The lord of the rings films are legitimately for children...

the lord of the rings films are legitimately for children, theres no complex themes or camera work or tone progression or atmosphere.

jackson made the most vanilla thing he could and you guys act like its a masterpiece, tell me whats so good about it thematically because its as plain and simple as you can get, nothing interesting is explored just going through the motions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QWMFpxkGO_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's based on a series of books made for adolescents, which was based on a series of books made by children. What kind of crack are you smoking to think that it had some kind of deeper meaning you faggot? It's literally just a good vs evil fantasy tale.

***which was based on a book made for children
admittedly I fucked that part up

>I only like mature and sophisticated kinéma for mature and sophisticated viewers such as myself

Story is good
Teaches value of friendship and the dangers of temptation
BASED VIGGO

I think what hes saying is its rougly the same as harry potter. Viggo is based but he doesnt save frodo from being unbearable or arwen.

Really wish Movies like hp and Lotr would stop with this friendship and love bullshit. Lying, manipulation, and murder is what gets you to th top

t. Denethor, get off the palantir

Finish your goddam books George!

>no complex themes
Almost every character who represents the best of the protagonists (Gandalf, Galadriel, Frodo, Aragorn, etc...) undergo their own wanting of the One Ring. The corruption of Elves and Men, the lust for blind power is a major theme in the films.

>no camera work
Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli confront the Rohirrim. Just an example. R.I.P. Andrew Lesnie.

>tone progression
I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but the tone changes throughout each film.

>atmosphere
Just because you couldn't get into it doesn't mean it's not there. I couldn't get into Blade Runner, doesn't mean it doesn't have the best cyberpunk aesthetic and atmosphere put on film.

>no complex camera work

youtube.com/watch?v=QWMFpxkGO_s

>camera work
retard

>It's literally just a good vs evil fantasy tale

Tolkien would be spinning in his grave if he gave a lick about your shit opinions.

Cute victim complex marcy

kys jacksons direction is terrible dude slow motion

It is based off a series of books that created the modern fantasy genre we know today.

I know this OP is bait but not every fucking fantasy show has to be ebin "ALL MEN SHALL DIE XDD" shit that GoT made popular.

The classic themes of good vs evil, temptation and perseverance, courage, heroism, is all explored in Lotr. I wouldn't expect the meme lords on this shit board to understand that though.

this is the most complex movie ever then

Dude just posting. It'll save you the embarrassment.

>It is based off a series of books that created the modern fantasy genre we know today.

is this supposed to be some type of accomplishment? because 99% of fantasy is absolute garbage for dweebs

>It's literally just a good vs evil fantasy tale

Not even the very wise can see all ends.

>dude

DUDE
SLOW MOTION
LMAO

the first one is the best, no huge CGI battles or "final boss" to fight.

I'm OP and I agree. I used to love lotr a lot, I like it. Fellowship is goat, but the filmmaking kind of becomes meh