Redux or original version?

Redux or original version?

original you stupid fucking retard

Redux, why bother if youre not in it for a full auto kino?

original all the way
then redux after repeated viewings

original

redux adds absolutely nothing

Reeducks

Original is literal perfection. One of the greatest movies ever made.

Redux is the same movie with more added. None of the additions are bad, but anything added or taken away from something that is perfect doesn't improve on it. The pacing is what takes a hit the most.

Watch the original first then redux for annual viewings.

Redux a shit. Original all the way.

Original with the theatrical ending.

Redux is my personal favorite. Only the scenes with the stupid fucking Frenchies doesn't add anything.

The other added scenes are good, though.

Redux, of course. Only autistic ADHD manchildren prefer the original cut.

Redux for sure.
Why would anyone even waste their time with half a movie is totally beyond me.

The vast majority of what the redux added is unnecessary. None of it is bad, the chateau scene gives us a brief look into historical context for war, as far as french colonialism is concerned, that said, it's not particularly revelatory, merely a 'look' into that culture. Other than this and the bunnies scene in the helicopters for a bit of titillation, I can't quite remember what else is included.

Watch them both, but definitely see the theatrical first.

workprint duh

Original

Redux adds nothing but 'French tried and failed to take these people' and guys getting laid in a helicopter.

*tips autism

I've never seen Apocalypse Now

Me neither.
But I read heart of darkness

The 4 and a half hour version which Coppola showed a few years ago.

Redux (non-autistic response).

Workprint to get the full unmodified kino experience. Only kids and faggots like Redux/original over the workprint.

As someone who's only seen the redux, which scenes were added that weren't in the original?

Redux, but skip over the plantation scene.

Frenchies
Chopper sex
I don't remember what else

Redux for the full kino experience.

What is the version where the ending is the compound getting bombed? I know it's definitely not Redux, but the cut versions I've seen also differ.

What the fuck was wrong with those girls though? Did the chopper not have enough gas to actually get the fuck out of Vietnam so they were stuck at that outpost? Or was it basically a one way trip?

They looked so loopy and none of the soldiers at the actual base cared for them...did they get run a train on till everyone had their fill and the girls were so out of it by the point Sheen got there?

Redux

The scene with the bunnies help flesh out the side characters more. You feel more bad when "Clean" gets killed, because you know he died a virgin.

The scene with the french help set the mood and help transition Willard into seeing things Kurtz did. The main french guy is actually a watered down version of Kurtz, which is exemplified by everyone else leaving the table the way humanity left Kurtz.

This.

First time I ever saw it was redux and the plantation scene immediately stuck out like a sore thumb

Hey I have a question. During the first playboy scene, with the show going on, there are at least three girls. However when they reach them again it's only two of them. What happened to the missing one(s)?

I've never seen Apocalypse Now or 2001. It's weird idk why i haven't yet.

Am I the only one who likes the plantation scene?

Watch Apocalypse Now, you won't regret it.

>did they get run a train on till everyone had their fill and the girls were so out of it by the point Sheen got there?

This is actually what I assumed at this point of the movie. I couldn't think of any other plausible reason for the way everyone was acting

I do like the plantation scene, but I understand why people don't. Imo it comes too late in the film. The whole movie is a slow transition from normal and civilized too surreal and barbaric. The plantation scene comes in close to the end of the movie and is too normal and grounded.

Well said. It's like a forced timeout right in the middle of the crew's descent into hell

Redux > Workprint > Original