Dailly reminder that TFA ruined Luke and Ruined Star Wars

Dailly reminder that TFA ruined Luke and Ruined Star Wars.

The point of Star Wars after all six movies was that the Jedi order fell because of their outdated philosophies. Among them, romance being forbidden, which becomes their downfall when Anakin is forced to turn to Palpatine with his fear of Padme's death after Palps manipulates him into not trusting the Jedi.
The Jedi essentially kill themselves by being afraid of what they perceive as the dark side.

Before we get to how my final point, lets notice a moment of pottery.
-in episode 2 we see the (arguably) original divergent point in Anakin's life where he starts down the path that leads to destruction.
It's when he disobey's the council by going back to Tattooine to save an attachment, in this case his mother. This leads to him slaughtering the Sandpeople. Rage.
Now we come to Luke.
In episode 5, Luke makes the same choice as Anakin, he betrays the council (Yoda and Obi) to go rescue his own attachments, in this case Han and Leia.
But the difference is that he hadn't been poisoned by the Jedi's sterile lifestyle.
Yoda says
>if you leave now help them you could, but you would destroy all that you have worked for

Now notice when we start the final film, Return of The Jedi, Luke is wearing black.
He has married light and dark.
He has attachments, and he is not torn between them and the order because their is no order. Luke is a new breed of Jedi.
He's a Jedi as they should have been.
Under Luke's philosophy, Anakin would not have been driven insane with fear and guilt.

Star Wars is the story of the Jedi finding redemption.

*record scratch*
*freeze frame*
>hi i'm JJ abrams

>Luke and his entire order got rekt by a little Anakin 2.0 kid offsscreen in between movies and Luke ran and hid on a rock in the ass end of nowhere just because we need him to be the hermit Obi Wan character because money even though it ruins Luke, and it ruins Star Wars.

*post post ironic mic drop*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU
youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4
youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Good analysis, but I don't think it was intentionally written that way. People give too much credit to the inner machinations of George Lucas. He wrote the three star wars movies and then wrote prequels to get richer. The complex plots here are mostly coincidence.

I haven't seen the new movie, but has Luke's character really been ruined by this decision? He was only just introduced - it's entirely possible they will take the character in this direction as they develop him over the next film.

*poots*

lol I pooted on your analysis

They state that he went into hiding after mexican anakin somehow rekt his whole school.

Utter character assassination.

naw.

luke didn't say shit.

SNOKES IS MACE WINDU

anyways, it was a star wars movie, you can tell because it played just like star wars did.

shills... you even try?

>because it played just like star wars did.
speak english you ape

Eh. On one hand, I enjoyed the film a lot but on the other I do feel it defeats the purpose of the whole saga which is to say that at the end of RotJ Anakin fulfilled his destiny and brought balance to the force. Hopefully Episode 8 and 9 handle it better and feel more important and connected to the rest of the films.

I could accept Luke's academy being fucked up while he was away but I can't accept Luke going in to hiding.

>Yoda says
Yoda said that, and he was very nearly right. Luke was lucky to have survived. Luke's impulsiveness could have very easily cost him everything.
>He has married and light and dark.
Not really. The whole point of the throne room sequence is that Luke controls himself and rejects his more base impulses. He rejects further violence. That's the spiritual victory that made him a full-fledged Jedi.

VII is an unnecessary movie, but I don't agree with your analysis of Luke at all.

You can't deny that he is new bread of Jedi that is fine with attachments.
Him choosing to die for his friends- and his father for that matter, is proof of that..

Almost a year later, anons are still butthurt over success of TFA.

If the butthurt is justified, insults like yours are hollow.
Please go back to Cred Forums.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't resent it's success. I was however personally let down by the pathetic story and characters they gave us.

>Cred Forums
I like how you bring up your boogeymen for no reason. Fuck is wrong with you?

>triggered

What?

Spoken like a true 90s kid. SW died with the prequels, you might even argue it died during RotJ, but by the time "strong womyn & beast boy ft. relics" arrived anyone that cared should have moved on.

>you might even argue it died during RotJ
this
youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

youtube.com/watch?v=iyl3otdvXH4

>SW died with the prequels

youtube.com/watch?v=jvoFQ6E60Bc

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

lol

>The point of Star Wars after all six movies was that the Jedi order fell because of their outdated philosophies.

you mean after the prequels, and it was possibly the single worst contribution of the prequels. you realize that they did the same exact thing you're complaining about by taking a story about simple good vs evil and turning it into some half-baked parable about institutional failure

god I love false equivalences
keep em comin'

tl;dr: I'm a fat neckbeard caring about "lore" in a childrens movie

>no refutation

p-pls keep replying

>>Luke and his entire order got rekt by a little Anakin 2.0 kid offsscreen in between movies and Luke ran and hid on a rock in the ass end of nowhere

Explain your issue with this in relation to your analysis of Luke's character.

It took me 10 months but I finally hate TFA.

>A-at least it's a good movie!
A good clone maybe. JJ ruined the original trilogy with TFA as much as Lucas (ignoring the retarded edits Lucas did decades later) with the Prequels.

There is an interview somewhere with George where he says lukes outfit in ROTJ is what Jedi wear. He only changed it for prequels.

Prequels were made after the Originals. This wasn't intended. You're making things up in your head

>special edition

Good post OP, HOWEVER

>Good analysis, but I don't think it was intentionally written that way.

Pretty much this. But good point anyway

Reminder that Episodes 1-6 are now all "the prequels".

What's 'rogue one' then?

this

I don't know.

I actually thing George Lucas isn't given enough credit when it comes to coming up with arcs.
The only real issue is that he has no idea how to effectively make those arcs work.

If you play/played Tabletop RPGs like D&D, you probably know a few people just like George in this.
>Gets great idea for his character, with a goal/past in mind
>Has no idea how to properly play that character for the character's arc to work as intended

Episodes V and VI had little to do with Lucas iirc, so the credit re; any underlying narrative goes to the staff of those two films.

>nearly right

you mean wrong? Because that's what that means; he was wrong

Lucas only ever worked really hard on the first movies and even then it was up to several others to try and save the movie because the first cut was shit.

*first movie

No they're the only canon Star Wars movies. Anything not involving the creator is not, nor will ever be more than fan-fiction for me. And I don't give a flying fuck about "B-but the r-rights"

>OT
>worked because Lucas was at his prime but more importantly surrounded by competent people that added a lot to the films; inspired in Kurosawa's movies, classic sci-fi, etc.; ends with a lazy installment that didn't really deliver after Empire Strikes Back but still very enjoyable; has one of the most renowned and recognizable OST of all time

>PT
>flopped because Lucas wrote a first draft and did not corrected or enhanced it, and was surrounded by yes-men; there are some good ideas underlying but the execution is a fucking mess; also, there are bad ideas as well; a lot of awkward fan service that added nothing

>TFA
>succeeded because we live in a nostalgia fueled era and it appealed to lowest common denominator; takes only the worth of the OT; only exists because Disney knows capeshit won't be profitable forever and they cannot reboot/remake their own movies at the same time; uninspired, unoriginal, boring, feels like a bootleg Episode IV, lacks of grit, blatant plot holes and Deus Ex Machina; even John Williams' score feels lazier compared to the other six movies'

I fucking hate TFA.

Good post user, I agree with everything you said

As if I needed another reason to dislike the crap fest that was TFA. Fucking Disney has no respect for the franchise.

>mfw not a crybaby pee pants and didn't get assmad over TFA