Anyone here going to see Shin Godzilla in theaters?

Anyone here going to see Shin Godzilla in theaters?

I'm going Oct. 11th and it will take around an hour to get to the theater.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=crDmXNraV9U&index=1&list=LLmRE1-TlpC5m2_9X61zyFCg
funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/
twitter.com/legendary/status/493117010532786176?lang=en
twitter.com/Legendary/status/493117150148583424?lang=en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

camrip when

Is this an Aardman Animations joint?

I've already got my tickets for the 11th, it's coming out one day after my birthday, so it will be like a present to myself.

Yup can't wait. There are several theaters playing it around me so I'm not worried about buying tickets in advance

I fucking live in Kentucky I would have to drive at least six hours to get to a city to see it...... Legally

Are you going to post this everyday?

>seeing Hideaki Anno in theatres
>seeing a real (i.e. Toho) Godzilla movie in theatres

I thought I'd never see the day...

of course I'm fr*kking going.

living in nyc > your town

right after class will be there

>FUNimation not nabbing the rights for the IMAX version as well

Nevertheless, watching it on Saturday as a double feature with Yo-Kai Watch: The Movie. That's gonna be a interesting double feature

you seeing it at AMC Empire 25 or what?

No because it looks like absolute garbage. Stop making these threads you pathetic weeb faggot.

>closest theater is a 6 hour drive

>fr*kking going.
What do you think this is? TK?

I am. Pretty interested to see how Anno did things in this movie desu.

going to see it on the 15th probably.

Yessir. Going on 11th its playing 20 minutes away from me. Hype as fuck.

Nice now I know not to go see it in NYC so I can avoid a shooting. Thanks user.

Can't wait desu. 11th can't come soon enough

I'm seeing it twice, Tuesday with my coworkers and Wednesday with my non-work buddies. They love Evangelion as much as me so we're all pretty hyped.

All you lucky fucks seeing it on the 11th and 15th, I've got to wait until the 16th.

I like the overall design of this Godzilla, but if the 2014 American version was like this, would anyone accept it?

I am not sure, promotional material says it is coming out on my country but there is no confirmation about date.

>seeing a real (i.e. Toho) Godzilla movie in theatres

>he didn't see Godzilla 2000 opening night
>he didn't see Bambi Meets Godzilla play before Godzilla 1985

if it was the true monster of the movie probably, most people didn't know about that further mutation til later.

Really sucks that the initial teasers for Godzilla 2014 seemed to hint at a true force of nature causing destruction throughout the world but then it turned out to be Godzilla Defender of Earth.

>fr*kking

What the fuck?

I just can't get over his fucking googly eye.

>he isn't a senior citizen

2014 zilla was pretty ambiguous

>2014 zilla was pretty ambiguous

It was not, don't be silly. He doesn't even attack the army that fires at him!

saw g2k in theaters, feelsgoodman

>yokai watch double feature
For what purpose?

>Knew full well G2K was in theaters
>Dumbass 11 year old me decided not to go

I made up for it a few years ago. Caught a screening of Godzilla (1954) down in Manhattan.

>Work at a theater
>gonna see it for free
>get to bring a friend
FUCK YEAAAAAAAAH

Not him but the games are at least pretty fun.

The closest theater to my house is getting it, which is amazing to me because every time there's a limited release film I want to see it's never in the area. And yet the big g is coming to only like 5-10 minutes from my house

I bought two tickets, but I'm not sure who to go with. The girlfriends in classes until the time the movie starts, and my friends either have work or outta town. Maybe I'll ask my brother. Or maybe I'll just go alone and return one ticket, who knows

>get excited to see the new godzilla in theatres
>realise the only other person who'd share my hype is my ex.
>begin the painful process of buying one movie ticket and understanding I can't really talk about it to anyone afterwards

I guess it's going to be bittersweet for me

>Really sucks that the initial teasers for Godzilla 2014 seemed to hint at a true force of nature causing destruction throughout the world

Only the SDCC teaser that was the thing they used to get greenlit showed that. It was never intended to be publicly shown.

>but then it turned out to be Godzilla Defender of Earth.

No it didn't. 2014 is just an animal killing an ancient parasite of his species

>No it didn't. 2014 is just an animal killing an ancient parasite of his species

That would also have wiped out the human race if unchecked, don't play fucking dumb.

>Godzilla's role in the movie is totally ambiguous guise

Fuck off

But that's not the purpose he went after it for,

Not that user, but the Yokai Watch Movie is playing on the 15th early in the morning (11 am), and some theaters are screening Shin Godzilla on weekends, some of them are screening Shin Godzila immediately after Yokai Watch (1 pm)

>tfw 1 showing is 10 minutes away and another 30 minutes away

>he doesn't have a literal "Art Cinema" within 20 or 30 minutes that only plays certified kino

lol

Godzilla doesn't care about humans., at least not specifically.
If he did, he would have lured the mutos out into open water.

Who da bad monster in this one, is it a new kaiju or a classic making a return?

Just Godzilla although he has 3 forms total
Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah are coming back in Legendary Godzilla 2.

is this going to be subtitled or dubbed

dubbed

Subbed.

i'm pretty sure it's subbed

Mimed.

>Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah are coming back in Legendary Godzilla 2.
Well, at least one of them. I dont think all are appearing in one film

I'm hoping it's subbed but I couldn't really find anything. From my research it looks like it's dubbed but could go either way. Maybe it's up to the theater, I'll call mine.

I... I can be your new kaijfu user ; ;. Do you like guys? Maybe guys who look like girls ; ;?

I got lucky and there seem to be quite a few near me, which is weird since nothing ever comes close to Louisville.

youtube.com/watch?v=crDmXNraV9U&index=1&list=LLmRE1-TlpC5m2_9X61zyFCg

leaked footage of the second form rampage

Legendary's twitter confirmed they are all appearing in the next film, anyone who saw the comic con trailer also were able to confirm this.

It's subtitled

funimationfilms.com/movie/shingodzilla/

>Presented in Japanese with English subtitles.

Link?

I'm going. This will be the first movie I've seen in theaters in years

Link?

Why so skeptical?
twitter.com/legendary/status/493117010532786176?lang=en

Sucks to be people that don't have a theater nearby. Hopefully they release it on digital or Blu Ray soon. I have like 6 theaters playing it within 45 minutes of me. Most of them serve alcohol and food too.

They serve food at all of mine, but they got rid of the alcohol. Too many problems.

It's about a fifteen minute walk for me. The downside is I have to live by brown people.

Indians?

>/m/ says it's shit
>/jp/ says it's shit
>2ch says it's shit
It's shit.

mine has a lounge attached to the lobby with a nice bar and full food service but you can't take it into the actual theatres

>/m/ says it's shit
Liar.
>2ch says it's shit
Implying you can speak Japanese.

Check for yourself. Go ask either of them.

I was on both, that's why I know you're full of shit.

We had the same. The bar was removed though because of a few incidents with some...youths.

It's too bad as well. It was nice having an Old Fashioned before I went in to watch.

That, nor the described teaser, say that they'll all appear in Godzilla 2.

In fact, a different tweet specifies "future installments"

twitter.com/Legendary/status/493117150148583424?lang=en

/m/ says its good though. I haven't seen any of the threads on /jp/ or 2ch but I think you're just baiting.

Those on /m/ who have watched it generally like it though. And nice try with using 2ch, it's too obvious as a bait. Also /jp/ is even more irrelevant since those are the guys who love idols more.

>b-bait
I thought summer was over?

when I saw it in the Philippines, it was subbed. if it's dubbed, it might take away some of the personalities of the various characters in the movie.

Was it a full house when you watched it? Flipfags do need a break from all that Star Cinema and Kathniel shit

i fucking hope its subbed i hate dubs

There's no reason for it to be otherwise though.
Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah all appeared in King Ghidorah : The Three Headed Monster, which was a success.
I don't know about you, user, but it just makes too much sense the way everything is being described, shown, and layed out.

i just came

I went pretty early so it was just a handful of people inside, like 12 maybe. they were also showing the One Piece movie in the theatre next to it lol. I thinkt hat one had more takers.

I got real lucky and it turns out the theater in my town is showing so fuck yeah

nice

>all these fucks having to drive 30 hours in a snowstorm to find a theater that's playing Shin Godzilla
Hah, I in Midtown Manhattan. The nearest theater playing it is a five minute walk.

Also going on the 11th. Also driving about an hour. Only because I have a friend nearby and I want to make it into an all-day visit that ends with smokes and Godzilla. He should be prepped for my Godzilla hype this time, almost scared him off in '14.