Can someone explain the rules of the Harry Potter universe

Can someone explain the rules of the Harry Potter universe.
>weasleys are poor even though they're wizards
>sometimes they don't need to use hands for spells
>sometimes they don't have to say the name of spell

why are people STILL talking about this lame ass kids book?

Plotholes and bad writing thrown unto some paper to sell to kids. There are plenty of books with a similiar quality in airport kiosks.

>image.jpg

I know shit like this bothers LOTR geeks, but not everyone suffers from debilitating autism.

theyve got like 30 kids and live in a triple decker house in the country. Arthur is the only one with a job in the government, in a laughable position that is overlooked by his peers so he probably doesnt make a lot of money. Molly is a stay at home mom. whenever one of their kids move out I doubt they send money home.

I always assumed the older you got the more powerful you became as a wizard, and you didnt need to enunciate a spell but if it did it made it twice as powerful. I have no proof to back this up

1) magic doesn't equal money. what exactly are they gonna do to become randomly rich?
2)when does this happen in the books
3)explained in the books

>sometimes they don't need to use hands for spells
>sometimes they don't have to say the name of spell

did you even read the books you dumb phoneposter

Sometimes they don't need to use wands for spells is what I meant

>expecting answers from one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises
Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

1) you cant make money out of thin air.
2) didn't happen
3) explained in the books, non-verbal is a trained skill aka using your mind to say the spell

>image.jpg

Wizards intentionally limit their powers and police themselves to stop them from going crazy and using their power on muggles which would break down the moral fabric of their society leading them to eventually turn on each other.

Maybe you should display some common sense unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Cred Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>Being this bumupset over children's books
kys

>House is named after a Pure blood supremacists

>He literally put a giant snake in the school to kill muggle born students and succeed in killing at least one.

>90% of students put into said house are more evil and cruel than the other houses

>Most literally help Voldemort try and take over the school

>They still keep the house after everything is said and done

Really made me use my noggin

the fact that you are this salty about slytherin is stupid. most purebloods have good resumes and slytherin would affirm them good jobs. snape, slughorn, lucius etc.

slytherins arent just assholes, they won the house cup 6 years in a row before harry and co came along. snape is very smart as is slughorn and as was voldemort. they really had no reason to hate on slytherin until the chamber of secrets opened again

>the fact that you are this salty about slytherin is stupid.

I'm not salty its just a stupid plot hole that makes no sense

> most purebloods have good resumes

Most pure bloods were weak as fuck in the Potter books. Half bloods were much stronger which makes no sense.

>they really had no reason to hate on slytherin until the chamber of secrets opened again

Yes because Voldemort and his Death Eater came from Hufflepuff right?

Its an objective fact that 90% of Dark wizards come from Slytherin house. Their greatness is only reached by others suffering. Those statistics and the History would be more than enough to shut the school down.

you getting upset about something which is supposed to showcase british self deprecation is salty man. the houses are british. and anyways slytherin and gyrffindor are essential because all the houses know they are the cool ones and he only good houses. their rivalry is like the yankees red sox. theres no fun if its just one of them

>>most purebloods have good resumes
>Most pure bloods were weak as fuck in the Potter books. Half bloods were much stronger which makes no sense.
im not talking weakness or the books, but the purebloods that would have gone to slytherin would have likely been higher class and well off than others, whether muggleborn or halfblood. its not always the case but in general i think it is assumed that slytherin house produces adept wizards.

>Yes because Voldemort and his Death Eater came from Hufflepuff right?
>Its an objective fact that 90% of Dark wizards come from Slytherin house. Their greatness is only reached by others suffering. Those statistics and the History would be more than enough to shut the school down
okay but voldemort was defeated and is denied being back by the corrupt ministry before he even takes over.
>think about this
>this is essential
the ministry and wizards are batshit and yes things arent perfect or safe

by half blood prince they could have done something but it turns out even drscomcoulsnt kill dumbledore and he knew that voldemorts greatest weapon against the school was the students

even draco couldnt*

It's an allegory for niggers dumbass

>image.jpg

>all these emma reactions