The Dank Meme of the Mountains: Werner Herzog's Comic Side

Look what you did, Cred Forums. Herzog is literally a meme.

>Never mind that Herzog has taken to the eccentricities of the Internet with the same interest as he has approached the infinite ridiculousness of actual life. It bears repeating here that Herzog has collaborated in the meme culture around him totally of his own volition.

mubi.com/notebook/posts/the-dank-meme-of-the-mountains-werner-herzog-s-comic-side

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Kl2dFGshro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"I would like to be a penguin." - Werner Herzog

>hmmm this looks like it could be interesting... I like Herzog
>Academic discussion of memes
>mfw

Why do people writing about films always try and quantify and contrast everything?
If a film is a success cinematically it should transcend verbal expression because it's meaning is so idiopathic as to not be capable of perfect translation into any other medium

I think Werner Herzog makes interesting documentaries because he's so fucking smart. You can tell the people around him think nothing of wrestling or pop culture but as soon as he starts talking about them, they stop and go 'that actually makes sense'.

Herzog sees the obvious that some how is not obvious to others around him.

forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=7Kl2dFGshro

Everything is memes user
You and I are communicating using linguistic memes
"I would like to be a meme." - Werner Herzog

>Everything is memes user
Well duh! All communication, gesture and social convention is memes
but we're talking about a particular subset of memes as in a certain type of idiom or rather a series of idioms that have been created during the web 2.0 era.

I just cringe when someone tries to assign some kind of larger and narrow theory onto it like a clotheshorse.

>but we're talking about a particular subset of memes as in a certain type of idiom or rather a series of idioms that have been created during the web 2.0 era.
If you read the essay the author is talking about Herzog being eccentric and having a weird sense of humor in his films with moments that really make you think in their subversion of norms, just like today's memes.

>“For a long time I thought I was a liberal and I was happy to be a liberal,” he began, “then I met (German and left-wing director) Rainer Fassbinder and I wasn’t so happy. But then I found out I was actually alt-right. My family is German. And that also gave me some pleasure. What can I say? I understand Pepe…I sympathize with him a bit.”

>Herzog qualified that “I don’t mean I’m in favor of Trump and I’m not against the Democrats, not even Obama” before digging himself deeper. “In fact I’m very much in favor of them. All liberals. Well, Hillary is a pain in the ass but…"

>“Now how can I get out of this sentence? Ok. I’m a sadfrog.” - Werner Herzog

that little shit was like "fuck this documentary im out"

>the author is talking about Herzog being eccentric and having a weird sense of humor in his films
Yeah I got that. But the second it tried to put that in a content with the internet I stopped reading.

I thought that was abundantly clear from my image, I was repulsed to the point of lazily skimming through

>>“Now how can I get out of this sentence? Ok. I’m a sadfrog.”
>sadfrog

Fuck... that's pretty trendy for a man of his years

>"I would like to be a big guy" - Werner Herzog

let's make the murder bear a meme too, it always funny when old people get PTSD

>murder
That's an odd way to describe lunch

Why is everything a meme now?

>Dank Meme
I wish this reddit phrase would die

I wish you would die.

Is this the birth of an epic new meme?

"I would like to be a significant bullet." - Werner "Bulletproof" Herzog

Bump for Herzog.

It's not real. Neither Werner Herzog nor Lars Von Trier ever called themselves a sadfrog.

Smugs von Trier

or

Werner Sadfrog

?

I know some of you might get trigert by this but I wish Terence McKenna was still alive today so he can see wha the fuck is going on with memes and the internet and those internet memes permeating reality

DUDE
WHAT IF
DRUGS
LMAO

Shut up

*waddles behind you*