The Strain Gets a Fourth (and Final) Season

>The Strain, the vampire thriller drama from Carlton Cuse, Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, will conclude its run on FX next year, Deadline reports. The cable network has given the series, which is midway through airing its third season, a renewal for a fourth and final season to air in summer 2017.

bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3408301/guillermo-del-toros-strain-conclude-next-year/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigoi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>they defeat the vampires with the power of friendship

God it's so awful. The books weren't great but this is a fucking abortion of an adaptation.

how is the show? watched the first couple episodes, it was okay. does it get better? I saw on reddit, that they watch it because it's hilarious how bad it is. not sure if I should stick it out.

Good
I really liked the first season before the second season shat the bed
This will at least force them to pick up the pace and get on with it

>Final season

Guess I'll start watch it then.

Alright so The Last Ship, Mr Robot and Dark Matter all finished airing for now, so I really need some new shows to watch. My survival depends on it.

Any suggestions?

>Prime time TV is just starting
Nigger just turn on your TV and choose a fucking channel

Into the Badlands

thanks

not thanks

>final season

god fucking damnit

rectify is about to come back on. the first two seasons are pretty good.

quarry just started, 3 episodes into the first season, really good so far.

ash vs evil dead coming on this sunday and the first episode already leaked

I'm glad they know this a year in advance so they can make all 10 to 13 episodes with that in mind instead of being forced to shit the bed a week before filming ends

People are gonna love the final season since the whole thing will take place in a post apocalyptic Vampire ruled global dictatorship

What are your favourite programs?

Spoiler, everyone dies except the Cyber Chick and the Rat Exterminator.

>Dutch survived instead of Nora
Fuck this show

Quarry was great until last episode. Was sloppy all over and went full Ross and Rachel by the end.

Dutch doesn't even exist in the books.

I'm actually enjoying this season, I didn't bother finishing season 2 as it was so fucking boring. Much better pacing this time around: the only thing I remember about s2 is the master flashbacks.

>Rat Exterminator
>Egg Chef*

ftfu

Did you watch Killjoys? It's OK.

Seconding Into the Badlands

Expository Dialog: The Show

This and Arrow are probably the 2 worst shows I've ever watched more than a season of. They're both firmly in the "so bad, it's good" category.

Every fight scene, every bit of physical conflict in the Strain is so hilariously retarded and nonsensical, I'm having more fun discussing how bad the show is than actually watching it. Having said that - it's still miles ahead of Arrow.

Such a shit show
>muh evil Nazi vampires
>rabbi saves the day
Fuck off

i can't hate on the show because it knows exactly what it is and isn't trying to be something else, unlike the walking dead. the walking dead is a shitty zombie show that's trying to be an intense character drama, but it's written by manchildren hacks so it comes off as amateurish.

the strain doesn't take itself seriously

Arrow didn't have someones dick falling off while they were taking a piss

tfo The Walking Dead nerds.

Its anybody watching Braindead?. Good fun

If you watch a terrible show check out "under the dome" 3 season of absolute garbage, each season ends on a cliffhanger and its never brought up again

Yes, but I doubt it'll get renewed.

>tfw u actually love kevin durand ever since sg-1

Haven't even bothered to watch the past 2 episodes, the shoe has gotten boring and tedious on top of how stupid it tends to be. Neat premise and monsters and started out creepy, but bad execution overall.

Rat Man becomes new Master body

You should watch Helix. The first season is pretty average but it has some interesting twists and the second is pure unadulterated insanity. Incest cults, Immortals and fungus zombies. Fucking brilliant.

12 Monkeys

cassandra has a baby with james cole

Shit, that poster screams "6.0 on IMDB"

Killjoys?

>The Last Ship
This show was very good overall so far, not even joking.

Season 2 and 3 of the Strain have been good. I'm glad it gets new season

Try out one of dick wolfs many series
>Chicago Fire
>Chicago pd
>law and order svu
They aren't good shows, but they are definitely watchable as you wait for other shows to come on.

>have cool design for the master that sets him apart from all the other vamps
>turn him into another generic vamp when he transfers to bolivar
Still mad

The strain is a great horror show for tv. There's a ton of shit i dislike about it, but the monsters and special effects are very good.

>cool design

please tell me you're memeing, everyone laughed their asses off when the master first revealed what he looked like, i'm 99% sure they made the master transfer into bolivar because everyone thought he looked retarded

>not watching Kino Nation.

Why are network and basic cable shows so fucking awful these days?

The design was cool before the face was revealed. As before the face was revealed it was, by all indications, some lovecraftian nightmare vaguely imitating a human form.

Then they broke out the retard face and the show basically lost all hope of being anything but garbage.

no idea how the fuck they got renewed, but ok i guess. it's just viewing fodder at the moment, an unceremonious gap between better projects that are still in development.

Because the Nielsen ratings are trying to say about a hundred retards in permanent care facilities is a representative sampling of all the viewing demographics in the united states.

Watch the DC shows of the CW. Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. Something good damn near every day of the week.

>Supergirl
>Not Gotham
Don't listen to this madness

When I get to the point where I'm going week to week on fucking comic book shows, I'll just shoot myself.

If you lack something to watch I highly recommend 2 of my favorite shows, Friday Night Lights & Southland.

rectify
red oaks

>Super girl
>Current Arrow
>Plot holes of tomorrow
Super girl is just absolute shit. So bad they had to throw the flash in there for an episode just to try to salvage it. Arrow is now a fucking drama that centers around Felicity and her feelings are more important than killing the bad guys.
And I realize it almost always happens with time travel shit, but legends of tomorrow is just incredibly fucking shitty with plot holes.
>Oh shit we found vandal savage is living in this town and doesn't know we're here, we have the drop on him!
>We ended up fucking up the plan. Now instead of going back literally two days before when he still doesn't know we're here let's go back a fucking decade instead!
Just plain retarded. I'm really fucking worried Flash will go downhill like Arrow did

ah, so that's where del taco put the plans he originally had for blade 3.

You do know Dark Matter is a comic book show right? Do it fagit.

I love the fights in this series, but I wish I could care more about the plot, I don't know I just never feel sucked into it which in turn lowers your enjoyment of the fight scenes.

probably because the plot and concept in general is retarded as hell

it's not that bad, it's actually pretty comfy. i just can't stand what they made with zac and i really don't like max charles.

Season 2 ends on a huge cliffhanger and there is no Season 3. :C

Yeah, it fucking is, and as I say that as an anime fan.

Too bad, the show finally came good this season.

i'm like 3 episodes behind is Zach still alive? Last thing I remember is bolivar giving him some of the white

Still a better vampire show than True Blood

>tfw Helix is the better show
>tfw Helix doesn't get a 3rd season

YBH I think this season is good, I was very dissapointed with the previous ones, but the pace and story telling has improved.
Even the whiny little fuck is better.

Gotham
Van Helsing
Fear the Walking dead

More like Nukes

Good. Honestly it has felt a little slow and hopefully this helps speed it up.

No troling here.

But fucking honest to god, his was one of the worst written, cheaply made, cheesy and badly edited piece of high budget tv show i saw in my life.
Only Supergirl comes anywhere close, and whats worse the no budget Xena and another cheesy old tv series were miles ahead in editing a screen play departament.

bottom line im shocked this wasnt canned after season 1, and i think i may be retarded for watching it past ep 1.

>Season 3

The only thing watchable was the pilot, everything else is absolute garbage.

No it isn't. At least True Blood was good for a few seasons before turning to shit. This show has ranged from mediocre to shit since episode 1

Nick Frost is a regular next season, might help

Ash vs Evil dead is about to come back on and each installment is only 30 minutes so it's not too much of a time sink.

he looked really cool after they burned him

first episode came out online today

I really liked helix for all its cheese
after they changed the setting up I had no idea what was going on though and I think I stopped watching

>tfw no more Fet

Already watching it senpai

Unironically love the shit out of the Strain, the first episode is GOAT. Gets kinda ridiculous how the bad guys keep getting away though. Boba Fett and Nazi dude are awesome. So are the flashbacks.

it's shit nigga

only people watching it are MEWfags, its terrible otherwise

I miss the hair, it was my favorite character.

he has hair in Cafe Society

I watch this show solely for the Setrakian/Eichhorst rivalry. I really don't care about anything else going on.

Rectify was uncancelled?

Shame, the way they were talking it was supposed to be 5 seasons, but I can understand why the show never really caught on. The ratings took a hit in the slow season 2 and never really recovered. Season 4 is going to be so rushed now, I mean we're in the second-to-last season and episodes are being wasted on le british hacker girl's stupid friends and clearing out tunnels. I hope season 4 is at least a 13 episode order like seasons 1 and 2 were so they have more time to do what they need to to close things out.

I swear that doesn't count

The Dark Matter comic only existed to help shop the TV pilot - there's only four issues and they cover the same events as the first episode

It's neat seeing how the writers envisioned the characters before any actors were hired though

And making the robot a socially awkward lesbian was an 11/10 alteration

didn't they plan 5 seasons? Guess the ratings couldn't justify it

It really should have been three anyway.

Season one fit all the events of book one quite nicely, seasons two and three were both book two packed solid with OC and filler

S2s time jumps killed the show.

Cred Forums hates the strain? Really makes you think huh...

I have loved the show since ep.1. season 2 was kind of slow but 1 and 3 are very good imho.
Setrakian is the GOAT old man in movies, film and series.

Currently reading the first book and it's fucking terrible.

The time jump was fine.

The fact "VAMPIRE EPIDEMIC IN NEW YORK" is treated like a minor inconvenience is what killed the show.

That and the master looking fucking stupid.

I like the little theme that plays when he walks on screen, wish it was on youtube

I'm kind of surprised it is getting another season. The show is shit and no one is watching anymore. At least we are getting an ending I guess.

thank GOD, just end every shit show on tv already

So does this show have any connection to Blade? Because these fuckers look exactly like the spookies in the second movie.

end your life my senpai

same type of vampire, they're both based on Romanian vampires

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigoi

Good riddance

Del Toro wrote the books the the TV series is based on and also directed Blade 2. He was already planning The Strain back during Blade 2 but didn't know if/when he'd ever make something of it, so he borrowed a lot of ideas from himself to make the reapers while changing them up a little to keep The Strain original.

Is Justine Feraldo deliberately written as a grating, awful hack liberal politician or is she unironic?

>mfw her accent
>mfw her self righteous attitude
>mfw MUH NEW YORK
>mfw she instantly won people over to what WE (the audience) know is right but civilians in the show should have taken as murder
>mfw MUH 1% tax

the vampire in Cronos looks pretty similar too, in his concept art book he's been drawing that kind of vampire since before he even got into film, it's basically just his version of a vampire myth

did he howl at the sun yet?
I would like to see that since I no longer have cable

I have no idea really. In a show with a lot of shit characters, she is the worst.

I somehow hate her worse than Zach, Eph's alcoholism subplot, Dutch, and Eph's plot armored wife.

Eichorst >>> Palmer >>> Setrakian >>>> Setrakian + Fet (why do they have such good chemistry?) >>>> Palmer + Coco (felt a brief feel when he reacted to her being shot) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nora >>>>>>>> Eph >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Master >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dutch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (x10000) Zac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any scene with The Feelers >>>>>>>>>> Everything not mentioned

>ayy too tree oh tree ate fife
>fettucine
>mike and ikehorse
>le gigantism
Its comfy af

Dafuq nigga. This show is awesome

>mfw I stopped watching just before they get on the boat

Did I miss much?

This season has been very good so far. the plot seems to actually be moving along at a solid pace, which hasn't been the case in previous seasons.

Seems fair its not really going anywhere

microwave scene was cool

creature design and cgi/sets and effects are goat though

kinda like mimic

Coco got me through season 2

She's in charge because she is a self righteous cunt. All the other more moderate politicians have either fled or been bought off.

No, thanks. I'm an adult.

Is it like that horror-comedy movie with the same title?

Are the rules properly established yet?

The first season ended with MC getting magical antigrav powerup, glowing and shit. Really felt out of place in a simple time travel series.

Helix didn't like it knew where to go. First season was basically a generic bio-horror movie that turned sci-fi at the end. Second season just genre again but tried to weave a semi-coherent plot along with it. Execution just wasn't there or the characters people could really care for.