Star Trek Beyond

Now that the webrip is out what did you guys think of this movie?

>le we waz kangz
>le gay character
>le powerful woman character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/781545440550367232
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>le powerful woman character
hardly, she won one fight.

>le gay character
would have been completely fine if the shot was 1 second shorter, it certainly dates the movie.

>le we waz kangz
? what ?
The villain was stupid if that's what you mean.

Overall, much better than the first two.

So bad that it killed the franchise. Again.

are you kidding? i thought the movie was shit. Especially with all the forced minorities and sjw shit.

I knew the bad guy was black before it was revealed from his fucking annoying voice where you could barely understand him

The female fighting scene was fucking gay. Wtf was she supposed to be anyway? Also why the fuck was the female character ms nig randomly following blackey around like "hey random person I'm going to tell you my evil plan for no reason, follow me."

Then the forced gay scene where the 2 dads meet their gook daughter.

Also it appears the aliens could have broken into the advanced space port without the secret weapon and killed them without it so i see no reason why they needed it. If anything attacking the enterprise saved the space port.

The movie was shit

Why did the life extending technology give Idris Elba an accent he didn't have before?

Other than that I liked it.

because it had to sound more we waz kangz

Forced minorities? LMAO have you never watched Star Trek before?
You are literally retarded my man. It's time you go back to your home

i wish you neets would stop trying to turn Cred Forums into reddit

This is very dumb.

I liked it, none of these things ever hindered my enjoyment. They weren't intrusive at all.

loved it, best trek movie in about 30y

Yeah, (((Gene Roddenberry))), amirite?

As if there aren't going to be side effects.

Wat did he mean by this

tiny white cock so it doesn't need room to breathe

Sometimes, movies and TV shows do force social agendas to the detriment of the overall end product. And sometimes anons just sperg out and look for things to get offended by. This is one of the latter times.

any panty in this movie?

I can't pinpoint if this is bait or not

was a lot of fun, didn't really read into any of the Cred Forums stuff though and was just happy to see the characters again. Still I thought it barely kept itself together in the last 15 minutes or so but other than that it could have used 30 extra minutes of Bones/Spock shenanigans

This

Glad to see a celebrity who isn't a smallhead chad, just like Shatner wasn't either.

Great
>Bones is given shit to do
>Kayla is not a muh stronk womyn to an annoying degree and gets her ass handed to her
>fun action scenes
>Pine plays Kirk and not Zapp Brannigan
>redpilled as fuck, movie is essentially about a nigger trying to destroy a peaceful civilization after chimping out because brute force is no longer needed
You can't deny it's way better than the other two nuTrek movies.

One of the best Trek movies desu.

It was basically a really good TOS episode with a big budget and the characters were the actual characters this time.

The warrior woman character looked awful in the trailer and actually worked very well.

She was a pretty well rounded and cool character. Even if her new race is essentially just prettier Klingons.

>are you kidding? i thought the movie was shit. Especially with all the forced minorities and sjw shit.

im starting to feel sorry for Cred Forumstards and gamergates

they literally have become just like SJWs except a bit racist, they go into every piece of media and see everything as diverse (racist) and forced (sexist) and they have to point it all out

>are you kidding? i thought the movie was shit. Especially with all the forced minorities and sjw shit.

So trigger, such butthurt. Get out of Star Trek, it's not for your kind.

I didn't really get why Idris Elba went from human to whatever the fuck he was for the majority of the movie.

Did the de-aging tech make him look like that?

He also said the original inhabitants of the planet abandoned it long ago. How does he have thousands of people fighting for him then? Did the 3 people on his crew repopulate the planet?

[subtitles:on]

Ye, that's probably why. I couldn't get the subs to work at all

the film didn't explain I completely made up in their mind that after the native humanoids were used up for draining life force for the tech they started using fish, lizards and whatever they could and their DNA changed. On the Space Station he was able to drain a load of humans until he was human again.

i liked how scottie kept calling her lassie

Well, the movie DID once again fall short of an interesting villain character. I don't blame the writers though because I honestly think that the movie originally didn't even adhere to the old "villain of the week" scheme. It has been pointed out time and again that the studio forced them to make the movie more marketable and less "Star Trek"-y (well, look how much PROFIT the movie raked in. Fuck you, Paramount.)

Otherwise I found the movie extremely enjoyable. Good character dynamics, nice visuals, lighthearted without being silly. And even though they just HAD to put in another "Spock gets emotional"-scene, at least this time he didn't try to bash somebody's head in, but shed a single tear while being borderline delirious – very much as in TMP or in the original series.
It DID feel a lot more like Star Trek than the two previous movies, even though it failed to avoid some easily avoidable pitfalls. How much of that is the studio's fault and how much of it is the writers' fault is not an easy question to answer though.
A special mention should go to Sofia Boutella as Jaylah, who was an overall likeable character that complimented the established characters very nicely.

PS:
inb4
>liked a movie that I didn't like and commented one more than one aspect
>must be a shill

>How does he have thousands of people fighting for him then?
They weren't people but rather robotic drones. Granted, it was a throwaway line, but there WAS an explanation.

>they kill the bad guys by playing Beastie Boys

THIS is why the movie sucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE

This scene tho

People don't actually think like this right?

For You's they do.

It was good, I wish we had this director from the beginning instead of Jar Jar Abrams.

The first two films were wasted potential.

>watching non-star wars

LOL NERDS, enjoy your flop

I cannot wait before people like you call TFA mediocre

THIS

Terrible movie. The other two might not have been "Star Trek", but they were at least fun action flicks. This somehow failed at that. Dumbest movie I've seen all year. Nonsensical plot. Criminally underdeveloped villain. Why does a spaceship need speed to generate lift? Alien chick was the only bright spot.

So you hating this movie to being Star Trek-y?

t. JJ Abrams

I know, me neither. Imma have to rate 6/8, bretty gud bait

How is this movie Star Trek-y? Star Trek was about ideas. This movie was about quips and pointless explosions.

Found it slow in the beginning until they left Yorktown but very enjoyable. Urban and Pegg actually got more screen time to flesh out their characters and the director was able to show Kirk's maturity in being a captain, along with his internal conflict of still wanting to be out in space

Jaylah was fuck ugly though.

You must have not seen the film yet. It was easily the most "Treky" movie of the reboots.

When it's teetering between "so bad it's bait", and "this guy might be serious" it's probably the latter.

>This movie was about quips and pointless explosions.
I think you're mixing up the movies you're criticizing. This is Start Trek, not Star Wars

>Now that the webrip is out what did you guys think of this movie?

Sorry for the ignorance, are webrop are quality decent enough to a casual?

Have you ever seen a Star Trek Episode?

>Episode starts finding a new planet
>Something bad/interesting happens
>Crew finds themself in a problem
>They need to find a solution
>Fun space battle emergens

the cognitive dissonance was amusing at first but now its just pathetic.

You know Cred Forums it's easier to enjoy films if you dont try to inject your political opinions in them.

And within that "something interesting" we are presented with social metaphors and moral dilemmas. This movie had none of that. The bad guy had a magic doomsday device that he indiscriminately used because he was just an asshole. You remove the themes of the series and you just have generic shlock.

I thought it was nice, not amazing but a lot better than Into Darkness. The ending unexpectedly felt like a brilliant close to a trilogy and an era of Star Trek. In that respect I thought they did justice to Mr. Nimoy's death.

I'm still waiting for a philosophical Trek to come back

I hate how reddit is invading this board trying to turn it into a left leaning reddit clone

1. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
2. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
3. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
4. Star Trek
5. Star Trek: First Contact
6. Star Trek Beyond
7. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
8. Star Trek: Nemesis
9. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
10. Star Trek Generations
11. Star Trek Into Darkness
12. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
13. Star Trek: Insurrection

>alliens killed by music
Hmmm.

i used to be a bit of a star trek nerd in the 90s, even had a lol enterprise uniform . i tried to watch the first jarjar movie but it was unwatchable i bounced and since then i just decided to not bother. i dont even know if star trek beyond is his second or third one.

>beastie boys causes the enemy ships to spontaneously combust

hmmm

had to look up cognitive dissonance just now.

Why the hell do psychologist lack shame? Not even in the wiki article do they even mention that 1984 exists.

I like how you literal autists have instilled these buzzwords and memes into your conscious thought when you're outside of Cred Forums and instantly go to them firsthand when you're having a discussion.

For all the buzzwords, the buzz for this movie was remarkably low.

twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/781545440550367232

hmm

There is no way insurrection is worse than final frontier. Otherwise spot on.

STAR TREK ROOF IN THAT WRAITH OF KHAN

Throw a paper plane and see it dive and then get up. Thats pretty much it

I don't even think Piccard would be disappointed

Spaceships don't have wings.

>playing the beastie boys really loud to defeat the alien swarm of destruction

>Then the forced gay scene where the 2 dads meet their gook daughter.
Wait what? Sulu was gay in this movie?
>shore leave after months in space
>meets up with guy and his daughter
>hugs and pat on back
Thought it was his brother taking care of his daughter while he was on tour. Who the hell just hugs and rubs the back of someone they're in an intimate relationship having not seen them in a year?

>Thought it was his brother taking care of his daughter while he was on tour

It's just suggestive is all and even then it was fucking nothing. It was literally a 5 second clip of 2 guys greeting eachother and Cred Forums blew it out of proportion even before the movie released like they were gonna be assfucking on screen

didnt they need terminal velocity to engage the warp drives cause it was an old ship and couldnt get off the ground in atmosphere

>Wait what? Sulu was gay in this movie?

Right, it could have been his brother or something. They didnt confirm he was gay

He's gay because Pegg said he is, they even asked original Sulu to endorse it and he was "Why would you make Sulu gay, because I am? That's stupid."

It wasn't good, but not really bad either.

Cringed when Kirk started to ride the fucking motorcycle(s) around camp, and also that shitty kung fu fighting between two aliens totally sucked.

I get why it didn't do well though, totally forgettable.

>they literally have become just like SJWs except a bit racist

SJWs are also seeing race way too much for their own good. They're a match made in heaven really.

The SJW's got angry that the gay guy disagreed with the propagandising the character and said his attitude was "disappointing."

It really lacked in action. I just don't know but entire movie felt stale and unoriginal.

Also they downed down special effects. That scene where Kirk rides motorcycle was horrible.

Soundtrack wasn't good either.

Story pretty shit too.

I'm glad I didn't went to cinema to see it.

Nah in-atmosphere starships only use impulse engines

>He also said the original inhabitants of the planet abandoned it long ago. How does he have thousands of people fighting for him then?

I didn't pay the closest attention but my assumption was that the planet was the space equivalent of a pirate harbor. The people there were various mates he had managed to capture and press into his cause over the years. He's been around for some time after all.

They were robots. Robots blow up if they listen to music, but pirates don't blow up from listening to music.

Ya that was stupid and yet the main bad guys ship didn't blow up from the music for some reason.

Because he was a pirate, and pirates love music.

Their in-atmosphere propulsion solution was ramjet based. Can't create thrust on its own until a high enough rate of air is being forced through the engine.
Which sort of makes sense for a ship needing something to putter around on when entering an atmosphere, shit will be moving at high speeds.

Where's the webrip up anyway?

I'd quite like to see it.

rarbg.com

I'll wait for the bdrip

Star.Trek.Beyond.2016.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-FGT

I think Jaylah is the greatest fictional character of all time and Sofia Boutella deserves an Oscar.