Movies that accurately convey the mundanity of life?

Movies that accurately convey the mundanity of life?

For movies absurdism does the banal thing better imho. I would suggest happy go lucky or synecdoche new york

Ikuru

You totally fucked up your reading if you think Stoner's life was mundane. You're mistaking William's matter-of-fact simple style for Stoners life. Constantly throughout the novel he talks describes Stoner's passion, he experiences an extended period of intense romance. Stoner had a better life than average, and despite Foucault Williams (the author) is on record saying this.

I don't know. Plenty of people possesses passion and romance yet lead mundane lives. But it's been a whole since I've read so you're probably right. What else made his life better than average?

UN HOMME QUI DORT, !!!!!!

Knight of Cups

Pretty much anyone who bothers to get out of the house in the morning and lead a life will experience some passion and romance, yet their life is fairly dull overall

A man who sleeps

Un homme qui dort

Ikiru

The Great Beauty

This book redpilled me.

Dude how many times have you recommended this movie on here? I have seen this mentioned a bunch of times and I wonder if its the same person every time.

elaborate

returned it to the library after 150 pages
maybe I'll try it again but I really had to force myself to read it.

>being a regular guy and keeping things on an even keel is more exciting than you think

fine, but still kind of boring

yes youre right, every time im on here i make it a point to shill this movie and reccomend it to people. its my only purpose in life

a serious man

Visioneers with Zach Galifianakis is a pretty funny absurdist depiction of working a boring desk job.

not the guy whot quoted you first but why?
i did watch the film and i finally get the book

No movie could be as touching as Stoner when expressing life without flourishes.

Probably Ozu does that best in films.

Seconing this

How normie are you?

That's a paradox, movies are meant to portray everything except the mundanity of life.

the man who wasn't there. best coens movie

I'm not that user, but he's talking about Stoner's wife who declares war on him out of resentment and uses their child as a weapon, fucking up the child in the process sort of resulting in the child becoming giant slut who gets pregnant and becomes an alcoholic unfit to take care of her own child

Jeanne Dielman, 23, quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Just turn it off with 15 minutes to go and you're golden.

Not sure tbqh. I have a 9-5. I seldom hang out with any of my co-workers outside of work. I chat about the weather and the latest happenings with them during break, however. For example, yesterday it was cool, yet a few days prior it was hot. So Fall came pretty quickly. Also, everyone was talking about the debate. I have a couple of friends from high school I still talk to. We hang out once every few weeks. We still enjoy each other's company, which is great. Aside from that I just watch movies and read books.

>Pretty much anyone who bothers to get out of the house in the morning and lead a life will experience some passion and romance
I don't. Someone help me

>For example, yesterday it was cool, yet a few days prior it was hot.
Fascinating. Nah but I understand people just need the chit chat to feel comfortable and so they can say to themselves that they're on good terms with their coworker.

Most people's lives are very boring if you try to drill it down, but that's for good reason. Exciting lives that make for good stories in books and movies are dangerous and uncomfortable ones, and you're rarely setting up a decent future for yourself or your kids if you want any.

Even the NEETs accusing you of being a normie probably lead even more mundane lives, just sitting behind a TV or monitor. Even if what's on screen is occupying their interest, from a third party view what they're doing is still very 'mundane'.

Is there a film based on the book??

Are there any books that were turned into films that had a book written about the production of the film and then that book got turned into a film?

Just talk to a girl.

But I'm boring. All I know is programming, weird movies and manga.

Find a girl who is boring like you then. They exist.You're likely to find them at coffee shops, bookstores, or concerts for boring musicians.

Jeanne Dielman
The Turin Horse

how does she fucks up the child exactly?
is there a movie like this?

9/10 advice right here guys

every time william tries to spend time with his daughter edith (his wife) takes her instead to various play dates with other girls and fills her schedule with mundane shit

edith moves his secluded study out onto the patio and generally tries to destroy and happiness he has

he cheats on her and she doesn't care

Too add to it, they're likely to be lefty, but if you don't ever talk about politics with her it shouldn't matter.

Not only that but she also tries to destroy everything he loves. He had a nice place to read but she "renovated" the room.

there HAS to be a movie like this
i don't care if it has that indie vibe

Yeah most people are boring. They might play up stuff for appearances but most girls just want to watch Netflix and snuggle

What's the difference between boring person and an interesting one?

Everyone will disagree with me, but Jules et Jim. There's something eerily depressing about the shallow lives of the characters

I'm assuming that in this context, boring means type b people. Generally not very "exciting." Or rather, people who don't try to be exciting. There's a lot of people who go out of their way to try to be interesting and eye catching. Boring here means the opposite of that.

>Relentlessly Stoner continued his questioning. What had been an anger and outrage that included both Walker and Lomax became a kind of pity and sick regret that included them too. After a while it seemed to Stoner that he had gone outside himself, and it was as if he heard a voice going on and on, impersonal and deadly.
>At last he heard the voice say, "All right, Mr. Walker. Your period of specialization is the nineteenth century. You seem to know little about the literature of earlier centuries; perhaps you will feel more at ease among the Romantic poets."
>He tried not to look at Walker's face, but he could not prevent his eyes from rising now and then to see the round, staring mask that faced him with a cold, pale malevolence. Walker nodded curtly.
>"You are familiar with Lord Byron's more important poems, are you not?"
>"Of course," Walker said.
>"Then would you care to comment upon 'English Bards and Scottish Reviewers?'"
>Walker looked at him suspiciously for a moment. Then he smiled triumphantly. "Ah, sir," he said and nodded his head vigorously. "I see. Now I see. You're trying to trick me. Of course. 'English Bards and Scottish Reviewers' is not by Byron at all. It is John Keats's famous reply to the journalists who attempted to smirch his reputation as a poet, after the publication of his first poems. Very good, sir. Very--"

While I'm at it, pretty much any New Wave film has that feel, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner has a pretty dull melancholic feel to it while being a lot more interesting than Jules et Jim

plenty of recs itt.

Seven Minutes in Heaven

where the wife ruins the husbands and the kids life out of spite?

Oh well idk about that.