Which film is better?

Which film is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Xo95h5tOOI
youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
youtube.com/watch?v=IlzzD-dHJ1g
youtu.be/xndFE1esEOc?t=38s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The fact that they fucked up M. Bison so bad I'd say Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat.

Here's why.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Xo95h5tOOI

The only good part of the street fighter movie is
>quick, change the channel!

MK, easily. A better question is which is better, SF or MK Annihilation?

>Conflit_Mortal_kinography_grid.tga

Street Fighter is more fun.

Mortal Kombat is a better movie. It was also the first video game movie to actually be successful (probably because the plot was copied from Enter the Dragon). It's easy to shit on Street Fighter, but it was like the second major video game adaptation ever made; the crew had no idea what to do.

Dude was literally dying on set, could barely walk with the cape and shit.

Better question, which web series is better?

the first mortal kombat film is certified kino so im gonna go with that

And he still put in a performance that is memorable and easily the best thing about the movie.

Adapting a western written videogame>adapting a japanese written videogame.
Think Assassin's Creed, it's basically already written as a mediocre hollywood movie, there's not much work to do to adapt it.
Now think adapting Devil May Cry, it'd be weeb as fuck and the cringiest shit ever.

Mortal Kombat was always a mix of three things: Enter the Dragon, Big Trouble in little China and Shaw bros. movies choreography, but digested by a westerner.

ANIME
N
I
M
E

Mortal Kombat

youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

the first season of legacy was actually really good. haven't seen the second season but I heard it dropped a lot in quality. haven't seen the SF one.

This is all that needs to be said

Mortal Kombat is the best video game movie of all time. There's no debate.

my nigga

Mortal Kombat, I remember seeing it at le cinema, flawless victory desu

>Spanish manlet M. Bison

Ya know fuck off

>Liu fucks with Cage to deflate his ego
>takes his money and then throws his shit in the water

This movie did something none of the games, tv or comics ever did, they made Liu Kang likable.

MK, easily

youtube.com/watch?v=IlzzD-dHJ1g

best opening credits awarded to mk

street fighter.

Actually, I'd say the better question ask is, which is worse, MK Annihilation or pic related?

pic related. chun li was released in the 00s. that shit is unexcusable.

you're going to single out bison as the character they got wrong and not like, every single other character?

>the crew had no idea what to do.

how about doing it about ryu and ken, the obvious protagonists (like the anime did), instead of HURRR LE USA ARMY. the whole movie argument was flawed as fuck.

>like the anime did

The anime also could jump from location to location with ease, that shit costs money in a movie.
They should've made it about a tournament, like MK, only going for the urban feel instead of the ancient/mythical one.

Mortal Kombat is a genuinely good film with good cinematography. I think it's actually aged better than most films from the 90's because films today have all adopted the same slightly darkened look to everything this film had. With the exception of the CGI on reptile which of course looks like ass.

I think the Street Fighter film is less bad than people remember it being but it's certainly not something I consider quality on any level.

Wasn't Double Dragon made before Street Fighter?

They were made around the same time (but Street Fighter had a way higher budget and more going into it), and it was also a mess. IIRC, the only notable video game adaptation that came out before them was Super Mario Brothers, which was a piece of shit, too.

I didn't even know this existed. Is it worth it for the lulz?

Street Fighter had one good moment. Alyssa Milano

I meant Double Dragon, not Street Fighter

Capcom instisted that Van Damme should be cast as Guile. You can't make it about Ken and Ryu when Van Damme plays Guile.

Mortal Kombat games were already made as a parody of kung fu movies and several other things from pop culture the creators loved so the inherent goofiness of it translates a little better

While it wasn't 100% accurate to the plot of the three games that were out so far it was the closest any movie had to come to the source material at the time and some of the added on details like Outworld having to win ten tournaments in a row became canon. They also retconned Kano's british/Japanese ancestry to be 'Strayan.

MK also has a few decent fight scenes

MK gets a lot of shit and I never could undertand why. It has a set of likeable characters, tight story, good, even if over the top, acting, absolutely stellar production design - amazing sets, animatronic Goro, ninjas that don't look idiotic, some great locations. The CGI used is sometimes dated (some scene still hold up) but there's not that much of it and it's still leagues above some garbage TV can churn out nowadays. I like it. I watched it as a kid and still watch it occasionally whenever I get the chance.

Street Fighter is a bit of a mess. Well... it's a huge, mostly directionless mess. But it can still be enjoyed, because it's clear they just made it as a comedy. I mean there are Jap soldiers watching two blokes wreck a city model with Godzilla shrieks in the background. You can't make that shit by accident.

youtu.be/xndFE1esEOc?t=38s

This user gets it.

Mortal Kombat, now and always

At least Balrog's casting was spot on.