>Goblet of Fire.

Try and prove otherwise plebs.

Other urls found in this thread:

hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600098337
youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU
youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hbp is trash , fuck your list

I just want to say that underage Emma Watson is best Emma.

shore thing princess
3 >>>>> 1 > dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pick any >>>>>> 71/72

Chamber of Secrets was shit tier. Other than that your list is alright.

Elder:
>Azkaban

God:
>Sorcerer's

Fun:
>Goblet

Not good:
>Chamber

I'll let this slide:
>Half-Blood

Worst movie I've ever seen:
>Phoenix

i didn't see the last two

They're all shit tier. This franchise needs to be put to rest already.

Actually I can as its easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Check it out, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>but the books were good so its ok!
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

this list looks legitimate and not like a troll

Takeaseatus Righthereum

3>7>6>4>1=2>5

Well, yea. It was all downhill from HP1, after all.

Turbo pleb detected.

>implying HP fanfiction isn't better than canon in most cases

Can anyone recommend me some FF kino? And don't recommend that Methods of Rationality drivel, that was shite

Fuck off back to odran

finally someone recognizes 6 as the true kino masterpiece

Cred Forums worships 3 for some reason.

What does Cred Forums have to do with fan fiction?

1 > 3 > 2 > 7.1 > 6 > 5 > 7.2 > 4
not enough fleur

I got you senpai.
hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600098337

Only those monsters and tumblr read that shit, newfrog.

I still don't understand why Malfoy turned into such a bitch. Everything he did up until that point indicated that he would have been thrilled to be working for Voldemort

>Only those monsters and tumblr read that shit, newfrog.
What kind of monsters?

First book: 223 pages - 152 minutes (extended: 159)
Second book: 251 pages - 161 minutes (extended: 174)
Third book: 317 pages - 142 minutes
Fourth book: 636 pages - 157 minutes
Fifth book: 766 - 138 minutes
Sixth book: 607 pages - 153 minutes
Seventh book: 607 pages 146 minutes + 130 minutes

Best are 1,2,3, and both 7
4 is passable
6 and 5 are the worse by a lot..

6 was clearly the most pure kino

only turbo plebs would be unable to recognize this.

he wasn't a killer

they fucked up every character but snape (lupin was okay)

dumbledore was a travesty

Correct.

nice opinion you got there

no kys

Op is pretty much on the money

perfect pretty much

3>7.1>6>2>5>7.2>1>4

7 was pretty fucking kino too

Patrician rank.
>Chamber of Secrets was shit tier.
Patrician part of post.

books 5-7 sucked the movies are better

Legitimately great taste

OP nailed it.

Top 3 is best 3.

>replies to the same posts go up
>poster counter doesn't
I love it. His lack of subtly is funnier than his victim hood.

Switch Phoenix with Goblet and you're golden

Some people think Goblet is better than phoenix some people think Phoenix is a hundred times better and Goblet is the worst even if its enjoyable. I'm in the latter.

7.1 was actual kino that accidentally got mass marketed to plebs
7.2 was dumb action shit that was designed to calm the plebs that didn't understand the pure kino of 7.1

they are just completely different, 7.1 is the perfect penultimate entry to a series its slow brooding allows the characters to shine and breathe and its pretty faithful to the book, with great tone and atmosphere. i didnt really like 7.2 at first but i like it more now its pretty solid but its problem is like you say its basically one big climax and its entirely adrenaline. they work good back to back but i think even better as a trilogy with hbp

he was a child. just cuz he was a bully doesn't mean he wanted to actually kill people

The tone of 7.1 is so fucking perfect, the color and cinematography blow me away when I look back at it
Seriously I don't know how they got that piece of kino into theaters

Deathly Hallows as a whole movie is best

agreed i love it a lot yates made kino with hbp too but it was different, it had a gothic french feel and 7.1 was up close and personal and the pallete was Portuguese, serra did a great job with the cinematography.

they got it into theaters because the original print for the deathly hallows was 5.5 hours long and they didn't think they would be able to even touch on the hallows and call it the deathly hallows without splitting it up.

yates switched to a lot of handheld for 7.1 and scenes like godrics hollow, malfoys manner and the woods ministry stuff are so well shot

I will never get the 7.1 is best meme. Half of it is just camping in the forest. This movie should have been half an hour shorter.

The pacing on Goblet of Fire is weird, I guess it's because it's such a thick book with so little time to cover it all.But they don't really linger on anything, everything feels like it's been skimmed through.

It's kino you pleb, it takes its time and shows you some great, drab grey landscapes

I watched these so long ago I don't remember the plots of any of them? Are all 8 of them one continuous story? Can someone sum it up?

It really allows the story a bit to breathe without being at hogwarts. idk the woods stuff doesnt bother me it moves along just fine, and in the book they were in the woods for a while. i think it works without being too long and the pacing is fine and so it melds nicely when ron comes back and the climax kicks in, deathly hallows really is the only book that had a middle climax to split up. dobbys death is a great climax. goblet of fire could have been two movies but ootp and hbp definitely didnt have midway points to end on. its the only inatance i think the part 1 is necessary and executed well.

its just a very somber mood as it should be though the main themes are isolation and sacrifice/comraderie and it focuses on harry and the trio more inter-personally

I've seen enough grey landscapes in my life.

how about you rewatch them instead of posting

poor baby please tell me how you would light this or a graveyard or london etc

They're all shit desu guys.

That would take more time than I have left to live

It would take 19 hours or so, big whoop. Sorry you're dying soon

Prisoner of Azkaban, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1 are the undisputed pure cinema. The rest you can basically pick and choose depending on your taste.

Start Monday and watch one movie a week, then finish with both Deathly Hallows on Sunday.

I'm not usually one to care about comparing movies to the books but holy shit did Deathly Hallows Part 2 piss me off with all the shit it skipped and fucked up. The biggest offenders for me were completely skipping Fred's death scene and having the characters barely react to his corpse that's shown for a fraction of a second, and Voldemort and Bellatrix just turning to black dust when they die. What the fuck was up with that? Why did they suddenly decide to retcon what dying looks like for these two characters? It looked so fucking stupid and out of place. I did appreciate Emma Watson being soaking wet and showing her cleavage, though, that was nice.

>hey i dont like what you like its shit XD

This
If you like comfy pick 1 and 2
If you like action pick 4 5 or 7.2

>first 3 not in top tier
Stop

>Patrician tier:

Ordet, Carl Th. Dreyer

Horrifying crimes against aesthetics for troglodytes tier:

Everything else

>huge hp fan as a kid
>read the first 5 books
>watched the first 3 films
>be 12 when the 6th book comes out
>too cool for school so stopped reading
>still have no idea how the story ends

Is a marathon do-able? I remember that the first movie wasnt very good

>The Sorcerer's Stone was released 15 years ago

they both died completely different and so did others so its implied you can die differently?

not much was really skipped to be honest, fred dying was still sad, but snapes death and even harrys were more emotional which is just the route they took. naginis death and voldemorts demise were kind of sweet.

>sorcerers

calm down Columbus, you'res are good but some of the others are better

>being a Bongistani

The first movie isn't particularly good, but it's C O M F Y because it's one of those movies you first watched as a child when your life was still simple and the world was still interesting, and you will forever associate the watching experience with those feelings.

If you didn't like the first one you might not like the first two. but even the second feels different and has a different cinematographer. the dp for 1 is john seale he just did mad max fury road. and the dp for 2 also did 4 but he did 12 monkeys and brazil etc. they are very marathonable. they all have a different feel go for it.

I'm not gonna give him a (You), but why is that pasta with a picture of a bunch of random books in every HP thread? Is it supposed to be funny or something?

Also, in which movie did Hermione look the best?

all, all her looks were great

Like I give a shit, I'm not even Anglo. It was called Stone Of The Wise here, as was the book.

The point is we don't have to choose. My dick

Yeah but with those other dudes that turned into dust or whatever, it was at least some big, extravagant new spell that we hadn't seen until this point, so I could buy it having that, until that point, unseen effect on people. But Bellatrix and Voldemort were just killed by killing curses, they should have just dropped dead. Harry didn't turn into black dust when he got hit, neither did Cedric or that spider. It was really inconsistent and distracting. And god damn did she look good in these movies.

kill yourself

please

>everything feels like it's been skimmed through.
literally how i felt during every single HP flick

Are you a dane

no you kill yourself for being a bookfag, even i liked the books but stop

I can tell you where she looked worst, it was Prisoner of Azkaban because of that awful pink hoodie that looks like it cost $10.

No that's literally just how goblet of fire is, the adaptations all got everything across even better emotionally than the books did. Goblet was the worst offended they butchered it, the others had lots of fat.

if the movies were actually better than the books i wouldn't have told you to kill yourself

but they aren't

No, Germ.

listen dude its okay if you are a bookfag and actually compare the fucking films to a book, but i dont they are different. and they are good whether your jk rowling bookfag self thinks so or not

and you are actually a faggot who should kill themeselves for thinking rowling is a good writer and the main characters were well written, just fuck off.

Books like those are almost unadaptable especially when most of the material that is essential to use in the story is the least amount available. Most of the stuff is non important to the MC.

Actually my least favorite is 5

But the fifth is horrendous, too short and teenage shit
The sixth feels weird and too much teenage shit..

>for thinking rowling is a good writer and the main characters were well written

lmao you literally decided what my opinion was for me

well done, retard

Six is the best or one of the best because it strays from the book. Eveything it does works and melds

You and every other pleb says the same broken record about teenage shit. Yea human shit really making me think. HBP got it right

le the movies suck because they werent like the books and how i imagined. dont really care

This desu

found the female

well memed my friend

inb4 "Harry Potter is shit" copypasta--
GOD DAMN IT.

HBP and PoA were garbage, OP. And all of the films pale in comparison to the books.
Yeah, pretty much every movie is like the CliffsNotes version of Harry Potter. When it isn't just making shit up at the expense of coherency.

And I'm not even just talking coherence with the books, but also between the movies themselves. It's a fucking mess.

Not really. Up until Deathly Hallows, there was a trend for the movies to get increasingly confused, forgetting to include a lot of necessary parts of the book. I mean, There were important parts skipped or rewritten from the get-go, but I think it began around Prisoner of Azkaban, with the reduction of the Marauders from "explained" to "implied." And then it just got worse from there.

Hell, it probably also happened with DH. I'll have to see when I get back to reading. Currently on Goblet of Fire and admittedly really insulted at the choppy background for Barty Crouch et al.

>hating on poa and hbp
absolute fucking pleb disregarding everything

i hope you at least realize its because of your weak attempt to be dismissive and not solely because you disagree with me

aye because you disagreeing with me is grounds for sperging in the first place, books 5-7 sucked

>they are different
Goddamn right they are different. My brother-in-law had to annoy my sister constantly while watching the films, because he hadn't read the books, and she had. Part of that may be his difficulty just following a fucking movie, but there's also the matter that they don't really explain a goddamn thing.
>Burn the Burrow
>shows up just fine the very next movie
>no explanation as to how Harry got his mirror shard
It had its moments though.

>Currently on Goblet of Fire and admittedly really insulted at the choppy background for Barty Crouch et al.
kys bookfag

so did the movies

except maybe 6

>burn the burrow
bravo though i wish we would stop i know thats the go to trigger scene.

It basically showcases harrys burning hatred for bellatrix and shows his defacto second home to hogwarts being destroyed. So everything from then on gets worse and worse. See how movies can do things differently to make a point. Well movies are filled with little things like that. But its just a five minute scene in the halfway point. everything else is great

nah dude deathly hallows part 1 was good and maybe the most faithful to the book, tonally and everything its how it should be.

and ootp imo is underrated but id write too much to explain why

exactly! my nigga

The movies must be pretty bad then because the books are dreadful.

just thinking about the scene in ootp where harry lunges at malfoy at the station for almost no reason and ron and hermione are instantly ready to hold him back always makes me kek

they arent hes going against popular and critic opinion, have you learned nothing from this board?

why havent you watched them? they are lotr are great fantasy

>Good Tier
Prizoner of Azkaban

>Passable Tier
Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Deathly Hallows 1 & 2

>Shit Tier
Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince

youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU
new FB&WTFT trailer came out yesterday

are we hype?

i'm hype

nope HBP is so good it hurts. and DH1 and POA are in patrician tier

ive seen it so much i know that hermione is startled and holds on to her bookbag. ron holds him back and he lunges at malfoy cause hes sick of his shit, hes not having a good time

The real question is why haven't we streamed this shit yet, someone tell me a good site or two and maybe we can sometime.

The moment the students stopped wearing robes is the moment the show went to shit. Seriously. The quality of the series dropped significantly the moment they fucked with the wardrobe. Must have marked some major shakeup in terms of direction.

>stopped watching them after the 5th one
Should I finish the series?

Uh dude, the school had been closed temporarily.

hell yeah i rewatch the movies every year

Autism. Cuaron did it for multiple reasons, one being it made them act better, watch a fucking video before you act like you are a fucking director. And they wear their uniforms a ton in 3 4 5 6.

It's done aesthetically by choice obviously too to show they are older and different. And inb4 they acted like shit, well Cuaron wanted Emma Watson to do children of men after doing PoA, she couldnt because of Goblet. Cuaron was offered Goblet but did children of men because pre production and post production would have overlapped

they wear their robes all the time loads of times, they dont wear them when its not the school day you nerd

Hey. Hey user.

What the fuck was up with PoA's total overhaul on the Hogwarts layout?

Why did the Dementors always go for Harry? They feed on happiness, and his bad memories were what caused his blackouts, not a reason for them to like him, and for THEM to cause his blackouts.

How does Lupin know how to use the map, and why is Harry's Patronus a stag?

Why does he think it was his father at the lake? Certainly if he saw himself he might think so, but he didn't, the Patronus was blocking him, then he blacked out and all you can see are his stupid Muggle clothes.

On that note, why the fuck is a racist like Malfoy wearing Muggle clothing? Actually, why is Ron? They're purebloods, shouldn't they have robes as natural outfits? Weasley Sweaters aside (he never even liked them).

Why is Ron so goddamn useless?

What's the deal with Hermione's cat?

Why does Sirius attempt to get Lupin to remember his human heart or whatever when he's transforming? What the fuck does that accomplish? He's afflicted with lycanthropy, he's not hulking out.

Actually, why are werewolves so stupid-looking?

Why did it end in a cheesy freeze-frame at the end?

How does Harry know what the Horcruxes are, since Dumbledore doesn't show him any memories relating to their identity?

Why does he only show Harry so few memories relating to Riddle?

Why does the Half-Blood Prince feature so minimally in a movie titled Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? What effect are we supposed to have with his reveal?

Why did Bellatrix Lestrange just smash shit, and where the fuck are Dumbledore's Army?

WHY DO THEY BURN THE BURROW?

I know this is a holdover from OotP but why do all Death Eaters have a weird smoky flight? Is that supposed to be apparating? What the fuck is up with that?

>
It basically showcases harrys burning hatred for bellatrix and shows his defacto second home to hogwarts being destroyed.
That's retarded. You're retarded.
I'm hype.

Hello christopher

>tfw I fucked up the quoting
God damn it.

3>6>1>4>7.1>7.2>2>5

>what the fuck was up with PoA's total overhaul on the Hogwarts layout
I wouldnt say this if I didnt mean it but stopped reading. Heres a hint the films were all different and they even went to scotland to film poa. Th ats literal autism if the layout is bothering you that much, it really is autism. I'm sorry.

It doesn't matter which one you like or think is the worst now, Cursed Child will be the worst of all when it inevitably gets a movie adaptation.

>the fuck was up with PoA's total overhaul on the Hogwarts layout?
They changed directors, it was a really big deal at the time.

>4>7.1
unforgiveable curse that is

serves you right you mong

>That's retarded. You're retarded.
wow you really don't know how to even basically analyze a film, like buzzfeed has better chops than you. did you know?

no harry potter is so much better in britian

they also had to actually go to scotland to film, the great hall and common rooms and class rooms were the same

Its unfilmable they will do something that actually focuses on the trio. That shit is tailored to a play completely. They might throw money at them for proper sequels like 2 or 3

>Why does he think it was his father at the lake? Certainly if he saw himself he might think so, but he didn't, the Patronus was blocking him, then he blacked out and all you can see are his stupid Muggle clothes.
he thinks about his dead father a lot. the themes with the time travel have to do with the past like his parents and parents friends, divination and prophecy. the future past and present is all intertwined.

fuck you are stupid

>Why did the Dementors always go for Harry?
Because they're still working for Voldemort and Voldemort wants Harry dead

Why did they change the location of Hagrid's hut after the second movie? I liked this comfy location at the edge of the woods much better than at the bottom of some godforsaken hill.

>Why does the Half-Blood Prince feature so minimally in a movie titled Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? What effect are we supposed to have with his reveal?
Its supposed to kick you in the gut when Snape not says who he is but physically kicks harrys wand away as he lays on the grounds as hagrids hutt burns, a dark mark is above hogwarts dumbly is dead and harry knew all along that something was up. Its sad for snape killing Dumbledore but the films focus
literally directly on harry.

Something something they had 3 different directors after the second one

Oh please, as if that'll stop WB from filming it anyway.

they actually released a statement a few days ago saying they arent and have no plans 'its a play only' type of statement. the play is sold out in london for almost all of next year already and they want it on broadway they et al. they have no plans for it but granted they would rather do it then try another dc comics movie. But they want to maximize profits on theater so they really could just do other sequels and then cursed child and make twice as much

T H I S
H
I
S

dont be lewd

mmm yeah i fucking love feet
o baby do i like feet
when i see a girl my first thought is "let me see her fucking feet"
you guys are fucking mentally challenge

i dont like feet i like her back legs neck face etc in that picture

what about the rest of her body

i'd live betwixt her loins

le ebin what body ami right?

That was his "Yo Dough let me out" moment

same

>Goblet of Fire
>Bad
>has one of the baddest villain entrances in a children's fantasy film

The nigga pops out of a couldron in a ball of flesh and smoke then summons his buds to fuck around, how can anyone, after watching the last 20 minutes of tgus film, think it is bad?

thirded

I wonder how many times I've seen this

6 has some genuinely fantastic cinematography. 6, 5 and 4 are beautifully shot at times. You can hate these films, but the quality does shoot up after 3

i really just want an excuse to keep posting

i have your your answer

The directing was too batshit but it was consistently batshit, so you either are ok with it or think the others are better. The first 2 hours were shouting and swooping craziness. They all had good climaxes from 3 on. Newell was directing everyone as if they were Mad eye Moody, barty crouch jr is licking himself its so bad and sir michael gambon who was humble yet eccentric in prisoner of azkaban, as he also read the book, is made into a madman

They are just too many

I really feel like the ending made up for the pacing problems. The movie characters dont have to be the same completely as the books. Dumbledore and other characters seem to be going through added tension, I'm okay with that. It doesn't seem out of place when people who are in the know are bugging out about magic Hitler resurrecting

how perfect can one woman be

>she will never poop on your chest

What's stopping ya !??

thats the last thing i would want.. then again i just had some loose shit

Came to this thread just to make sure this was posted.

Cut your fucking toenails.

not a footfag but she does every time except there

Jesus fuck she is a gorgeous woman

Goddamn

He was always a little bitch, user.
He was willing to talk shit when he had his m8s and snape around, but the only times he ever got in a fight, both magic or physical, he got his ass kicked.

He reminded me more of a girl bully, honestly, what with his obsession with status put downs above all others, and without the action that male upper class twat bullies perform.
Not surprising since him and Pansy were based on people that bullied Rowling.

yea..yea

wew thanks, thanks fampai

Post more Emma plz

Harry Potter Films

>i dont like it

>Liking any of them

Is this a meme? Seriously though, all the films are pretty garbage.

Is that the average HP movie fan?

my sides

>hivemind mentality episode

Really, I'm curious what people like about them. Is it just nostalgia? The "whimsy" of it or something?

For some reason everybody likes PoA, but I remember it was just full of pointless scenes that don't really develop anything and only serve as a "lol look magic n shit" reminder. I mean, if that's what people find endearing about it I'd figure they'd appreciate the first two more because at least they aren't as (literally) grimdark half the time; when I look back on every post-PoA film I remember muted colors in grays and browns and shit (especially HBP).

I just don't see any reason to like them, and every reason to feel apathy for them.

>muh grimdark
i guess you just dont into film. they are all extremely different being six different cinematographers and 4 directors, sorry you don't have a nice tv.

1 - austrialian
2 - english
3 - new zealander
4 - english
5 - polish
6 - french
7 - portugeues
8 - portugeeys

all different atmospheres and a series with actual progression. cuarons and yates are top tier

you either like the british nature or you dont

portuguese*** oops

Everyone pretends to like 3 more because it was directed by a Mexican. It makes them feel more patrician and use it in order to impress gullible plebs.

Four is easily the worst, not only a terrible adaptation but an awful movie as well. Terrible editing, pacing and effects, and some pretty laughably bad performances as well.

>mfw I saw this terrible movie

Did the atmosphere call for ugly visuals? Especially in the 6th, it was like the whole thing was strained through this hideous gray/green/brown filter.

That's only one problem with it, though. There's quite a few points where it's like they expect you to read the book to get it, the acting is mediocre and extremely hammy throughout (especially Voldemort's), the aforementioned pointless "lol magic" scenes...

>Did the atmosphere call for ugly visuals? Especially in the 6th, it was like the whole thing was strained through this hideous gray/green/brown filter.
you realize this is regurgitated all the time ny plebs. yes the gothic look contributes greatly to the entire film and hogwarts becomes a character itself, its dreary and yet dreamlike.

6 looks gorgeous, im sorry you cant appreciate different things when film is a showcase for this. delbonnel did great work on hbp and yates directing was extremely tight

The acting is good and its likely because they are all british. Watch more films.

Goblet of Fire was pretty much
>Okay, Voldemort comes back in this one
>What about the rest of the book
>
>
>Shit

It was a master flick but the worst in the series, you know the director gets it wrong when spergy hermione seems the most normal and least spergy out of everyone.

It was shit

I remember being massively disapointed in the fight in the ministry in 5.
Was looking forward to some flashy duel action and all i got was fucking smoke clouds.

People in the audience loved it, normies think its the best. I said it was the worst

Whatever you say, m8. Personally, I fell asleep about halfway through HBP; there was nothing really interesting or compelling going on. Didn't Death Eaters burn down the Burrow at some point for some reason? But they didn't actually hurt the family or try to capture Harry?

In any case, points for trying but there are probably many ways to make a film atmospheric without making it hideous as well.

The acting is mediocre. There's absolutely no subtlety or much of any effort put into it. Especially Voldemort. I heard that he and Lucius Malfoy's actor were competing over who could be the most over-the-top.

I'm not sure what "It's British" has anything at all to do with it. Is it like a "don't be mean to a retarded kid" thing?

>mfw I can't tell if I'm being baited with all this

Such a shame, considering it was based on the best book

maybe if you could watch a film without falling asleep you would see that the cinematography doesnt have to do with just color

mate this board has shit taste in acting, anything with british people is automatically good

youtube.com/watch?v=6Tbffj_04cI

I hope you're joking. That was the best part of the movie.

>mfw literally every instance of "connecting wands" is pointless and unjustified besides the first
>mfw they didn't even explain why it happened the first time either

>"Lol just read the books!"
>"And then ignore it happening for no reason because it looks so coolz!"

Shit

"My Immortal" is hands-down the greatest fanfic ever written.

Why is Goblet of Fire lowest tier. The scene where harry and the dead kid come out of the maze and his father runs up to him crying was amazing.

see
it amazes me that an old buzzfeed article i happened upon has more frame analysis than most people have in all these threads

babbys tier

So if they could get to the Burrow, why couldn't they get to Harry? Why did they engage in minor vandalism when they could have abducted him for Voldemort?

>mfw you are actually thinking about the plot while watching film
Plebs truly cage themselves

Maybe so, but still underwhelming.
I wanted it to go down exactly like in the books. The book version of that was probably the best part out of all the books.

I really loved all the rooms leading up to the duel in the Department of Mysteries, and pretty much all of them were cut from the movie. What a crock of shit. No brain room = no buy

>WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
You are a fucking idiot if you don't at least acknowledge some of the GOAT cinematography in the later films. Some scenes are gorgeous

i think they did but they retreated. the burrow was almost the defacto hiding spot for all the good wizards like the rest of the order of the phoenix, it was like sending a message if they could terrorize it so quickly and curse it while harry was there or not.

the film focuses on harry though so its just showing everything crumbling around him, the film is basically like the last hurrah, its a pretty normal school year, perhaps their most normal save for dumbeldore dying

they filmed the brain scene write to yates and maybe he will make a DC. the others dont need a DC.

in my opining OOTP works well and less can be more. Who knows what else they cut though he says he filmed a three hour movie

>Did the atmosphere call for ugly visuals?
Did you watch the fucking movies, user?

Did you preorder your Transformers 5 tickets yet?

people on this board dont watch films with any breaks except when viewing on their phone screen, dont think, pass off everything they might not like at first as shit or not even give it a rewatch, don't have a clue as to what good editing, pacing, and tone are or even have the ability to understand cinematography

I understand that but it's still pretty jarring that it shows them arbitrarily getting through what should be highly advanced defenses, while failing to do anything more important than causing property damage. It creates a bit of a plothole which can nag at anyone not performing the "just don't think about it" approach.

Right man? It's like they didnt even watch the same film

lots of scenes are gorgeous

>"The acting is mediocre"
>90 percent of the cast are British thespians
>half of the cast have literal Oscars under their belts
>Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon offer some of the most subtle performances in the whole series

I'm convinced you are retarded

This guy gets it
>Exploring the amazing rooms
>Chase scene in said rooms desparately fighting off Death Eaters, while one after another of the DA gets taken out
>Order arrives and first instance of actual duels in the series
>Dramatic death
>Followed by the only time we ever see Dumbledore in full action
>The only one he ever feared vs Voldemort himself

So much potential, its just sad

Well considering this board just auto-shits on Wes Anderson and PTA for all the edgey contrarian updoots, I'm not surprised

It basically an 'u don it nao harry' feel, hes gradually losing control and getting in the thick of it and isn't safe and neither are his friends and close ones, (which is why he and the trio go off on their own in dh) they all start dying first with dumbeldore and then everyone under the sun. Harry runs out of the house after bellatrix while a fire is burning, its mean tomshowmhis frustration, the entire film he thinks malfoy is up to something and he tragically is unable to save dumbledore

Don't get triggered, m8.

I watched all of them except for parts of the 6th, which was a chore to get through. I enjoyed them when I was younger but it became quickly obvious when I looked back on them that they require heavy suppression of common sense. What I see here is an argument of style over substance, which I guess is a legitimate viewpoint, though no more than wanting for the latter.

Even if one conceded that the films looked good, there'd still be a plethora of problems to account for, especially in regards to plot.

Alright, I'll allow that there's *some* good acting. A bit of sugar on the shit makes up for it, I guess.

>heavy suppression of common sense. What I see here is an argument of style over substance
you have unforgiving bad taste theres no problems that arent nitpicking, the story does have substance, thats why so many contrarians didnt like yates directing, he is personal and dramatic

>Great tier:
>Deathly Hallows 1

a fucking borefest

Right, but what I'm asking is whether it was worth creating a plothole, and maybe if there was a way to show the "nowhere is safe" idea without one. I mean, if that was the primary objective, than wouldn't the infiltration of Hogwarts itself and the results of such be just as effective in getting the point across?

I can't believe you typed that out and thought it was a good idea to hit enter. Boring is the single most pleb critique anyone can muster. You have to go back

>infiltration of Hogwarts
It's been a while since I watched the movies and I don't keep track of what's in books and what aren't in the movies, but isn't that covered in DW as well?

they do infiltrate hogwarts the film just builds gradually, hogwarts is constantly being shown being protected yet its dark and uncertain within. Its no coincidence the scene happens at the precise middle of the film

Prisoner of Azkaban is the greatest Harry Potter film by leagues and leagues.

None of the others even come close to it.

Agreed but the autist disagrees
His triggered autism will throw a fit again so please don't say too much

sorry but you're wrong, 6 and 7.1 are so fucking well made

Great taste and cinematic understanding detected.

>theres no problems that arent nitpicking
"Just don't think about it"

>contrarian
If anything I'd have thought Cred Forums would be the contrarian by picking apart something which presumably millions of people will rabidly defend beyond all reason, justified or not.

That people would defend HP regardless of its quality for one reason or another (nostalgia, "it's for kids", popularity, etc.) was another fact I picked up on as I grew. My surprise is that it applies here of all places.

Good

>Prisoner of Azkaban, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1 are the undisputed pure cinema. The rest you can basically pick and choose depending on your taste.
>If you like comfy pick 1 and 2
>If you like action pick 4 5 or 7.2

Nice nice you two know whats up

Thank you. It's nice to see other cinematic patricians on this board.

Comfy as Fuck Tier:
>1 and 2

Great Tier:
>3

Who Gives a Shit Tier:
>Everything else

thats the designated samefag who comes to every thread to complain about the same thing. i wouldnt be too pleased with myself.

Are you trying to insinuate that any defense of these films is just automatically blind praise? You seem to live in a very small world.

If Harry broke the Elder Wand in 7.2 than how did he fix his wand?

Do I have to read the books?

Yes

Malfoy most effay character in the series.

where do you think you are?

What are you saying?

Chamber is the best one right after Prisoner. The rest are yes man tier garbage. yes even the first one which is directed by the same guy

>harry potter
>patrician tier

top kek

Im saying that you just keep ignoring valid positive criticisms of why these films have great cinematography and good acting. People put actual effort intocthese films

It could be worse...it could have been The Golden Compass and I dont think you appreciate just how easy it could have been to fuck this up

You're replying to a chronic samefag neet, m8.

I dont even want to think about you're reasoning there and i love chamber but it's really really not one of the better ones

3 1/2 stars out of 4 OP

you did it

When you dismiss valid issues as "nitpicking" and "contrarianism"? Yes, it's a perfectly valid conclusion to come to.

You can gussy up a house as much as you like, but if it has cardboard foundations it's still a shitty house.

>Harry's wand breaks during snek fight
>Has to use shit replacements throughout the film
>Wins god-tier wand from Voldemort
>Snaps it and tosses off bridge
>Phoenix wand still broke

Im a different user, faggot

>valid issues
>autism
Now this is shitposting

Yea 'valid criticisms' wait he got btfo

It is. The first one had to be safe and the 2 after are pure directors sensibility. 4 was damage control after losing their best director and the rest are just anti art by a cafe director.

This affirms maybe half of you have little to no common sense.

Comfy Tier
>Sorceror's Stone

>Meh Tier
Everything else

I know people hung around because it was their childhood but magic is inherently a childish thing. It's cute when Harry and his friends are little kids, but it just seems a little ridiculous by the time of the later flicks. And the way they always had to raise the stakes, right?

In the original they're not really in much danger until the very end, just dealing with school stuff. By the end every other scene someone's dying and they're constantly fighting death eaters and shit. Total tone shift.

He decided to keep Malfoy's want forever and lord it over him

What a world you live in user

Its extremely underrated right?

Patrician rank

>pleb tier
All but Azkaban, Sorceror's Stone and Chamber of Secrets
>fun for children's movies
Sorceror's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Azkaban

That's how it is when you actually know stuff about cinema and art.

You'll never be /advanced/ if you're watching flicks for "entertainment"

the people who dont like harry potter enjoy things like capeshit, mad max fury road, sicario, edge of tomorrow, spring breakers, refn, the social network, just extreme tryhard sensibilities

That's a different user, m8

>there is a problem with mad max and sicario
>putting these two films in the same realm as "capeshit"

WEW, these new post-Millennials now who are getting just old enough to visit r/Cred Forums and then come here sure do know how to talk like absolute faggots

I don't care for Harry Potter or capeshit

They're about the same level, really

>art cant be entertainment meme
>entertainment cant be art meme

Can you please fuck off with this?

And the people who do like it like stuff like: Twilight, Hunger games, airport/YA novel adaptation #65, inception, the list goes on. Probably some of the most unapologetic troglodytes I have ever seen.

HAHAHAHA

go watch birdman and sicario and dont forget spring breakerz

Thats a faggot who thinks columbus is good, do you think he could be more pretentious about his taste?

user, maybe we live in a world where people can enjoy both high art and entertainment? I dont eat fine steaks every night, but I also dont eat popcorn for lunch every day either.

Really makes you think

no we have our usual tag team going on right here
Pretty obvious

You keep saying that birdman and sicario are the same as capeshit...do you need it explained to you how retarded this sounds?

Thanks user.

I have found my people :)

Seriously, the amount of people who hate 6 is incomprehensible to me.

The only reason I ever watch any of the other 7 is for nostalgia or as part of a marathon, 6 is the only one I watch cause I legitimately enjoy it as a movie.

>it is
Hilarious. You're the reason why trash like Birdmens and The Revenant are considered "art"

He's just false flagging like his autism tells him to

Literally everything is art. Sorry this triggers you. We cant all just watch The Holy Mountain on repeat while masturbating to a mirror

You have to go back

Harry Potter is art

You dont rrally appreciate film if you dont appreciate Birdman. You really dont. Transformers 5 tickets are available online for early preorders on ticketmaster.com

Yes, everything that is made inan art form is art.

cringe as fuck

Unfortunately that affords them a legendary level of thick-skinned ignorance in which logic and reason meet abject denial, and eventually, the proclamation that "it's subjective" or "muh opinions".

This is almost word for word what people defending Twilight, Hunger Games, etc. have said to me.

Nothing I said was ((((rebbit))) you fucking tourist.

Yes

People hate water, people hate everything.
Prisoner and Dh1 are up there with HBP for me. I can watch them anytime.

What did you think of Paths of the Soul, Homo Sapiens and Siti? All pretty much "high art" and just as accessible as your "entertainment" flicks. And based on your post you should have seen them so lay it on me, big boy.

I can't, you pretty much nailed it (I'd personally switch PoA and HPB there but it's close enough, and bang on for the rest)

>This (You) # is almost word for word what people defending Twilight, Hunger Games, etc. have said to me.

So fucking what? It is a solid argument no matter who uses it. I can like both the Hunger Games and arthouse at the same time, my brain is able to differentiate why I like two different things for different reasons

Can you not? Does autism get in the way?

nigger Welcome to the patricians choice, glad to have you here user

>thinking this cherrypicked autism is an argument
I watch what I want to you autist. Whether I have or havent seen your three movies you posted has nothing to do with the argument.

pretty sure you can find even more obscure films that normies don't watch

Prove me wrong, tourist

Don't reply to pasta, its why he keeps posting. Fun fact: Rowling wanted Gilliam to direct

he hasn't seen them because people that post things like that don't ever actually watch ""art"" films. they'll tell you they have the same taste as you but you can ask them and they will just beat around the bush over and over.

I'm still upset at DH2
So much potential, and DH1 was so good
Starts off great too

and then it throws it all away in the second half, completely flubbing the Battle of Hogwarts and everything it (like offscreening Fred for fuck's sake)

>calling someone a tourist because they think birdman is shit
all time low

>still not an argument
>no true scotsman autism

Because it isnt really shit and if you pretend to like movies and respect medium while at the same time not seeming to care or appreciate what Birdman did as a film, then you are quite seriously an autist

>5 minutes
>still nothing
That's what I thought. So much for watching both.

Glad to know the meme still lives on in 2016 though. :^)

>I can like both the Hunger Games and arthouse at the same time

You can like them. But when the discussion is "are they good films?", it all but concedes the point that they're lesser.

No reason wanting for something greater and lamenting when potential isn't reached is a bad thing. Though I'll concede that the motivation is usually more "lol I'm better" than altruistic love for art. Especially on Cred Forums.

Look at these posts and remember, this is the type of anal devastation the capeshit board whines about when people say they like wizard fantasy. Yes Harry Potter. You will never see such posts in any other threads. This is how triggered losers get over Harry Potter. The copypastas and this. Priceless

The point is that there is no objective scale for film, some titles like Hunger Games can be good for different reasons than what makes arthouse "good". I think some of you dont get or understand that different movies do different things. So you autistically judge literally everything by this impossible scale that nothing short of materpieces will reach. Is the Hunger Games some masterful work of cinema? No. Does that make it bad? No.

If you cant understand that nobody is stopping you from liking both "entertainment" AND "art", if you can't seperate in your head that movies are not one size fits all, then you just live in a sad world with limited experiences with the medium. You just fucking do.

sorry film is subjective you think something can be shit if you dont like it but if someone doesnt like innaritu they are insulting the medium? the direction was shit. keaton is based innaritu is the opposite, birdman is oscar wankery.

This isnt really explaining in any detail why you thought it was a shit movie. Just a lot of repeated pasta lines like "it was shit"

Can you spend a few more synpases actually creating a constructive criticism on what is (((allegedly))) a "film and tv" board?

Gonna watch Half-Blood Prince right now

What are you saying here?

First of all...

> HP patrician tier

jajaja no. The movies all suck balls. Specially Half blood prince and both 7th ones.

The only decent one is Azkaban and even that is full of plot holes.
The first one is OK as a kids movie though.

>the best part of the Half Blood Prince book was Harry learning about Voldemort's family
>the movie cut out most of that but kept in all of the cliche romance
>in the book the inferi attack was creepy
>in the movie the inferi look like shit so the creep factor is completely lost
I don't get you people who drool over the Half Blood Prince movie. Prisoner of Azkaban was by far the best movie since it didn't cut out too much from the book and had a great director at the helm.

Youve been answered you illiterate faggot

That "we live in a world where people can enjoy both high art and entertainment" is a meme that has been used for years by people who don't actually do the former.

From books to television, on every board and even the pedofaggots.

I seriously meant that people can enjoy both, and there is nothing wrong with that. I didnt make it a fucking meme. Its a true statement.

3 6 and 7 are the best without a doubt.

>I seriously meant that people can enjoy both,
But the ones who post saying stuff like that 100% of the time don't which is evident by your defensive posts.
>I didnt make it a fucking meme. Its a true statement.
Its a meme and has been for years.

the cave scene was one of the best in the movie though.

>i dont get you people
says the bookfag, the films focus on harry and the trio

>movies are not one size fits all

I know they aren't. You know, I honestly don't care much for Star Wars. I watched them all, I enjoyed myself, and I'd never say they weren't good films (the originals, anyway), but I don't care to go back and watch them.

Again, nobody's saying you can't enjoy the films. But when the discussion is purely in regards to the quality of the films, "it's just opinion" is too often a cop-out. Don't tell me there aren't too many people who will get royally assblasted just because a legitimate flaw is recognized, not overlooked.

When I said "this is what people who defend etc. etc. say to me IRL", it refers to discussions where I try to engage in legitimate, non-confrontational conversation, only to be swiftly dismissed as "hipster" or "contrarian" and have the conversation turned confrontational because someone's feelings get hurt on behalf of their "perfect" favorite franchise.

Well its not a meme this time. Take it as a point or not

inferi were goat
>when they show all of them underwater in a huge pile and twisting and climbing eachother
reminded me of this

Movie?

But film isn't an artform.

The medium of film and making film is an art form, yes.

Do you not understand why film is an art?

What is this movie called?

This guy gets it.

>the films focus on harry and the trio

They do (probably because the salaries of the main cast would be wasted if they adapted it right) but many of HP books are not even about Harry.

The third book is about James and his friends.
It all ties to that. The marauder's map, the animagus, why Harry thinks he sees his dad when he makes a patronus... all of it.

The sixth book is about Voldemort and Snape. Getting to know about Tom's family and Snape past is glorious.
Not only one gets why Snape originally aligned with him but it makes one doubt about who the half blood prince really is.
The fact that in the book it could have been any of them also implies that Snape could just as easily been just like Voldy.

The 7th book is about Dumbledore and Grindewald and putting in doubt everything Harry thought he knew about his protector.
On the movies it is hinted the movie is gonna go that way but then it just becomes that ugly boring mess about camping and arguing and figuring what to do without Dumbledore (even though that's pretty much what they've been doing since they where 11)

Not to mention the movie ruins the ending completely.

Even if not paired with the books the movies suck.

The Half Blood Prince is the best HP movie like Season 6 is the best Game of Thrones season