Childhoods End

Childhoods End

so what was the point of this? Was Karellen really the devil the whole time? He gives humanity paradise for like 30 years and then utterly destroys them while giving them some vague explanation of "hurr I gotta do it for the all power for reasons"

it seems like the journalist guy and the christian lady were right

>for reasons

Leave.

He wasn't "the devil." "The devil" from christian mythology looks like him because it was our biological calling to be absorbed into the "all power" or whatever.

Karellen didn't destroy humanity, he simply helped them and watched them into their next stage of evolution, a stage his people could never reach.

but humans become dull lazy retards who forget science and then their children are harvested to become part of some weird creepy hivemind. How is that evolution?

I think a collective intelligence with no need for a physical form is pretty standard when it comes to sci-fi evolution ideas.

yeah, but how is this a "good" thing?

the whole utopia thing led to humans being miserable before their children were stolen and earth went into Children of Men mode before it finally blew up and all human history and culture was forgotten. And the Overlords lie at every turn to achieve their goal, so whats to say they werent lying about all this bullshit about it being great to be absorbed into the overmind?

Some humans were miserable, most of them were not. They simply lacked ambition now.

>And the Overlords lie at every turn to achieve their goal, so whats to say they werent lying about all this bullshit about it being great to be absorbed into the overmind?

Because it's how evolution works. Humans are not the first to go through it and not even the first that the Overlords have helped through it. Sure there is some faith involved but it's clearly the natural way of the universe. "good" and "evil" have no bearing on nature.

>tfw would rather be immortal and alone than part of a hivemind

how many days in a row do you plan on making a thread about a poorly received syfy miniseries that aired a year ago that no one cares about?

The whole concept was flawed. Not once did anyone stop to question whether or not the "all powerful hoobajooba being" that was consuming civilizations was little more than a huge extra-dimensional parasite.

>Satanic Tywin: "Well this is just the way things are"

>Humans: "bew hew hew it's not fair! but o-okay"

Looking at it in present day terms, it really shows the logical result of an unquestioning beta society filled with slope-shouldered cucks with no moral compass.

>"Don't question it, just come into my cuck collective. It's just the way shit works. Just tern off yer brane bro XD"

get out

Yeah the hivemind energy beings don't LOOK like "Borg", so it's perfectly fine! So evolution. Much advanced.

Currently reading this. There's a movie?

>"good" and "evil" have no bearing on nature.
Moral relativists are the worst people in the universe.

syfy channel miniseries from last year. I watched it last night and it was pretty good, especially for the fucking syfy channel

The show deviates hard from the story

"bad guys" who did nothing wrong

as expected

thanks

Well that's not what I said at all but if it makes you feel better to disregard valid points then have at it.

This was not an ascension but an apocalypse

>humans turn these ayyy lmaos into THE manifestation of evil and ingrain it into our zeitgiest over thousands of years

>part of our folklore about them is them tricking and deceiving us with pleasure before dragging us into hell

>they finally come

>everyone ignores all of this because "DUDE FREE SHIT LMAO"

seriusly, what was the point of this story? To show how dumb and gullible humans are? That one media mogel guy was exactly right when he compared it to playing nice music to calm pigs down before you slaughter them