Let me see. Red hair... vacant expressions... tatty second hand book... you must be the Weasleys

>Let me see. Red hair... vacant expressions... tatty second hand book... you must be the Weasleys.

woah this guy was kindof an asshole

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZSXS17yWGM#t=1m22s
rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Voldemort/1
youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well he was the whitest one, wasn't he? and obsessed with "pure blood"? Think that's a coincidence? #stayredpilled

He was right though. Sort of like the alt-right. They're assholes, but they're right. I'm sure Rowling agrees.

why are there poor people in a world where people can duplicate shit magically whenever they want. it should be a post-scarcity world, are wizards retarded?

Kill yourself

what exactly is magic, how does someone create a spell and how do they determine what words to say? have the spells been created from the dawn of time and it just took some wizard to discover it, or did a wizard one day say "i want to kill somebody" and then the spell shot out of his wand?

is there a problem

Where were the poor people in Harry Potter?

What else did you expect from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The Weasleys lived in a pile of refuse.

wait a sec
they live in a big farmhouse in the countryside
that's "poor"? don't actual poor people in the UK live in little commie block apartments with muslims and jamaicans?

This. Fucking secondaries. The book was awful compared to the original internet fiction which became available in early BBS days.

she literally named non-wizards "muggles" which is a euphemism for nigger

You're replying to a copypasta, chief. Enjoy your stay here.

100% correct

It's still shit and probably dirt cheap; muggle poor people don't have the luxury of teleporting to work and thus get stuck in the slums.

>big farmhouse
It's a tower built from a bunch of shacks.

They were only relatively poor. Their house and the land they owned is probably more than you'll ever have. There will always be people who are relatively poor unless you have perfect equality.

Because wizards are retarded.

The future belongs to the Muggles.

>that pic

Still too fedoracore.

Harry Potter magic is bullshit just ignore it especially since Asia Africa and America all have their own wizards with presumably unique magic and etc.

>GOD TIER
Atlas shrugged

GTFO of here and never pretend to know anything about literature ever again

GTFO newfag

Yeah Voldemorts mom and Harrys group almost starved to death because they cant use magic to conjure food for some dumbass reason despite there being hundreds if not thousands of ways to aquire food using magic without conjuring it up.

Should add The Catcher in the Rye in shit-tier.

>Atlas shrugged
>worthy of anything other than toilet paper
everyone knows this, so stop posting dumb ass shit okay?

>I can criticize Harry Potter I'm so intellectual
wew

You replied to bait.
Catcher in the Rye is good.

>>worthy of anything other than toilet paper
why?

>He doesn't know the laws of transfiguration

>Catcher in the Rye is good.
Old high school teacher pls

It's horribly outdated at the very best

>Let me see. Pointing finger... transparent raincoat ... huey lewis and the news... these must be the dubs.

Great criticism, kid. Shakespeare's pretty dated too. That's why they updated it in schools with gangsta speak.

No. These however...

He was so much better than Voldemort in literally every way. Casting, performance, design, motivations, etc. He should have been the villain. He's more charismatic and threatening in the second movie than Voldemort HOLY CHRIST THE ANTI-CHRIST IS BORN WE'RE ALL FUCKED WATCH AS I WANDER AROUND AND DO NOTHING WHILE LOOKING LIKE AN AIDS PATIENT.

What are some good books / films that have understandable antagonists rather than stupid, evil people that should still win despite their stupidity but never do because #LolGoodGuys

>Let me see. Curly hair... ape-like expressions... tatty second hand bike... you must be the Niggers.

Jesus Rowling, even Raimi would be shocked

It's a poorly written piece of propaganda pretty much.

The libertarians like the Koch brothers keep lifting it to the skies as some great work of literature because it corresponds with their absurd ideology. It just makes me mad to see it mentioned in the company of so many great works of literature.

>libertarianism
>absurd

I haven't read it, but I do know that /lit/ would bully you if you said you liked it so I guess it ain't some kind of legendary piece of literature

who would have thought the newfags on this board are also actual faggots

Cred Forums is shit

wot did ee meen by dis

>It's a poorly written piece of propaganda pretty much.
how so?
i've only seen the fountainhead film so I don't know much about rand

I bet you don't know how the three sea shells work either

Well at least he wasn't autistic unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Cred Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

You can cast doubling charms on nearly anything, including food

That alone is basis enough to solve literally every damn problem in the world

The Wesleys dragged Harry down

>let's just have police, courts and an army
>everything else is just privately run
>Surely nothing can go wrong here

It's not a legitimate political movement unless you are a millionaire with no stake in society as a whole. To me it seems like a made up ideology to legitimize big business and move the political spectrum to the right

There seems to be a base magic, and people invented different systems of accessing the base magic

Europeans decided their system was to wear silly hats and shoot magic out of tiny sticks while shouting stupid words

>When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Always makes me laugh. Its so fucking true.

They would? Doubtful. They might criticize it because it's not very challenging and it's such an obvious choice, but it's generally considered decent amongst lit nerds, along with other works by Salinger.

Its still not even close to the most absurd system of government

aint gotta explain shit, magic, etc

>Liberalism not completely ridiculous
Kill yourself my man.

That property in britcuck land would probably cost a couple million.

>Cred Forums is shit
Yet you're here everyday. Lmao fuck off back to /wsg/ kid

>mfw dubs

FBI wizards will get your ass if you try that shit.

go back to /lit/ because nobody gives a shit

>people talk about libertarianism
>guy mentions liberalism

nice b8 m8 8/10

cry more nigger

>lets just collectively bend over and let big business and all the negative aspects of unregulated capitalism fuck us right in the ass

seems pretty absurd to me

What a shit analogy.
Do you even read books?

>implying slytherins dont have the most fun
>walk around school and everyone jumps out of your way
>pretend to be elitists to bring other houses with low self esteem down. hufflepuff is especially entertaining
>grow up to be part of ol boys clubs where money is passed around like a vietnamese whore
The Malfoys exemplify why slytherine is fun.

Don't call me that.

I do.

nice pasts, fergit

bump

>toilet paper
Why do people say this? When has someone ever used rough\glossy paper to wipe their asshole?

then don't be a nigger

Did Americans use rifles and tanks to shoot their magic?

I hope so. Imagine going operator as fuck on some super bad magic being instead of being a fairy faggot with a wand.

Look ew it is, Draco Malfoy, hey draco, turn about before we curse your cumskin dicklet round wednesdey

I'm American and I actually cringe at this, who wants guns in their wizard fantasy.

Besides I could turn you into a newt with a wand and teleport and shit ill take that

HELLO TO JASON ISAACS

Good luck. I've already used my scary salty rifle to make that a hologram. Nothing personnel, kid.

Okay, nothing personal when I take some of your mothers hair, turn you into her and fuck you in a barn while I have two centaur tear her apart. nothing personal kid

Too late ive already activated my anti spell spell and then cast expecto patronus on you.

I have no idea what I'm talking about. I never read the books and saw only a few movie. The point being that user said different places do magic differently and I was just saying couldn't Americans just use a rifle instead of a wand do their spells?

>use a rifle instead of a wand do their spells?
rifles typically shoot bullets so unless you are waving your rifle around no.........its easier to wave a eleven inch ash wood wand with a dragon heartstring core. technically i guess you could fashion a dual wand rifle but aiming to shoot and casting a spell at the same time might not be accurate

you should they are really comfy and better than the books

an*

nobody is poor as such, they just have no currency as jobs seem to be very rare. You work in a school, a shop, or the government and thats it. Most graduates must be NEETS

Did you just imply aiming an 11 inch stick is more accurate than aiming a rifle or even a pistol? I've seen those niggas cast spells and they just point it in the general direction and the spell just knows what to do.

And yeah, just make a magic pistol and bam you have sacrificed no maneuverability and aren't carrying anything too heavy. I'd personally go with a rifle for big bad battles but a pistol for every day carry. It would be like a wand. But it also throws metal pieces at the enemy really really fast on top of casting whatever spell you're casting.

I was speaking more theoretical if I'm being serious. What do the other places use? Do they still have some object they use and do they still yell out verbal commands? Does Asia just do some DBZ shit and HADOUKEN their spells?

the book is considered really bad writing by pretty much everyone who has read it that does not happen to be a lolbertarian
Rand was a shit writer even if she was very influential

Old pasta

>Did you just imply aiming an 11 inch stick is more accurate than aiming a rifle or even a pistol? I've seen those niggas cast spells and they just point it in the general direction and the spell just knows what to do
no i was saying if you used a rifle as a wand and wanted to cast magic our of your rifle, not shoot it, to aim and wave the rifle would be more work than using a normal wand. so if you can do magic you would like the wand

>What do the other places use? Do they still have some object they use and do they still yell out verbal commands? Does Asia just do some DBZ shit and HADOUKEN their spells?
idk most use wands, African and asian wizards have probably traveled to europe and north american wizards use wands too.

it would be more shamanistic magic and potions and such for native populations. some can do baisc magic without wands, but wands are kind of essential and probably well known since hogwarts is a thousand years old or something

They need a way to tell who's working, middle, and upper class. They're British after all.

checked

Oh shit son. What I fucking dual wielded!? Pistol in one hand, wand in the other? OP as fuck senpai.

Huh. Rowling should have spiced it up more. That would be cool if every place did some really unique things to cast spells. Does she touch on the universe very much or is it mostly Harry and Hogwarts like traditional story telling? It's be cool to get a histories and places book or something.

we dont know much about other territories only speculation, she just recently wrote about the native americans being animagi (shaleshifters) and unironically got bitched at by native americans for wizard fiction in 2016

(shapeshifters*)

Dude full metal alchemist lmfao!

>Ginny is exceptionally attractive and charismatic
>cast an actress that can portray neither of these traits

Bravo Yates

>implying ginny mattered at all
>implying she wasn't the other movies already
she also was actually kind of good looking in ootp, i never cared for her but that was her best, afterwards was shit

You would have perfect equality with infinite resources.

>she also was actually kind of good looking in ootp

Sure thing m8

>unironically got bitched at by native americans for wizard fiction in 2016
Kek. I love when lefties always eat each up. Rowling is super "progressive" and she just got a dose of her own medicine.

But fuck natives. I live around a bunch and they're absolute shit tier. We should have finished the job.

books Ginny > movies Hermione > movies Luna > books Luna > books Hermione > movies Ginny

Anybody remember back when Christians got angry over witchcraft in Harry Potter and were roundly mocked by liberals? I guess there's something in pendulum tyheory after all.

You are like a little baby

movies Luna deserves top spot but otherwise impeccable taste

Blame Chris Columbus and J.K. Rowling. Ginny has been around since the first book/first movie and back then she was a minor character who's looks didn't matter. Yates couldn't get someone attractive/charismatic since Ginny had been cast years ago.

Pathetic

Yeah turns out they were right.

Sit down kiddo, check these sweet Luna dubs

Fantastic Beasts actually looks this way.

noice

You're a fucking magic bitch. I wanna stab you to death, and play around with your blood.

hey m8 i just watched it, i never liked her but she did look her best

Nice singles. Now sit back and watch a master at work.

no she doesnt stop with the fucking meme

The Scourers did nothing wrong. Magical blood is a demonic taint that must be cleansed with fire.

Why are you so filled with hate? Open your heart, user. Let Luna in.

I pity you

this transcends politics its just a bunch of idiots with little common sense

remove books ginny and you are set, because i didnt give one ounce of shit about book ginny, you guys are tripping

Nice try, cuckaroos. Look what I brought to you table.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZSXS17yWGM#t=1m22s

Okay, it's time to stop messing around, bow down before these recurring integers

how can you guys get baited this hard

True, I wasn't trying to turn this into a political discussion, I was just saying I like how Rowling would probably be on their side in any other type of crusade like this, but they chose her as their target.

not lord of the rings

Let's finish this

Yea it is funny and then its sad that this shit will always happen

Is she supposed to be this cute in the books? Because she's really cute. Like, not OMG SUPER HOT, she's just cute. Would snuggle.

Well done, both of you

www.youtube.com/watch?v=351Aa5q_S98

H O W E V E R

I just did

Take your redmeme back to redit, tumblr

Lets be honest. He was a cuck

Look at your waifu now

LOOK AT IT

Holy kek you autistic fucking retard. One fucking screenshot from two years ago of a comment that got one (1) upvote isn't a reddit influx meme. Its a meme that many have thought about since its from something tens of millions have seen

yeah she's really hideous

>bong genes

Holy fuck what a fucking cry baby
>-b-b-but
good fucking god

>all these bonniefags and looneyfags

>could choose any pic
>goes for one with her face hidden in shadow
>not to mention that nonexistent chest

>when memes become your life and you have no brain nor desire to learn
shes irish

When the most powerful wizard in the world has you and your family hostage and he asks for your wand you say "Yes".

>Voldemort LITERALLY took Lucius' wand

Doesn't that make Voldy the bitch?

He was a cuck tho

he snapped his wand out of the cane holder it was most assuredly based.

and why would it be Voldy realizes his wand wasn't going to do the job

We can all agree he was the best actor in the series, right?

Oh? So Voldemort literally slept with his wife? I don't recall that part in the book or movies, care to link to a page in the book/clip from the movie where this happens?

Luna is pure and beautiful. Also, she finally got dubs

I shouldn't kek quite so much at this.

They were all pretty shit.

Except Rickman and Gambon.

The Weasleys WERE pureblooded.

no this is a Cred Forums at its finest meme he was kind of cringe in spots later on and good in others, better than harry. ron and hermione carried the series though and harry

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Voldemort/1

But they were considered traitors because they associated with mudbloods and supported mudblood rights.

Best bond

thats a load of bullshit youre just comparing people to sir alan rickman and sir michael based gambon

yeah, but what is "ginger" an anagram of?
#stayredpilled

Harry potter would have been so much better if draco malfoy was a girl from the start.
It would have been a lot better to have a build up over 7 books of rivaly between harry and femdraco.
There is a copy past out there that pretty much explains that you dont even need to change much for it to fit the story.
It would have been a lot better then harry all of a sudden falling in love with the redhair out of nowhere because JK cant write romance for shit.

None of the kids were good actors.

I forgot Oldman and Maggie Smith though.

>dude Cred Forums is shit!!
Why is he still here lads?

Wrong again. Check these dubs.

So Harry would instead fall in love with the person who has hated him through his entire school career, was responsible for murdering his mentor and torturing his friends, and indirectly responsible for the deaths of tons of innocents?

Yeah, makes sense.

>1984

Do people not realize it's a blatant ripoff of Yevgeny Zamyatin's "We?"

Mudblood is a euphemism for nigger. Muggle is more like, chink or jap.

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality

Snape literally invented his own spells and Harry could learn them by reading about them.
It's magic I ain't gotta explain shit

yea they were ron and hermione are caricatures, they are comic relief mainly, they carried the series quit being contrarian and or having poor taste

you also forgot thewlis, coltrane, issac, staunton, and broadbent

Neither is meant to be an specific slur, they are their own unique slurs.

It's more pasta because this board is autism

My immortal was the best thing to come out of Harry Potter.

harry potter would have been much better if it was kept as a book and rowling was a male or a 50+ year old woman when she wrote it.

>So Harry would instead fall in love with the person who has hated him through his entire school career

>Harry mercilessly pounding femdraco in the sack while she screams in ectasy.

Femdraco would be the perfect tsundere, mean as shit in public, degenerate whore in the bed

>was responsible for murdering his mentor and torturing his friends

He chickend out on killing dumbledore because he didnt have it in him.
And he was a kid who didnt know better but in the end he showed he was a product of his upbringing and he could be good if he wanted.

>and indirectly responsible for the deaths of tons of innocents?

Redemption is a thing

>still a butterface
>still has no tits
>but look she's got the average twentysomething skinnyfat physique, what a supermodel

Face it, Bonnie simply wasn't capable of doing Ginny justice

>dislike harry potter
>come to harry potter threads religiously
>and act like the capeshit star wars board is somehow above this
what did they mean by this?

Redemption is one thing and they even show how Harry forgives him to an extent but that is it, to an extent.

Learning to be be cordial and tolerate a person because they made some mistakes? Sure

Falling in love with the person who tried to kill you on several occasions and caused the death of several friends? Not a chance in hell.

Yea no thanks stop posting pls

She looks like the HR lady at my job, and she's I think in her late 40s to mid 50s.

Ginny was the most uninteresting character anyways, it really doesnt matter

watt ded u meen yu prep!?

>2016
>still denying Draco or Harry should've been female
>or both

if you're that user i didn't mean to reply to you at all because I don't even know what you were referencing

>unironically being tumblr and or just plain cringe sissy bologna

Seriously boys? all he does is cry about this board having autism, shit taste, meme opinions, et cetera.

too blind to see the best ship

My brother of another mother

I'll get dubs for Luna

really make you think

>just plain cringe sissy bologna

Granted, I once met up with a guy on /gif/ while dressed in female clothes and sucked his cock, but I didn't really like the experience and haven't done it since so I don't see what this has to do with alt universe Harry Potter fan theories.

well, shit.

well at least you made sure that you werent 3D gay.
2D is something else, its like fapping to incest manga, but puking at the idea of doing your real life mother or sister.

Harry/Luna is the only real ship that is acceptable.

I'm just pulling pics off GIS, not sure what the problem here is

i called you that and i didnt event think it was that bad.................guess i underestimated Cred Forums once again

>Luna

well, she would have been a better choice then the ginger.
At least she and harry had some real character building moments in the book.

QUESTION THAT JK ROWLING CAN'T ANSWER

its almost as if wizards live quite simply and aloof and alone and in their mother basements

You can't produce anything or duplicate anything, Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration clearly states this.

snape invented his own spells. 99% of the shit dumbledore does he doesn't even say anything or use a wand.

I like the little details on the creation of his character. Like the long blond wig was the actor's idea and it was so heavy it naturally made him hold his head back like he was being snooty.

But seriously guys, check these sweet Luna dubs

youre thinking of dean thomas

This is the same motherfucker who started casting the killing curse because Harry freed his servant.

he actually ad libbed that and hadn't read the fourth book either.

I always assumed HP logic went that powerful wizards didn't need to say anything to manipulate magic, but that anyone under their level basically needed command words to achieve the same effect.

That's not an assumption, they literally state that in the books. Non-verbal spell casting is a lesson they all take in their later years.

It was gutting when rowling ruined his character and made him into a coward. he was a great baddie otherwise

what is aguamenti

He was only slightly a coward, I think later he was mostly just in shock at how much he had fucked up and wrong his beliefs were.

So what are Cred Forums's thoughts on Fantastic Beasts?

New trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU

Looks like a CGI clusterfuck to me. HP worked because of some of the characters and Hogwarts. This just looks a bunch of nonsense shot through a HP filter.

>catch-22 is that low
come on man, it wasn't god tier but definitely mid-tier or high-tier

also say what you will about a song of ice and fire but it does NOT deserve shit-tier. that's just bait

There are things you can and things you can't. Water you can create of nothing, food you can't for example.

I never liked the originals, but this looks good to me. Nothing wrong with CGI spectacle if it's done well, cast looks better, and the scenario seems way more interesting.

The magic wears off and the water goes away eventually. It's a good way to poison somebody.

I have no idea what was happening in these movies. Like i thought they were transported to a magical world where magic existed but it didn't exist in the real world. Then in the later movies they're using magic everywhere and i don't know where anyone is anymore

It looks decent overall. I was hoping for something a little more lighthearted and adventurous and this is giving it a darker and more serious tone.

Also Redmayne needs to go back to whatever planet his people come from.

But how did he know the exact word to use then?

thats not how i remember it

and either way, whether it stays or not it's still creating matter out of nothing

As stated, some things you can and some things you can't. Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration.

It's creating matter out of magic.

This.

Brits are obsessed with class as much as Americans are with race.

ive thought from the beginning that it looks meh and that Cred Forums will obviously say its better than potter like the contrarians they are once its out, even though nobody wants this taking place in america. i think the trailer is poor but i also think thats just how trailers are cut now. the final cut is gonna feel much different. yates is good but he was inspired with potter

he didnt it was pottery

he thought he was just mumbling something made up to the vein of abra cadaba. its not intentional because on the one hand that curse is not mentioned yet by book 2 but on the other hand it works perfectly because it seems like hes muttering the actual spell

how so? british middle class is different from american middle class as well. so how does it even come up in convo

and exactly on time
absolutely disgusting

Ireland is one of the British Isles so she's also British/a bong

>being this retarded

People here have been saying it looks like trash and a lot of people simply won't watch it because of eddie cantactman

his acting in the trailer bothered me alone. and collin farrel has been good lately but it looks like hes hamming it up so now i have to go back to hating him? i didnt want to

hnnnnnnnnnnnng

You know what I always hated? In the third book/movie it's revealed that the Weasleys win some sort of lottery and get a fuckton of galleons or whatever the currency is called. Instead of investing it wisely and using it on their children's education Arthur decidedes to spend all in one FUCKING place and take the family to a shithole like Egypt. They were nigger rich for a week before they lost it all

you know that not her right.

>invest in gringotts goy
>dont travel the world
>you have magic but you need money and to spend it

They went to visit their son Bill the cursebreaker

Their poverty is rarely brought up past the third book so I think we can safely say that problem was solved.

Of course he was an asshole. He was a magical Nazi.

>Their poverty is rarely brought up past the third book so I think we can safely say that problem was solved.
Ron had to wear antique dress robes because his parents couldn't afford decent ones for him.

They do give him a broom when he becomes prefect though.

found the nazi

Right, not never but not often. Ron got a new wand and had all the essentials, dress robes are just an extravagance that his out of touch parents didn't see the reason to spend money on.

The robes stuff was just his family 'aving a go m8 just a prank

but that's bullshit. You can multiply or enlarge stuff. You just can't create it out of thin air. Also Ron's mom once conjured some sauce out of her wand, if the sauce was destined to disappear it would have been very dangerous to eat it. Face it man, shit just doesn't hold up

So a kid's book about magic has some inconsistencies, I think we can move on.

no, everyone in Britain lives in 5x5 apartments with shared bathrooms. Also no A/C, no cars, not television

> try to be a smart-ass
> get called out on it
> "gee man, I don't even care"

>it's another buttmad commie episode

>fantasy just doesn't hold up
Really

>I'm sure Rowling agrees

This would be literally the funniest thing in the world if true.

This is incredibly poorly edited, disappointed in you

How new are you that might be a month old itself. These pastas are getting out of hand

>Curly dark hair
>large beaked noses
>clasped hands rubbing together
>you must be the (((Wechlers))).

dude, book ginny was hot as fuck. She also was kind of a slut which made her even hotter. Also she's the sister of your best friend. Tits and ass, not too tall, redhead, slutty face... dude. She was the hottest thing in my head. Movie Luna comes second cause she a cute. Cho is shit though, both in the movie and in the book

Can you tell me the pages in what book where they describe Ginny's tits and ass and how she was "hot as fuck"?

She could have just been moving the sauce from one place to another.

Ditto with aguamenti

And in that case, the place from which you are teleporting it could be charging you, like a phone bill etc based on how much you use.

Enlarging something doesn't neccessarly imply that more matter has neccessarily been created, and duplication of stuff like food could fail to duplicate its nutritional properties.

starwars prequels but only if you watch the clone wars cartoons.

Let's see... Big guy, bald head, tattered second hand mask. You must be Bane.

dude dude
i remember nothing about book ginny and i certainly nothing you are sperging over because ginny doesnt do shit. im sorry but the character did jack

At least credit Bloom with those stolen words.

british school children as late as the mid 1980s.

hes full of piss

im american and say toliet paper

Scream Queens, Slytherin Edition.

uh, really. Like, the lord of the rings is self consistent. HP is not. Not that it matters, but just because something is fantasy doesn't mean it can't make sense.

I dunno dude it was real in my mind. Can't take that away from me bro.

She was apparating the sauce from where it was in a can or something to shoot out of the wand. Same way houseelves apparate food up to the cafeteria.

Minor point, but when are his beliefs proven wrong to him in ways that would imply that much 'shock'?

His two main sources of dissallusionment with his beliefs are:

>Voldemort being a dick to him and his family

This is something he already knew could happen if he fucked up, and its not really relevant to the validity/invalidity of Pureblood doctrine.

>Hermoine the Mudblood being a good witch despite her blood status.

This, admitedly, would be a blow for Lucius, but as far as he gets to actually see, she's only about as good at magic as Harry or Ron.

Racists don't immediately stop being racist once they meet a smart person from a minority. They just call it 'animal cunning' and move on.

Lucius wasn;t in shock about his beliefs in Deathly Hallows, he was broken down because Voldemort had been giving him shit since his fuckup destroyed the Prophecy Ball in Order of the Phoenix.

kek

On the first point I think it's just seeing the horrors that Voldemort actually inflicted. Now given we don't know how bad the first war was but I think it's pretty solidly implied that the second war was far worse, also that Lucius' involvement in the first war was much less, probably more like a collaborator than a direct part of Voldemort's army.

So first hand seeing not only his family suffer but lots of innocent people being killed and realizing that no one would be safe under Voldemort changed his ideas a lot.

well tbf all she did was become a woman and make out with dudes. She was just the hottie of the situation, wasn't supposed to be a hero.

Was getting singles part of your plan?

hehe time to kill this child right outside dumbledore's office

>Liking 'jock Anakin' from the Star Wars CGI Saturday Morning Shitfest.

Fuck your mom, user.

I'm crashing this thread....with no OC

wtf? I hate aryans now

>I'll try killing, that's a good trick!

Makes me laugh every time

>You lost me my servant
>Guess that's all it takes for to order a cheeky bit of murder off the menu

>Racists don't immediately stop being racist once they meet a smart person from a minority. They just call it 'animal cunning' and move on.

Meeting smart muggles and mudbloods doesnt mean a wizard wants his world overflowing with them

i like the transition from jock to mental health case.
I just wish theyd made the cartoons dealing with asohka leaving and a showed a bit more of his emergent youngling killing tendancies

Him spazzing out and beating clovis half to death was the best thing ive seen recently.

Changed his ideas about Voldemort, maybe. But not changed his ideas about his ideas.

Besides, the First Wizarding War had the murder of innocents (Voldemort's tactics were explicitly to stretch out the good guy's resources by massacring muggles and mudblood families), and torturing the longbottoms, and genociding goblins etc.

A decade later its terror was still being felt by Wizards everywhere, who could barely even look at Harry in some cases.

The the Second Wizarding War was placid by comparison. Most of the Violence took place in a big battle at the very end. Voldy had control of the government for most of if, so could wield power that way.

Harry's whole problem for a lot of it was convincing people that there was any real problem at all.

Even once Voldemort was confirmed to be back things didn't kick off and he kept laying low/looking for the elder wand etc.

He kidnapped fucking Olivander, terrorised the Lovegood's, killed Amelia Bones (an enemy combatant).

No, its got nothing to do with his conscience imho. Lucius at the end of HP would still have been a Blood Purist - he just didn't have any fight left in him.

>outdated
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT IT'S A BOOK FROM THE 50'S HOW CAN IT BE OUTDATED ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED

That's what im saying. It wouldn't have changed his mind.

Although in this case, because Blood Purity doctrine is directly based on the expectation of Magical competency (as opposed to just hating googles etc outright as an opposing faction in society) - he probably should have been open to changing his mind on the proviso that Mudbloods have (>average) magic potential.

What level? All they learn to do in the school is recite other people's magic spells that were created. They don't learn what magic is, how they access it, why they can access it, why it is genetic, how to make their own spells, why do they need words that some random wizard seemingly made up on the spot. Where did Arvada kedrava come from? How did they know to say those words in the first place? why do certain spells change depending on how you move your wand around or your emotional state? Does magic take anything out of you physically? Do wizards get tired from doing it?

It's all bullshit

>huckleberry finn
>shit tier

>why it is genetic

Because it isn't.

In the movies he is autistically forward and emotional from AOTC, though, and that's why it works.

He's grown up too powerful, and in a society of monks.

He's like that weird kid that doesn't realise that his form of confidence is not the same as the popular kids' form of confidence.

The way he says everything with his head tilted down, but his eyes tilted up, and his kind of weird, unmodulated-but-still-quavering-with-emotion voice he has.

He is a proper fucking fully fledged eccentric in that first film. A Norman Bates type character, and the believable product of (Adolescent Boy meets Eldritch Power).

He's intense.

CGI Anakin is not intense. He's fucking normal as fuck. Which is why people 'related' to him. But fuck that, relate to Obi or fucking Jar Jar, let Space Damien be a little on the weird side.

Yeah, it deepens the fuck out of his character.

It was essentially going to be murder suicide.

Murder-Suiciding a CHILD for playing a trick on you. Now THAT is a villain.

He's right and you are bullshit

Are you retarded?

Do you Dark Lord Potter by any chance?

From what we've seen it is for the most part. There are very few squibs, it seems like random humans get magic, and from then on their descendants all become wizards and witches. Even a fuckin half giant who is resistant to magic became a wizard. Squibs are just unlucky mutants who get the recessive genes.

I think you mean Rowling's Law of Retcons and Inconsistency Patching

he needs to pass as normal for long enough not to get kicked out, and for his weird side to show
Hes an overpowered emotionally stunted autist with attatchment and control issues. I like that. Even when hes being a swell guy in the cartoon its a trifle creepy.

what you say doesnt fit with his portrayal in the first prequel film, but well have to just ignore that one. its worse than sand

Jar Jar was also surprisingly made better by the cartoon

the only thing that got worse was Padme, if thats even possible.

Fuck off to your Star Wars threads.

What did she retcon?

No, wtf is that?

fuck off back to /lit/,

Maybe not retconning but she does a lot of random bullshit like calling Hermione black, saying jews were allowed at Hogwarts and that wizards particularly liked gay people for some reason

no you fuck off to your star wars threads
/lit/ is a different problem, they can fuck off too

Dubs bitch

they should stay. maybe then you'll stop crying about Cred Forums being shit you babby bitch.

I agree about Jar Jar, but the visual design didn't translate well to that show. Something about the eyes.

>re Anakin:

He doesn't need to be a jock to pass with the Jedi, they are all autistic anyway.

And passing with Padme would lessen the impact of that relationship, because her falling for a 'down to earth' guy that also looks and hero's like Anakin does has not tension in it.

Padme falling for a fucking creep with telepathy powers makes you go "hang on a sec, what's going on?"

At the end of the day, the people he really needed to "pass as normal" with were the audience.

The punters didn't connect with him in autism mode, so they like the clone wars version, where he's essentially a flatter, college-aged Han.

But they don't get to decide what makes good kino.

Cred Forums does, and also neckbeards like George Lucas.

Besides, in terms of the pure internals of the Star Wars story, there is no necessity for Anakin to be the way he was in the animated series.

The progression from AOTC to ROTS makes sense and is interesting to watch if you tune into Ani's weird vibe.

The fact that he is totally different in TPM is intentional - George Lucas took out the scene where Ani beats up kid Greedo (look it up) etc.

THAT time (TPM) is when he's meant to be sweet and normal, but in AOTC he's already twenty, and he's basically grown up with a god inside him.

So he's not really much like Brad Leadingman, the hunky QB from your local highschool. Because he doesn't actually have anything in COMMON with that kind of character. Even though ppl like Brad Leadingman more.

TCW Animated Series doens't get that imho.

when you really start to look at it, padme is also seriously creepy. shes like one of those teachers that fucks their sixth form students. Shes meant to be a professional. And she over looks him murdering a whole village of people in a rage. even though shes all 'we must do whats right and do it by the book'.

If he hadnt force choked her could we have looked forward to a micky and mallory knox style force adventure outing

How in a world of magic are you gonna keep having a hairline like that?

and back to the new potter film, i thought it would be shit but the trailer looks kind of alright.

i read the plot summary of the cursed child and it, along with rowlings increasingly mental potter-based political postings put me off all things wizarding for a while.

Thankfully Rowling has very little to do with the movie so it has a chance of being good.

>nobody has these doubles

She literally has the body of a 14 year old boy.

>Can you tell me the pages in what book where they describe Ginny's tits and ass and how she was "hot as fuck"
Chamber of Secrets
pg 741 p. 4

DUUUUBS, IN THE POST NUMBER.

Thought you ought to know.

fuck oath. She has this weird, hateful way of looking at him, and then her dialogue is like "i love you lets run away to Tatooine together."

And she's a fair bit older than him. Also a lot older mentally. And then she creepily loses her will to live when he DV's her. Like she never even gave a fuck about her kids.

She might actually be a bigger monster than Sheev - who never does anything but evil yet is totally relatable the whole time.

The lore goes deep.

What was this thread about again?

>the jig is up
>muggle world finds out about wizards
>voldemort starts massacring muggle fucking shits
missed oppurtunity tbqh

>go to private school
>if your parent's car isn't worth at least $50k(AUD)
>if you have no pool
>no central air con
>no smartphone (back in '08)

You just know you are being silently judged.

why do irish girls get ugly so fast

how idiotic can a person be? she had more to do with this one than any of them she actually wrote the entire script

it looks bad

>Went to a 'private' school
>doesn't mention the rape

Your school must have been only barely private, you pleb.

Wizards mostly don't live in the same space as muggles. I guess the Wizards hog all the English countryside for themselves.

yikes

for you sorry