Army of Darkness

Do i need to watch Evil Dead 1 and 2 first in order to get the plot?

I heard its by far the best in the series so i don't really want to bother with the first two.

bait thread or legit insanity?

I'll admit I saw Army of Darkness without seeing 1 or 2 and enjoyed it but AT LEAST you should watch Evil Dead 2

you should watch all of them but it does a recap at the beginning of the movie

No, but you should watch Evil Dead 2 at least. Evil Dead 2 is better in every way.

At least 2, I believe you can call 2 some sort of weird remake/reboot of 1 anyways.

You should absolutely watch them, they're both great films. AoD is my least favourite of the three desu

Watch all three. Each movie is under 90 minutes long so it won't eat up too much time. The Evil Dead is supposed to be pure horror but it has some unintentionally hilarious moments, Evil Dead 2 is a full blown horror comedy, Army of Darkness pretty much abandons horror and is an adventure comedy. The beginning of 2 recaps 1 and the beginning of AoD recaps 1 and 2 so you can jump into AoD without having seen the other movies but you should watch them anyway since all of them are fantastic.

Watch all of them and watch the theatrical cut of Army of Darkness instead of the director's cut. The director's cut is great but the theatrical cut has a better ending.

Not at all. Also fuck the hipsters that "le cringe" at people who enjoy AoD the most.

Ed2 is pretty much a remake of ed1.

I like ed1 best because its most like a normal horror film.

All three are worth watching, although I definitely think Army of Darkness is the best. People only shit on it because it's so different stylistically, it's more of an action/adventure comedy than a horror movie. It's splendid though, and my second favorite Raimi film after The Quick and The Dead.

entirely correct
ash has been through so much shit, theatrical ending finally gives the man some closure, director's is honestly too much of a downer for me

Speaking of Raimi and downer endings, I'm still not over Drag Me to Hell. That poor girl

>so i don't really want to bother with the first two.
Pleb.

I guarantee that Evil Dead 1 and 2 are worth your time. The Evil Dead as well.

It's not really saying much though. Your time is worthless and you're spending it posting here.

you are cancer

The directors cut was the proper ending. theatrical made absolutely no sense.

I wish there was a way to watch theatrical but have "I ain't that good" instead of "I'm the man with the gun"

Can anyone here vouch for the series?

Evil Dead 2 is Sam Raimi remaking Evil Dead 1 because he realized he could make it intentionally campy.

AoD hasn't aged well. used to be my favourite of the series until I rewatched them and realised 2 was much better. just watch them all in order OP. Halloween is coming up, maybe have an evil dead-a-thon. just dont watch the new one

Army Of Darkness is my favorite film of all time.

Evil dead is the best horror series there is, completely auteur in all aspects.

no, I meant Ash vs The Evil Dead

It's great, senpai. It's buckets of blood and gore mixed together with the over the top humor of AoD. The middle of season 1 has a slight dip in quality but the last couple of episodes are the best of the season.

The plot isn't connected but Evil 2 is much better.

If you liked the theatrical ending you'll like the show.

Watch Evil Dead 2 then this you fucking imbecile.

Army of Darkness is good
Evil Dead II is one of the best films ever made

1. "The Evil Dead".
2. "Army of Darkness".
3. "Evil Dead II".
4. "Ash vs Evil Dead".
5. "Evil Dead".

>the underage list

ED2 blows it away.

AoD hams it up a too much where ED2 had the perfect balance of horror and comedy. AoD still has a spot in my heart (them one-liners) but it's no doubt inferior.

reverse the order

You really think the remake is the best one?

The Evil Dead = Evil Dead 2 > Army of Darkness > Ash vs Evil Dead > Evil Dead Remake

i thought the one with the "the" is the remake

Evil Dead 2 is the best. If you don't like horror you can avoid the first one all together but in my opinion 2 > 1 >>> AoD. Never liked this one that much. It has some really good moments but I found most of the humor was pretty cliche and flat.

Remake is better than the original. Whole series is garbage except for Ash Vs.

not sure who said it's the best of the series, i'm pretty sure ED2 is generally considered its high point. It's definitely my favorite

Production wise, it's objectively better. In terms of cheesy fun, it doesn't hold a candle to the original, and that's the whole appeal of the Evil Dead series.

Truly it was a shit opinion

yeah the remake wasn't as bad as everybody said.

2013's Evil Dead isn't even a remake. It's actually just another chapter in the series. Check the credits. Evil Dead 2 is more of a remake than it.

Evil Dead 2>Army of Darkness>Evil Dead Remake>Evil Dead 1

Evil Dead 2 > Evil Dead Remake > Evil Dead 1 > shit > Army of Darkness

the beginning literally recaps the whole plot of evil dead 2, and evil dead 2 is basically just a remake of 1

It's really funny though.