you saying no in my place? look at who you're quoting dumb ass.

but it's french

must be french i remeber quite a lot weird movies from my childhood

fuck you

>why are you saying no in my place?
relax and enjoy your (you)

Near Dark?

Well, if I had relaxed and not pointed it out, I would not have got your (you)

checkmate

Idle Hands of course!!

thx

Oh have another one. There are these two young gymnasts and it's a really creepy movie with pedoey undertones. Think there are lesbian undertones. Remember something to do with a cave at a beach and someone drowning/dying by accident? A young boy was also involved. It's really blurry, was watching with a friend on one of those shitty free channels and he asked if we could turn it off because of the pedo vibes. Would have been 2012 that I watched it.

naissance des pieuvres

/r/tipofmytongue is usually good for this

no

Some old horror movie I saw on pay-per-view as a kid in the 90s

Some family was living at this house and shit goes wrong and they die (I remember one of them, their head exploded or something before they got a chance to drive away)

Then another family with a little girl moves in
From there I have all kinds of random memories of random scenes, like them finding another dead little girl in some hidden underground thing, them taking some kind of...amulet? off of a wall that probably started this shit, some kind of gargoyle creature flying through the girls room

It's bothered me for years

maybe food of the gods II

Been wondering what the fuck that movie was for ages. Sound. How do you even...

I remembered this from the end of some TV series. What I rememebred was that a cop died. He just collapsed and fell. Some other cop go to his bead, and found that he was just a heap of skin. They cut him open.....

...and find three coins inside of him.

Was wondering what TV show this was.

Before the X-files I remembered there was a long running paranormal investigation series. I remembered it predated the X-files and ran for quite a while. It even ahd a catchy theme.

I just can't remember the name of it. I can only remember the beginning of one episode: where a girl stepped into a mirror, and went to join her reflection in the "mirror universe"

I remember some really old sci-fi/paranormal TV series. Can't remember much of it.

Only remember the title intro featured a televisions screen displaying a lot of static, though occasionally showing the cast/production credits.

There were a few scenes of children working underground to solve some mystery, but I could be rememebring this aprticular fact wrong.

I once saw a movie where... there was this kid, who was found on a boat. Or something. It was hazy.

She then had to fight this big evil whtie man. Like really evil. Wore a fedora. No neckbeard though.

He was defeated by.... smoking. I'm not joking. He smoked too many cigarettes and then he died.

Shit's really weird when you tried to remember a movie you saw at the age of 4

Hello r3ddit

A guy after his father's death that he was a safe cracker for the jewish mafia

Ive been thinking about this one for a long time.
>tv show, horror
>late night radio host has call in show
>says give me scary stories
>someone calls in and says something along the lines of "person has duct tape on mouth, but you can hear the screams through it
I dont remember what happens in the middle of the show
>come to the last scene of the show
>there is a girl with an anotomy book and a large butcher knife
>there is a dude (probably the radio host) tied up with duct tape on his mouth
>she sensually teases and tells him about how she is going to cut him up or something

And I think as soon as it was over BeastMaster the show came on. So IDK if it was on scifi, or another channel or what.

Sounds like syfy

Help a bro out

First one could be The people under the stairs by Wes Craven

What the fuuuuuuuck, it is, it absolutely is. Thank you based user.

Was that like a "real" show, when there was a host and he told about these paranormal stories? Not like Tales of the crypt, just a normal guy, who might have looked like Lance Henrikssen.

That ran in Finnish tv at the same time as X-files, they always aired after each other on some night of the week
I could dig it up

I've posted this before

>Czechoslovakian style animation
>green/brown filter simple animation, pic related

>two rodents/small creatures find a wooden house that appears to be a silo of pees/other small edible vegetables
>they climb in and are at the top of their lives
>swimming around it like Scrooge McDuck with his money
>getting jealous of each other
>"that other guy wants it all. I'm sure he tries to off me. And I'm sure he thinks the same thing"
>fight
>both fall out and can't get back

It's not the Mole, but the animation is kinda same, only a bit darker

pic is here