Would you switch your non-dominant arm for a Terminator arm?

Would you switch your non-dominant arm for a Terminator arm?

Let's say just below the elbow. The replacement process is painless.

You can't feel anything but it's strong as fuck and pretty dexterous. You can cover it up with an artificial skin or something but it's up to you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XIqJaT3cvf8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In a second. Hell replace the whole arm. In fact, replace both my arms and legs and paint them black and I'll pretend to be in Deus Ex.

But seriously if someone offered me the chance to have a robotic arm I'd take it in a second.

Who the hell wouldn't?

People who like having feeling in both arms. What real world applications would a Terminator arm even serve?

>mfw this has been my fantasy ever since Star Wars Episode 5

i wouldn't.

then again i do a lot of things with my hands that require feel (not.. necessarily what you're thinking of) and am kinda ambidextrous, so it would feel like trading down.

Nah, not if I can't feel anything.

>can't feel anything
How the hell would you jerk off without accidentally ripping your cock off or squishing it into paste?

No because it would be fucking heavy and almost impossible to use properly, unless it's made of some expensive "hard but light" material.

He said non-dominant arm, dude. Unless you jerk off with it for added challenge.

Well yeah, we're talking about a theoretical cybernetic arm here, it's not gonna be made on fucking cast iron is it.

A strong arm is pretty useless when it's attached to a normal elbow.

That's a tough decision. You wouldn't have to fear being mugged ever but the loss of feeling would suck.

Even then the most you're going to get out of it is going to be squish cans like nothing. That's literally it.

>Implying i asked for this

>You can cover it up with an artificial skin
You have to. Otherwise you risk getting bummed rushed and murdered for your shiny metal arm.

>fapping with your dominant hand

You had me at the prospect of giving myself unlimited strangers.

>Will you want to have a better and improved arm?
Why the hell wouldn't I?

Why wouldn't i just fist them to death with my terminator arm?

absolutely

I cubital/carpal tunneled my shit up in my left arm with emacs on a thinkpad

fuck you Cred Forums

>join boxing classes.
>improve fitness to adequate level.
>enter boxing matches.
>Become greatest boxer in the world as "left Jab Jack"
>Get rained upon with money due to unfeeling, unrelentling, hidden robot arm.

Because they bummed rushed you. Either a knockout punch to the back of your head, a knife to your neck, or a bullet. Someone targeting an aug with super strength isn't gonna attack from the front saying "THIS IS A STICKUP SEEEEE?"

>You wouldn't have to fear being mugged ever
How is that cybernetic arm gonna protect you from a gun? And even if someone came at you hand to hand you would still need to be able to actually connect a punch in order for it to do some damage. Most people have no idea how to throw a proper punch or how to block/dodge attacks, so you'd likely get your ass kicked just the same. You'd need to learn how to actually fight in order for the arm to make you lethal, and once you've learned how to fight you'd find that you don't need the cybernetic arm to wreck 99% of the people you'll encounter.

>pic related

fucking netflix posters, kill your self op you cancer.

If anyone finds out about it, you would be sued to hell and back.
Also, if you get a fake arm is easy to assume anyone can, so they would check that shit.

>How is that cybernetic arm gonna protect you from a gun?

Obvs

obviously yes

I'd get it just to play an aluminium guitar with a metal pick. I'll ruin Steve Albini!

>can't feel anything
>don't know how to maintain and repair the arm
>setting off metal detectors everywhere
>only really useful when you're a blue-collar worker

>block bullet with metal arm
>gunman immediately shoots out your knee
>as you're going down shoots you in head
That's provided you'd have the lightning fast reflexes to even block the first shot.

I'd wish my hand to remain real.
But rest of arm and shoulder from the wrist is cyborg.
Same with calfs and knees.
Still want "real" glutes and quads.
Give spine bones metal alloy.

I'd really think about it. If I did, I would brandish that thing quite proudly.

Nah. It'd probably explode when I microwave tendies or h.ps(hot pockets).

No I beat my dick with that arm

Same here. I look forward to becoming an abomination.

Your junk would feel the pressure, so no worries there. And it would be like getting a stranger everytime.

>You can't feel anything
nah
even if it's strong it would be too difficult to control if you can't feel it, proprioception is very important. not worth it

>I'll pretend to be in Deus Ex.
You'll be inside Deus Ex? Like right inside him?

>grab his hand
>fucking crush it and the gun
>proceed to grab his throat and crush his windpipe so you can watch him choke to death while still completely mobile

YOU'RE A HUNDRED YEARS TOO YOUNG TO FACE ME

Most importantly you would never lose dexterity with use or age.

Man, I'd go full Robocop if I could. Imagine being super strong and invulnerable.

>You can't feel anything

Then it's fucking worthless and less useful than some advanced prosthetics we have now. Have you ever tried to do anything with a hand that is completely numb. It's about as dexterous as a stump.

yes, alot of humans are gonna do this in the future

replacing your arm for a better robotic one is gonna be normal in 50 to 100 years

I'd swap my dominant arm, my non-dominant hand's for wanking

>my non-dominant hand's for wanking

WHAT THE FUCK AT THIS CHEATING ASSHOLE

>get super strong arm
>"I can lift the heavy thing!"
>lift the heavy thing
>tear muscles in your shoulder
nobody ever thinks this through

I doubt it. There will be something more fine tuned then direct amputation and replacement. I would imagine gene therapy or integrated exoskeletons would be more feasable options.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIqJaT3cvf8

true you'd have to do it like this, then it would be alright

>he didn't get cyber-shoulders
I'll wear your fucking face as a moron party mask!

Yes in a moment, even my dominant hand. Why wouldn't anyone? Make so much money just on drunk bar bets. Wanna see me lift this car? Boom gimmie my tree fiddy. Could be a criminal or vigilante as well. Punch open safes or punch open heads.
The one concern I have is where its attached; seems like my human side would still be frail and could easily tear off while I'm trying to do crazy terminator shit.

>DONT SHOOT ME MAN
>open bullet proof palm as wide as possible covering the barrel in a cowering fashion
>grab end of gun when opportunity arises still covering barrel
>literally crush it into scrap with his hand still wrapped around it
>walk away humming bad to the bone over his screams of agony

Without the internal CPU targeting computer attached to your brain a robotic arm would be pretty annoying. Imagine having to look at your hand and concentrate every time you wanted to grasp something, that shit would suck.

Snake's bionic arm > augmentations

>grab end of gun when opportunity arises

This isn't the movies user, generally when someone has a gun they don't walk right up to you so you can grab their gun with your kung fu skills. They stay far away because with a gun you can shoot someone from far away.

>gunman

are you stuck inside a movie?

>hey guy 20 feet away gimmie your wallet
statistically speaking most robberies the gun is stuck directly to your head

I could become a professional boxer with 0 training and destroy people with literally one hand and no one would be the wiser.

you're fucked if you're gonna try and get on an airplane.

You can jerk off with it, have 3D glasses on, never have to leave the house.

>
>I could become a professional boxer with 0 training and destroy people with literally one hand and no one would be the wiser.
Until you get Xrayed or try and go through a metal detector