Is this one of the greatest scifi movies of all time?

Is this one of the greatest scifi movies of all time?

why is it so vastly underrated bros?

Sadly it was made both too early and too late

I blame Star Wars. It would have been better if it was made now.

I saw this in theaters when I was super young. I went in thinking it would be all boring. Ended up loving it. Still do. Doesn't get the love it deserves.

it's on par with every other kubrick film, and might be spielberg's best work.

>Hey Joe, what do ya know?
>Hey Jane, how's the game?

Why did neither answer the other's question?

Really good fucking movie until the end and I feel like it kinda goes off the rails. Still enjoyed the hell out of it.

the last third of the moive is trash, that's why.

She will make you a boy for I will make her a woman

i dont think the film would've been as heartfelt and creative if kubrick had actually headed it

what issue do you have with the ending? i balled my eyes out for 20 minutes as it came to a close

pure artificially realized fairy tale poetry kino desu senpai

When I was a kid my favorite character in movies would always die. Then I saw this and my favorite character was the only one who lived.

I still want my own Teddy...

Fuck yeah teddy was a boss

kys autismo

Why/how was that guy from the beginning there at the end and where did he go after talking to HJO?

rude

Cheers Ted.

>Is this one of the greatest scifi movies of all time?
After playing through the ARG the movie was so fucking disappointing. Microsoft did more with the setting's lore than Kubrick and Spielberg combined and told a more interesting story for adults.

Fuck, I'm still mad.

Do you think teddy was the AI's like, consultant?
Nigga worked for the A.Iiens giving them the happs on objects locations and shit.

arg?

People miss the point of the end.
And think it was random Aliens.

A sequel where Teddy goes on adventures with future beings to uncover the mysteries of the human race.

I would love that. Especially if Teddy got to where different costumes throughout.

I'd watch it.

ARG = Alternate reality game

That's already in the works

It's called Ted 3

rude

his issue is "DUDE THE CRITICS SAY THE ENDING IS TERRIBLE EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T THINK THAT WHEN I WATCHED IT"

If I told you that the ending of ANY MOVIE was terrible, most people would agree.

Like Saving Private Ryan ending was terrible.

The ending of Star Wars was fucking terrible.

The last third of Spirited Away was just terrible.

memes....

Nothing in this post is correct. you're a fucking idiot.

if that dude was made to be a pleasure-bot why did they make him with a receding hairline?

This movie fucked me up hard as a kid

The ending is shit. If it would have just ended with him in the water it would be hailed as one of his best movies.
(pic related)

I haven't seen it but Spielberg making a Kubrick film is still crazy to me.

They're such different filmmakers, it seems like a really inappropriate match

Because a child was a main character.

The ending caused me to hyperventilate at a time I wore patches for asthma. I was young and was processing the thought of the human race simply not existing.